Snoop Lion

Snoop Lion Fan Reviews (8)

• SnoopHappyHalloweenLaLaLa

Hey I watched your video for Snoop Lion La La La Love the video, Love the music, love the Hip-Hop. Love your concerts, loved meeting you! Thank you for the SnoopDogg bag and the the Plush wraps me like a big hug. I just love to check in everyday to see there is always something you are sharing. I can honestly say you make me SMILE! I sit alone with disability chronic pain everyday I am challenged. Thank You for the Good Vibes. The whole planet and everything within needs a whole lotta love! Right! Now, we all need to get busy living and RISE. Thank You for showing the way for so many, Thank You to your crew and amazing wife Boss Lady Ent.
  • Snoop Dogg

Cordozar Calvin Broadus, or "Snoop Dogg" is one of the greatest rappers right now. IMO, Snoop Dogg is better than 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, or G-Unit. He raps with rhythym, and he actually has something to rap about. My favorite song of Snoop Dogg is "Drop It Like It's Hot". Even though he's been arrested several times (i.e marijuana, a pistol, marijuana, other stuff) he's still a good rapper. His songs are dope, he's smooth, he's overall one of the greatest rappers out there right now. I just hope he doesn't go out like 50 did (I used to like 50, but his songs are SO freakin' stupid now).
  • Great rapper

Snoop Dogg is a really goood rapper. I love his song. Snoop Dogg, Snoop Doggy Dogg, The Dogg Father, Bigg Snoop Dogg, whateever u call him, he is a really good rapper. He has been around for a while now. He has really good songs like Gin & Juice, Sensual Seduction, Drop It Like It's Hot, and a lot of other hit songs. His song Sensual Seduction is good. But the video is very very very very extremely weird. It is very odd. It is an 80's video. He is featured in Akon's song, I Wanna Love You. Thats a good song too. Snoop is a really good rapper.
  • a great rapper

Rapper Snoop Doggy Dogg got that name from his mother who jokingly remarked that he looked like the Peanuts character, Snoopy. Dogg is primarily known for his achievements in the music industry, within the genre of gangsta rap, to be specific. As most successful musicians seem to do at some point, Snoop Doggy Dogg has done some work in film. Due to the nature of his music and his related star persona, the primary focus of his film effort has been in urban drama and comedy. Unfortunately, the talented rapper has had more than one brush with the law. He served a drug conviction prior to the start of his rapping career (just after he graduated from high school) and he was charged for murder in 1993, but was later found not guilty.

Calvin Broadus, 20 October 1972, Long Beach, California, USA. Snoop Doggy Dogg's commercial rise in 1993 was acutely timed, riding a surge in hardcore rap's popularity, and smashing previous records in any genre. Doggystyle was the most eagerly anticipated album in rap history, and the first debut album to enter the Billboard chart at number 1. With advance orders of over one and a half million, media speculators were predicting its importance long before a release date. As was de rigueur for gangsta rappers, Broadus' criminal past cast a long, somewhat romanticized shadow over his achievements. He was busted for drugs after leaving high school in Long Beach, and spent three years in and out of jail. He first appeared in 1991 when helping out Dr. Dre on a track called "Deep Cover", from the movie of the same title. Dogg was also ubiquitous on Dr. Dre's 1992 breakthrough, The Chronic, particularly on the hit single "Nuthin" But A "G' Thang", which he wrote and on which he co-rapped. After presenting a gong to En Vogue in September 1993 at the MTV video awards, Dogg surrendered himself to police custody after the show, on murder charges. This was over his alleged involvement in a driveby shooting. Inevitably, as news spread of Dogg's involvement, interest in his vinyl product accelerated, and this played no small part in the eventual sales of his debut album.
    Critics noted how closely Doggystyle was modelled on George Clinton's Atomic Dog project. Many also attacked the abusive imagery of women Dogg employed, particularly on the lurid "Ain't No Fun". His justification: "I'm not prejudiced in my rap, I just kick the rhymes". If the US press were hostile to him they were no match for the sensationalism of the English tabloids. During touring commitments to support the album and single, "Gin And Juice", he made the front page of the Daily Star with the headline: "Kick This Evil Bastard Out!". It was vaguely reminiscent of the spleen vented at the Sex Pistols in their heyday, and doubtless a good sign. He was asked to leave his hotel in Milestone, Kensington on arrival. A more serious impediment to his career was the trial on charges of accessory to the murder of Phillip Woldermariam, shot by his bodyguard McKinley Lee. The trial was underway in November 1995 and attracted a great deal of media attention, due in part to Dogg's defence attorney being Johnnie Cochran, O.J. Simpson's successful defender. During the trial the rapper's bail was set at $1 million. The verdict on 20 February 1996 acquitted Dogg and McKinley Lee of both murder charges and the manslaughter cases were dropped in April. The trial had not overtly damaged his record sales, with his debut topping seven million copies worldwide, and the follow-up Tha Doggfather entering the US album chart at number 1, although it ultimately failed to match the commercial success of Doggystyle.

