Stephen Colbert

Stephen Colbert Fan Reviews (15)

• Great Guy!

When I first heard Stephen Colbert was splitting from Jon Stewart, I had low expectations of the show. From my experience, when a new show is created from the idea of an old one, it folds within the first few weeks because it is an exact replica of the old one, and people get bored quickly. But this show, and Colbert both suprised me. His attitude towards politics is completly the opposite of Stewart's, and his attack on the political media has a different approach as well. Overall, I am very pleased with this show as well as Colbert, it is funny till you cry, and it never dissapoints.
  • empty

Stephen Colbert is a comedic genius of the highest order. His stint on the Daily Show had some of the best moments in the show's history. As great as he was on the Daily Show, the Colbert Report managed to be even funnier. His parody of right-wing television pundits such as Bill O'Reilly is one of the funniest things on TV today.

His off-screen life is just as funny. The White House Correspondent's Dinner he hosted was genius. His short-lived run for President was a much-needed spoof of the insanity of our election system. His book, I Am America (and so can you) is the funniest thing I've read all year.
  • Stephen Colbert is by far the greatest actor of the 21st centuray.

His work in the Daily Show made him the greatest comedien on Comedy Central and late night television. When he finally got his own tv show, his comedic genious could truly bloom. His work on the Colbert Show easily overshadows the talent of other stars such as Jon Stewart, Carlos Mencia and other late night actors. Not only is he hilarious, he can make you believe that he really acts like his character in reall life. This is something that very few actors can do with such an outragious character. He can make you laugh at any political joke, regardless of you political party, race or gender. Bottom line: Stephen Colbert will go down in history as the greatest comedian of his generation.
  • A very funny guy who does great work on the Colbert Report, and has done some funny voice work as well.

The Conservative Stephen Colbert that we see on the Colbert Report is a well played character. He mocks all the right wing nuts and accurately plays a Fox News pundit. The Colbert Report is fairly sophisticated and has some good points about the government and American Society. He was good on the Daily Show when he was an anchor. His voice work on Harvey Birdman and Ace and Gary was also very good. His voice is easily recognizable and he plays any character well. He is one of the best interviewers I have ever seen. He can make anyone uncomfortable and asks the most ridiculous questions to very powerful people. Funny, Talented guy. I'm glad they gave him a show.
  • Stephen Colbert, what's more to say about this man?

Well obviously there's a lot to say about him. I've recently tunned in to his show and to his book. This man is extremely talented, gifted and worth to watch. I'm glad that he was given his own show after his time on the Daily Show. Personally he should have a longer show, I can't seem to stop watching the Colbert Report.

All the awards he's been given and honers he has earned are well deserved. If you watch his show and not manage to laugh at a single word he has uttered, then really something is either wrong with you or his sense of humor isn't your cup of tea.

If he's not well known or part of those 100 Most Influential People in Pop Culture twenty years from now then something is seriously wrong with American Television.
  • Either you love him or you don't.

It's tough to separate the man from his role on The Colbert Report, as it's much more common these days to see him in character, but Colbert is obviously smart, intuitive, and yet lighthearted about the news and his work. In the news satire racket, this seems to be the perfect recipe.

I have great admiration and respect for Stephen Colbert. He clearly has a talent for improvisation, imitation, and scripted comedy. It can't be easy to play a character drawn from a variety of newsmen, left and right, coming off as so flawed, and yet still appeal to audiences four nights a week. It just can't.
  • It is never a good idea to show a comedian the line that must not be crossed.

Stephen Colbert is funny. Here is something new to add to my list of Comedy Grievances. I am still hearing rumblings about Stephen Colbert's keynote speech at the White House Correspondents Association dinner. People are questioning whether Stephen Colbert is funny. Once again I must point out that comedy is subjective. Of course Stephen Colbert is funny. If he wasn't funny he would never have been given the opportunities that he has been given including being invited to speak at the Correspondent’s dinner. During this annual event people get roasted. No one in the public eye can and should never above roasting, especially people in politics and the media.

Merriam-Webster Online
    Entry Word: satire
    Function: nounText: a creative work that uses sharp humor to point up the foolishness of a person, institution, or human nature in general Synonyms lampoon Related Words burlesque, caricature, parody, spoof, takeoff; comedy, farce, sketch, slapstick, squib; derision, ridicule; mockery, travesty

Knowing this if you still have a problem with being satirized you can,
    a) Take the advice of President Harry Truman, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen".
    b) Hire a different comedian who will not make fun of the president. (I'm sure Dennis Miller is available.)

I'm sure Stephen Colbert was told one thing, "Be funny". It is never a good idea to show a comedian the line that must not be crossed. Still I hear people saying that Stephen Colbert was not funny at the correspondent’s dinner because not many people present laughed. I’d say that this is a great example of what Mr. Colbert calls "Truthiness"
    Truthiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Truthiness is the quality by which a person purports to know something emotionally or instinctively, without regard to evidence or to what the person might conclude from intellectual examination.

