Teri Hatcher

Teri Hatcher Fan Reviews (31)

• Susan Mayer Delfino!

I rememer I used to watch and I used to like Lois and Clark a lot when I was a little girl.. When I first started to watch Desperate Houesewives I didn't recognize Teri Hatcher as the actress who played Lois.. I swear.. That's probably because I was very young when I was watching Lois and Clark.. anyway.. Teri rules is her role.. She is my fave housewives of the show.. She's so clumsy and funny.. I think Teri is doing an amazing job.. She is a perfect Susan.. I remeber thet scene where Susan is crying in her mum's wedding dress.. WOW.. a very intense scene.. I really like her a lot and I really think she is very talented.. She can easly pass from a dramatic scene (like the wedding dress one) to a funny one with no problem at all.
  • She is a beautiful actress and I love her acting. She is just such an amazing actress :D

She is always stunning in her role as a mother to two different children by two different fathers. She plays an amazing mother. She will always love Mike Delfeno. Thats what I love about her character, is that she is so devoted and such a good woman at heart. She also can not say no to her friends on the show. She is a great person and I'm sure in real life she is the same amazing lady with just a different life. I couldn't imagine her with a different role in life other then being a mother to children, but I hope she isn't a single mom because she deserves happiness.
  • She makes the show for sure

Without klutzy air head Susan I doubt this show would have been such a hit. I think I relate to her character the most. Her acting this season (5) has been especially good. I would like to see her have a juicer story line then the ones that she has gotten so far. She is capable of more then just looking for a man. She has always been a favorite of mine since she played Lois on Lois and Clark (another great show). I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like her. If she ever leaves I think it would be the end of Desperate Housewives.
  • Susan on "Desperate Housewives."

Teri Hatcher is such an amazing actress. She is very talented and beautiful. She had her first child, Emerson Rose, on November 10, 1997. She is famous for her role as Susan on Desperate Housewives. Her character has been through a lot in the past. Her character has competed for a man, was held hostage at gunpoint, has dated a doctor when she loved another man and blurted it out, remarried her ex-husband for health insurance, her boyfriend was hit with a car right before he was going to propose, she dated another man whose wife was in a coma when her boyfriend was in a coma, called the cops on her friend's husband because her boyfriend was being accused for a murder that people believe her husband committed, her daughter was in a hostage situation, her daughter was having sex with another woman's 18-year-old trouble-making nephew, and ruined her friendship with her friend several different times. She has portrayed her role as Susan beautifully. Teri Hatcher is definitely a television legend, and she definitely deserves to be regarded as one.
  • Annoying, overacting nag

0.5
    I absolutely can't understand why most viewers and critics unanimously seem to think that Ms Hatcher is a good actress. She obviously plays mainly herself, or an exaltated version of herself. Her annoyingly 'cute' behaviour may be suitable for a four-year-old, but not for an adult person. And when she's not playing Little Miss Sweetie, she's either whining or doing the klutz. Not a trace of differentiated acting, no nuances - it's partly fault of the scripts, but one recognises in every scene that she couldn't do better, even if her roles were more demanding. If her 'funny behaviour' would at least be funny, but it's just pitiable.
  • Not a great actress at all! She is lucky that she was given a second chance at stardom!

1.2
    The least talented of the four main actresses of Desperate Housewives (Eva Longoria, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman). I think that this woman is the most overrated star of the millennium. As has been mentioned numerous times, she is merely playing an over exaggerated version of herself. But apparently falling into a cake, locking oneself outside naked and falling through a wooden floor is enough to win major television awards.

I am still in disbelief that this woman was awarded the Golden Globe for Lead Actress in a Comedy and the SAG Award for Actress in a Comedy in 2005…Especially when two of her more talented co-stars (Felicity Huffman and Marcia Cross) act circles around her.

Coming to the end of the 2nd season of Desperate Housewives, we have Felicity Huffman who has now rightfully stepped in and won two individual awards for her efforts and Marcia has yet to win one.