A subsequent falling out with the ailing Death Row Records saw Dogg transferring to Master P's highly successful gangsta label, No Limit Records. Now known as Snoop Dogg, he released Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told in August 1998. Repeating the success of his first two albums, it debuted at US number 1. "Still A G Thang" climbed to number 19 the following month. Snoop Dogg released another new set, No Limit Top Dogg, in May 1999, although he was held off the top of the charts this time by Latino heart throb Ricky Martin. The following year Snoop tried on the role of corporate mentor for size, adding guest raps and acting as executive producer on the debut album by his prot?g?s Tha Eastsidaz. In December he released Tha Last Meal, his final album for No Limit.
  • Birth name Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. Also known as Snoop Doggy Dogg Born October 20, 1972 (1972-10-20) (age 34) Origin Los Angeles, California, USA Flag of United States Genre(s) Hip hop Occupation(s) Rapper, ac

Main article: Snoop Dogg discography * 1993: Doggystyle * 1996: Tha Doggfather * 1998: Da Game Is to Be Sold Not to Be Told * 1999: No Limit Top Dogg * 2000: Tha Last Meal * 2002: Paid tha Cost to Be da Bo$$ * 2004: R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece * 2006: Tha Blue Carpet Treatment * 2007/08: Ego Trippin'

Filmography Main article: Snoop Dogg filmography * 1994: Murder Was the Case (Platinum) * 1998: Half Baked (cameo appearance) * 1999: Hot Boyz * 2000: The Eastsidaz (also executive producer) (2x platinum)[23] * 2001: Baby Boy (Gold)[24] * 2001: Training Day * 2001: Bones * 2001: The Wash * 2003: Malibu's Most Wanted * 2003: Old School * 2004: Starsky & Hutch * 2004: Soul Plane * 2006: The Tenants * 2006: MILF Money (Weeds episode) * 2007: Arthur and the Minimoys (voice) * 2007: Coach Snoop
  • empty

I am amazed at just how many movies that Snoop Dogg has been in over the years. The man is truly a genius. I mean, he's transformed being a rap star into scoring movie roles. He usually only plays himself or a parody of himself in his films. Nonetheless, I'll give him the credit he deserves.
  • Talented

Snoop Dogg is a talented rapper. hes does great song and rappers good . I really enjoy hes music just like dr.dre & bow wow but i especially like snoop dogg he and dr.dre are good friends and make great song to gether. Hope he counts and makes great song and new albums and cd. Hes great singer and hope he countinces. I listen to his songs alot and enjoy them. Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented Talented he is . well thats the end.
  • Snoop Dogg is like a living legend!

Snoop Dogg or Snoop Doggy Dogg. He is like a rap living legend! There is not much to say about him except that he is an excellent rapper and a legend in music. He really put an imapct in rap and all of music for that matter. Snoop Dogg was also in MTV and MTV2's "The Andy Milonakis Show." They made Snoop look bad though. On that show, they make the guest star look kind of bad. Anyway, Snoop's songs are ok for rap. His best one has to be "Drop It LIke It's Hot." It is awesome for rap music.