Here is my take on that audience laughter assessment.
    a) One third of the audience thought he was funny and laughed.
    b) Another third of the audience thought he was not funny and did not laugh.
    c) And another third of the audience thought he was funny but did not laugh out of fear of being seen laughing (The same way some people, after hearing an ethnic joke have to visually scan the room to make that no one from that ethnic persuasion is present to see them laugh).

This means that an overwhelming two thirds of the audience thought that Stephen Colbert's speech was funny.
    To quote Stephen Colbert's keynote speech at the White House Correspondents Association dinner, "So the White House has personnel changes. Then you write, "Oh, they're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." First of all, that is a terrible metaphor. This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring. If anything, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!"

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa
  • colbert is DA MAN!!!

there's no point reviewing stephen colbert... if u've seen atleast one of his shows... u know how the drill goes...
    COLBERT = FUNNY AS HELL
    he's one of the best comedians on this planet...end of story... and he is just awesome
    Colbert is funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny v
  • All colbert fans will know what i mean when i say that he is unlike every other newsman ive ever seen.

Stephen Colbert is the host of Comedy Central’s, Colbert Report. Stephen is the most original newsman alive. He adds a different element to most other news shows. This is confidence. He acts like he is right all the time, and he cannot possibly be wrong. He once said, “I don’t tell the news to you, I feel the news at you.” Stephen’s ego on the show has earned him the heart of many Americans. But without this, he would be hated. They would think he is stupid to be so sure of himself. Luckily, Stephen Colbert is well liked, appreciated, and famous.
  • This guy has no talent at all, are people watching the same show as I am ? I would put less but it won't save it if I put less than 1, for some reason.

I can't believe people think he have talent, even some of his fans said they lost repsect for him after he was at that dinner in Washington D.C. and bombed, and I mean nobody clapped, that was when I lost all respect for him, and realized his is a waste of time. He was supposed to doing a jokes making light of the President, and instead he did attacks, and once again, people who claimed to be fans of his also said this on websites and blogs. I think people need to want more from TV than this dork. It's not just his beliefs or him forcing them down people's throat. He obviously has to resort to this humor, because of lack of talent, but he still isn't any good even with trying so hard to be controversial.
  • Stephen Colbert is a comedic genius.

Stephen Colbert, host of the Colbert Report, should get a lot more credit than people give him. After all, he is always witty, clever, sharp, and exceptionally closed minded. Although some people still haven't figured this out, he plays a character. He plays the role of ultra conservative Catholic newscaster. I find all of his references to the bible hilarious, and how he debates with his guests very amusing. I give him credit for making all of his outrageous statements with a mostly straight face. He has a lot more talent than people think he does. He is a great writer, actor, comedian and over "newscaster". Oh and of course he is a role model republican catholic. =]
  • Stephen rocks!

Everybody knows how talented Stephen is, but I think few appreciate the hard work that goes into keeping his routine fresh on a daily basis. Most TV personalities have shows that are only on for half an hour once a week during the TV season (which only lasts half the year), and still don\'t deserve the few laughs they do get. Stephen, on the other hand, has to be in top form 4x/week, and he doesn\'t even have the benefit of having correspondents like that slacker John Stewart does! Just kidding, everybody knows John (and the rest of their posse) works pretty damn hard too.

But you get my point. Stephen didn\'t get where he is simply by being funny; I\'m funnier than a barrel of monkeys, but you don\'t see me on TV anywhere. Wait, nothing\'s funnier than a barrel of monkeys. Anyways though, the success of The Colbert Report resides with the hard work and intensity that Stephen brings to the table each and every night. My hat\'s off to him, because I can\'t find it, and because I doubt I\'ll ever be as passionate about or work that hard for anything in my entire life, and neither will a vast majority of the people who read this (which is to say, almost nobody).
  • One of the best comedians alive!

Stephen Colbert can be found in many places. Strangers with Candy, The Daily Show, Harvey Birdman and now his own show... The Colbert Report. This man is amazingly talented!! I just look at him and start to chuckle. I can't get enough of this insane, comedic warrior. Nobody can hold a candle to Colbert.
  • yes! finally steven got his own show!

I am so thrilled that Comedy Central finally picked up on the fact the Steven is as good a comedian as Jon Stewart. I recommend watching both. The Daily Show w/ Jon is more news-related and funny, while The Colbert Report is just plain hilarious!!! Steven has a talent for saying the stupidest and funniest things ever with a straight face, acts so selfishly (an act, of course) that anything with him is automatically funny.
  • ...and they did .... and it worked!

WOW. I thought he was good on The Daily Show, but he can hold his own with his own airtime. He can finally shine and his first episode sure did.

I think he took some pointers from Mr Stewart with the facial expressions and the way he interacted with Stone was classic.

This guy is on the rise and has been for years, hopefully flops like Bewitched doesn't hinder his rise.