I just wish that the hype for this woman would die down - and quickly, because it’s unjustified. She isn’t that great an actress at all. But for some reason she was also awarded the World Actress Award (in 2005) and the Glamour UK Magazine - US Actress Award (in 2005). When will people wise up and realize that the character that she plays (Susan Mayer) isn’t a stretch for her at all?
  • Has brains and beauty!

I think Teri was meant to be one of the
    Desparate Housewives as she is really the star of
    The show and she is the glue that holds the show
    Together and also is it's main star. If she were to
    Leave the show all together, the show would probably go down
    With her as she is really the #1 of the housewives!
    Very talented and has brains and beauty! Also loves football like myself!
  • Not the worst, but certainly not the best

3.5
    I was a fan of Teri back during her days on "Lois & Clark" but since the beginning of "Housewives" to me it seems as if she has been "hyped" far too much. I just consider her an average actress and haven't seen anything really spectacular about her acting that warranted major award wins.

It is this buzz IMO which is the sole reason that she won the "Golden Globe" and "Screen Actors Guild Award" in 2005 over more deserving actresses.

I really wish that she would tone down the magazine covers because at this point it has started to get tiresome and repetitive. She should really keep the focus on her acting as opposed to creating buzz in the media if she wants people to really ever take her seriously.
  • This beautiful actress is famous for her role as Susan on Desperate Housewives.

Teri Hatcher is such an amazing actress. She is very talented and beautiful. She had her first child on November 10, 1997. She named her Emerson Rose. She is famous for her role as Susan on Desperate Housewives. Her character has been through a lot in the past. Her character has competed for a man, was held hostage at gunpoint, has dated a doctor when she loved another man and blurted it out, remarried her ex-husband for health insurance, her boyfriend was hit with a car right before he was going to propose, she dated another man whose wife was in a coma when her boyfriend was in a coma, called the cops on her friend's husband because her boyfriend was being accused for a murder that people believe her husband committed, her daughter was in a hostage situation, her daughter was having sex with another woman's 18-year-old trouble-making nephew, and ruined her friendship with her friend several different times. She has portrayed her role as Susan beautifully. Teri Hatcher is definately a television legend.
  • i love her... teri hatcher is really good...

i remembered the first time i watched desperate housewives, i memorized the name of the leading characters and bree was really stunning for me but when i noticed susan's clumsiness and her big crush to mike, since then, i am a susan myer fan...i like teri hatcher because, for me she is a good actress although there was a particular scene that brought rage to the filipino community in US where she was in there, i still like her. i am proud of being a filipino and i believe with what we are worth of. despite of that, still love teri hatcher, i believe, it was just an acting not her true personality... teri hatcher... yes! go... go.. go... susan myer... i hate your enemies...
  • A very talented actress.

This actress has proven to us how good she is... I haven't followed a lot of her shows just 2… which are Lois and Clark: The Adventures of Superman and Desperate Housewives (but I am not a follower anymore as I don't have time)

We can see a major difference in these roles as she was still young on the series Lois and Clark and we can see that a few years passed by when Desperate Housewives came out. One thing stayed the same with this actress and that is her talent for acting.

Teri Hatcher did a great job as Lois Lane on Lois and Clark: The adventures of Superman.
  • She will always be Lois Lane for me.

Teri Hatcher has played a multitude of roles in different TV shows and movies during her careers. Some more well known than others. Her main successes were as Lois Lane in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and as Susan Mayer in Desperate Housewives.
    She has said in interviews that she loved playing Lois Lane and will always be grateful to her for really making Teri Hatcher's career as before this, she was...well not as famous. However, she says (or it can be inferred) that she prefers playing Susan Mayer. It has brought her great success and the role of a single mother comes very naturally as she is in fact a single mum to daughter Emerson Rose, born in 1997. To me, she will always be Lois Lane, no matter how critically acclaimed she is from Desperate Housewives (and I know she is!), but her Lois is the best and will be the best forever. I suppose it helps when Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman is your favourite show...
    I would have given her 10 for playing Lois Lane and probably a 10 for Desperate Housewives, even though I don't watch it, but just because she prefers playing Susan to Lois. She is and will always be superb and a very talented actress with perfect comedy timing.
  • empty

I guess I first became aware of Teri Hatcher when she did that show "Lois and Clark" with Dean Cain. But, then she popped up on an episode of "Seinfeld." I'm not sure what was first, though I think the "Seinfeld" appearance must have been. Anyhow, she's only been in a few films that I've seen. Her acting is okay, but she always comes off as having the same emotions in her roles.
  • She may be known for her role in "Desperate Housewives", but this actress - who I did not like till very recently - has alot more then you think.

