Teri Hatcher

Forums: Teri Hatcher Board: Not to Teri bash but does any one else thinks shes too thin

lanie2270

[1]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 12

I am a fan of Teri - when she was Penny in Macgyver to Lois Lane in The New Adventure of Superman to Susan in Desperate Housewives. I've always thought she had a curvy real woman body until lately. Pencil thin legs, barely there arms and when she smiles she look completely different (her mouth seems to big for her face).  Am I wrong and  just being overly critical or  am I right and she needs an intervention.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

1treehillfan

[3]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 45
    She is very skinny, but I do think she is still very pretty. If she has an eating disorder I feel like that is her problem and none of the press/tabloids or anyones business.

samarajunk

[4]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 9
    I always thought she looked fantastic in the Superman days, she does seem a little bit too thin these days

lilacmonkey12

[5]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 10
    I think she was at the perfect weight in L&C but now she does look a bit thin, she should learn this thing people do called eating!

Sheri1985

[6]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    She looked great in lois and clark, especially at the start ov Lois n Clark..but since she's been bk on the scences in Desperate Housewives she looks painfully thin, how she could wana look that way is beyond me, her legs are far too thin, they're very boney!!
    She's a very pretty woman, but mayb needs 2 change her diet and exercise regime a lil n put on even half a stone?!!
    She's a great Actress..but mayb could b a healthier weight, i.e beta role-model.

alana15

[7]Apr 12, 2008
    • level: 30
    I don't think she's that thin, I think she's normal.

boildacabbage

[8]May 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    I think she looks ok at the moment. It was around Season 2 of Desperate Housewives that she was too thin. I don't think she has an eating disorder.

RobCr

[9]May 15, 2009
    • level: 1

Funny you should mention it. I was just talking to a friend regarding Teri's appearance on Letterman (in Aust). I remarked that she was way too thin, and I lamented on what she was like when I first saw her. She appeared (just once) in one of the original (James T Kirk) Star Trek episodes. She was very young, and had a great curvy figure. (I would have traded the lives of all my relatives, for her.)

I was dismayed when later in her career, she lost a lot of weight. One of the nasty side effects (for a woman with healthy sized breasts), is their boobs drop. She was briefly naked in some movie with Alec Baldwin (she was on the upstairs porch), and the boobs had gone south. (Please heed all you other women, don't over slim.)

I may be the only one that remembers, as I have Googled furiously, and could find no mention of that appearance on the original Star Trek. She appears in practically every other spin off TV series, and movie, so I guess William Shatner 'keeps singing about her around the camp fire'.

No living relatives,

Rob

Edited on 05/16/2009 3:44am

Parsec54

[10]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 20
    RobCr wrote:

She appeared (just once) in one of the original (James T Kirk) Star Trek episodes. She was very young, and had a great curvy figure.

I think you're mistaken, here. According to info I got from a biographical sketch of her in Parade magazine some years ago, she was only born in 1964. She was barely two years old when the original episodes of Star Trek debuted in 1966. She could not have been on as anything other than a baby, and would most certainly not have had any kind of figure at all.
    RobCr wrote:

She was briefly naked in some movie with Alec Baldwin (she was on the upstairs porch), .

That movie was Heaven's Prisoners... and it was awful. Teri hardly appeared on-screen at all

Parsec54

[11]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 20
    Sorry, I should have put this in my first post, but usually when I try to quote people in pieces like that it doesn't work, so I didn't expect it to this time.

Anyway, to comment on this thread's point... I thought she started looking horribly thin even as far back as the last season of Lois and Clark. She used to be extremely attractive (just look at the MacGyver episode "Cleo Rocks" if you want to see what she used to look like when she wasn't skeletally thin) but every picture I've seen from that last season of L&C to now, she reminds me of the pictures I used to see of starving children in Bangladesh. If she doesn't have an eating disorder, I'd be awfully surprised, but that's probably true of three quarters of the women in the entertainment industry. She (and thousands of other women and girls) needs to realize that they're not doing themselves any good at all by being so thin. Learn from what happened to people like Karen Carpenter. Your body, and especially your heart, can't take it. At least that's what I'd tell her if I could.

whatever120

[12]Feb 5, 2012
    • level: 6

I know no one is probably still around to care, but... RobCr: Teri guested in an episode of Star Trek: TNG. As Lt. Robinson - a transporter technician, in the episode The Outrageous Okona. So that's probably what you're thinking of. People first started speculating about her weight many years ago, shortly after she did Cabaret on stage. This led to her booking at short notice a guest spot on one of the US talk shows - can't recall which one - to vehemently deny that she had any kind of eating disorder. She said she felt the press coverage suggesting that she had was worrying in that it might influence her young fans into harming themselves.

Here's a link to the YT clip of Teri in TNG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDDETyWoVMY

Edited on 02/05/2012 7:18pm