Steve McQueen

Steve McQueen Fan Reviews (3)

7.1
  • Is there someone out there who doesn't like Steve McQueen?

I saw The Great Escape and I was hooked. Instantly in love with the cocky, loner American pilot named Virgil Hilts. Suddenly felt the need to watch every Steve McQueen movie ever made. Not quite there yet, but it is one of my lifetime goals.

Steve McQueen is a god among men. He is the King of Cool. There is no one out there quite like him, and there hasn't been. He's the charmer who's holding a gun to your head. He robs you blind and makes you laugh at the same time. He's the bounty hunter you can't help but root for. Every time he escapes from that prison camp you pray that this time is different and he is finally able to leap over that barbed wire fence. He dies at the end and you suddenly don't want to see that movie ever again.

Remaking a Steve McQueen movie is some kind of sacrilege. Alec Baldwin as Doc McCoy? I don't think so.

I bought season 1 of "Wanted: Dead or Alive" without ever having seen an episode. In fact, I'd never even heard of it. All I needed to know was that Steve McQueen was the star and I was sold. As far as I'm concerned, Steve McQueen can do no wrong.