I watched Teri on "Lois and Clark". She was funny, but... I think "neurotic" will be a good word. The thing with Teri is, that Susan Mayer (Desperate Housewives) is the same way. So for years I thought that's Teri Hatcher too. Weird, annoying, trying too hard to be funny and somewhat of a nag. It all changed last week, when I watched one interview with her. I started watching it expecting to dislike her more, but I was wrong (and I don't admit it often). I found Teri to be a sweet, funny, talented actress, with alot more then a pretty body (let's face it, she's not the most beautiful woman in the world). Learning about her childhood as an only child and the way her childhood was; Rasing a baby all alone; Those and other new piece of infromation I learned about her, made me like her more and more. And respect her alot more. But most of all, I was touched when she told about the abuse she's been through by her uncle, as a child. I swear I wanted to cry when told that story. That was the brave and amazing side of Teri, a side I didn't know was there, but was very happy to find it. As someone who's been though something similar to that, I completely admire her now. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like Susan Mayer, but I now have new appreciation for Teri Hatcher.

Teri Hatcher is such an amazing actress. She is very talented and beautiful. She had her first child on November 10, 1997. She named her Emerson Rose. She is famous for her role as Susan on Desperate Housewives. She has been through a lot in only 60 episodes. Her character has competed for a man, was held hostage at gunpoint, has dated a doctor when she loved another man and blurted it out, remarried her ex-husband for health insurance, her boyfriend was hit with a car right before he was going to propose, she dated another man whose wife was in a coma when her boyfriend was in a coma, called the cops on her friend's husband because her boyfriend was being accused for a murder that people believe her husband committed, her daughter was in a hostage situation, her daughter was having sex with another woman's 18-year-old trouble-making nephew, and ruined her friendship with her friend several different times. She has portrayed her role as Susan beautifully. Teri Hatcher is definately a television legend.
  • Famous housewife

Although, she acted in many TV shows and stuff, I have noticed her as Susan in the most desparate show ever 'Desparate Housewives'. She seems OK and everything and I think that Susan role really suits her! She isn't one of my fave actors (I don't know why), but her character- Susan is my fave character in the show!
  • I really liked you when you were on MacGyver because I thought you had a cute nobby nose.

I am a big fan of yours. I have watched and taped every episode with you as Penny Parker in MacGyver from 1985-1992

I am living in a residential house because I have Aspergers Syndrome, which means I get stuck on magpies, I have been watching MacGyver with family and friends.

I would like to meet you for a cake and a hot chocolate one day.
  • Golqm 6emet e i e mnogo sme6na

Teri Hatcher grew up in Sunnyvale, California. In high school she participated on a dance team called The Featherettes. She studied acting at San Francisco\'s famed American Conservatory Theater, and more importantly was a cheerleader for the San Francisco 49\'ers.

Her first acting gig came when she was providing moral support for a friend at an audition, and then inadvertantly got cast for a part in The Love Boat. After that, she was a regular on the series MacGyver. She also appeared in many films, including Tango and Cash and The Big Picture, and made memorable guest spots on Seinfeld and L.A. Law.

When MacGyver was cancelled, Teri landed the part of Lois Lane on Lois and Clark. After the end of Lois and Clark Teri appeared in films such as 2 Days In The Valley and the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies.

In 1994 she married fellow actor Jon Tenney. On November 10 1997 they had their first child Emerson Rose. This was a dry period for Teri where she primarly had small roles in films and did a long series of Radio Shack ads. In 2003 Teri filed for divorce and is now a single parent sharing custody of Emerson.

Teri finally hit the jackpot when she was cast as the lead in ABC\'s hit comedy, Desperate Housewives. Which has been a big hit and given Teri two Screen Actors Guild Awards and a Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy
  • Will always be known as Lois Lane, Paris Carver, and Susan Mayer

Teri Hatcher looks better with age. She is gorgeous for a person over 40+. To me, she will always be known as Lois Lane from Lois and Clark: The New Aventures of Superman. This is the one true show in which she got her big break. She became the most download person/woman on AOL because of a photo in which she wrap herself in a Superman Cape! I have to admit that I also downloaded this photo! When Lois and Clark was canceled, she became one of the bond girls in the movie Tomorrow Never Dies in which she played Paris Carver. As a result in 1997 she was named #3 of Sci-Fi's Sexy 50, by Femme Fatales magazine. After that, she once again became an unknown until 2004 in which a little show called "Desperate Housewives" made her fomous once again. This time however she was rewarded for her work playing the charater Susan Mayer. She won a Golden Globe and SAG award. With all the new success she is now one of the highest paid actresses is Hollywood!
  • Teri Hatcher plays the role of Susan Mayer well on Desperate Housewives.

I think that Susan really contributes a lot to the show Desperate Housewives. She is the clutsy hopeless romantic who never gives up on love. Apparently, she was supposed to play Eva Longoria's role as Gabrielle, but I'm sure she's glad that she didn't, because she won a Golden Globe Award for her part as Susan. Some of the things that she does are pretty funny, like accidentaly setting Edie's house on fire or getting caught outside her house naked. I never saw Lois and Clark but I would have liked to because she's a pretty good actress, and I love Superman.
  • She is a good actress, and she is very beautiful, my favorite in the T.V. series

In my very personal point of view, this is a good TV series, perhaps with things that are not part of the life of most of the common people, but this is very entertained, in addition it is very pleasant to be able to see these four so beautiful women, perhaps this is not the best one of the TV series but it is very good, and perhaps Teri Hatcher interprets the roll most closest to the reality, with in which many women can be felt identified, because I believe that it is very common to find divorced women that they take the economic load of the house.
  • Personally, I find Teri Hatcher the best actress in Desperate Housewives. She plays Susan extremely well, and she has 1 golden globe and 2 SAG's to prove it.

Desperate Housewives is an amazing show with amazing actresses, which all stand out. But, there is one in particular who shows great skill.

Susan Mayer is a sweet, klutzy and fun woman who only wants to be happy. Her husband of fourteen years, Karl, cheated on her and they have been divorced for two years. Her support system is her fourteen year old daughter Julie, who sometimes appears to be the mother. However, her love life changes when she meets Mike Delfino at Mary Alice's wake.

Mike is the streets hunky new neighbour, and Susan falls for him straight away. The two of them fall in love, all to be crushed when Lynette finds dead Martha Huber's jewlery in Mike's garage. When she reluctantly allows her friends to phone the police, Mike is taken to jail. But, Susan then realises that the night Mrs Huber was killed is the night that she and Mike first slept together. She is his allibi, however, Susan than finds out that Mike was convicted of manslaughter and drugdealing for three years and leaves him, screaming one of my favorite lines 'Mike, stop talking, because you might let yourself back in my heart and i don't want you anywhere near my heart'

Susan is miserable for a long time, and desperate to find out that Mike is innocent. She is one again lucky, and finds out that Mike was not a drugdealer and he killed a cop in self defence. She goes back to Mike and they move in together. Again, Susan just cannot catch a brake since Mike may have a son, Zach, who tried to kill both of them.

Susan cannot risk being around Zach since he is semi-stalking her daughter Julie and has hurt Susan multiple times. She tells Mike that they can't move in together, but they can still date. She goes off crying, but knowing that she did the best for her daughter.

Susan finally accepts Zach and she and Mike go back into there whirlwind relationship. But, when both are looking for a missing Zach, Susan finds him. He attempts to swing a piece of wood at her, so Susan tells him his real father is in Utah and she gives him money too. But, she knows if mike finds out, he will never forgive her.

Mike does find out, just as Susan is trying on her mother's wedding dress since mike admitted that he might pop the question. Mike leaves a crying susan in my favorite dh scene ever, and here we receive amazing acting from teri. which is truly priceless, and we see that she now cannot live without mike.

Susan tries dating doctor ron, since mike has completely sealed the door to their relationship, even though he still loves her. Doctor Ron tells a anastasia-filled susan that he loves her, and she replies with 'I love mike'. Well, thats that! She then goes back to karl who lied to her and she goes back to hating him.

Then, finally, she and mike go back to being together, since as she told sophie in season one 'don't you get it? morty was just one in a long string of guys. Mike was the one.' Mike is even planning to propose, but, he is hit by a car before he gets the chance, and susan is left thinking that he no longer cares.

I wrote the above because all of that makes susan what she is. Forever cursed, but somehow lucky. What she has found with Mike is something they were both stupid enough to lose, but now that they found eachother again (and hopefully mike is alive) neither will give up.

I also love Susan's relationship with Julie. I think they have a strange mother-daughter relationship but certainly the best one. they are best friends and trust each other with about everything. And are both mothers in a weird way.

Overall, i think teri hatcher is brilliant as susan, and that is why i gave her a ten!
  • My favorite in Desperate Housewives!

I watch the TV show Desperate Housewives since the beginning. It's pretty rare, but I'm a boy... Yes I'm a boy and I love that TV show! She's talented and gorgeous. It's sad, she's not a Hollywood star... That would be great if she was! Since I don't live in the United States I'm still at season 2, I watch it in french so I can't hear her real voice :(... just kidding, I don't really care. Anyway, she's pretty and I like her.
  • Teri Hatcher is very a great person.

Teri Hatcher is liked because she is open and generous with her audience. She has charisma and great comedic timing. She can become one of the best person in the acting industry if hse keeps up her good work. I also love her new website at terilynnhatcher.com.

Her role in my opinion as Susan Mayer on Desperate Housewives isn\'t all that deep. Oh, she has a plumber of a boyfriend Mike who only recently she found out his true past and she\'s a mother of one, Julie. Big deal. She\'s not so much of a bad actress as she is an average actress. Big deal. So why does she get all the nominations and the awards? I don\'t understand. Everybody seems to love her as a character. Is it because her character as Susan is one of those mothers whose daughters solve a lot of problems? Or that none of her problems are earth-shaking? Well, I\'ll say it for her. Without much talent she\'s become the Britney Spears equivalent in an actress.
  • she is very tanlted!!

teri hatcher is very talanted she deserves the role for susan on desperate housewives!she has had a hard life raising a child on her own after getting divorced.She should NOT be dating ryan seacrest.Although it is all over that she is dating him she shouldnt and i donot think there is real passion there i think teri just wants to be noticed.But she dosent have to try she is noticed for her work! being a great mother to emerson rose and working so hard on desperate housewives that she broke a rib will falling into a cake and she does get rewarded she gets to kiss the hott james denton (mike delfino)yummy
  • Ok i have been a huge fan of teri's since i was five. well i didn't know who she was until i got older but i knew that i watched her every sundays on superman.

Teri Hatcher has come back as one of the biggest comeback stars in her role of Susan Mayer on Desperate Houswives. She was took some time off to spend with her child Emerson Rose. Then is all hit her again when the Season premire of the hit comedy show Desperate Housewives showed millions of people that Teri Hatcher still has it in her. She is one of the greatest actress in all time. She came out of High School wanting to me a 49ers dancer which she became. But little after you know it Teri wanted to act. She she auditioned for an open casting call and won the role on Love Boat. Teri has done much more work after that. She it still the greatest actress out there.
  • When you're as hot as Teri Hatcher was, and you keep trying to be 25, you turn into a neurotic, self-absorbed nightmare. But you still imagine boppin horizontal because she's still pretty hot.

Teri as Bond girl - yummy. Teri as neurotic housewife - pity. Teri being interviewed by Helen Degenerate - sad. Hollywood is a whorehouse town (I lived in LA for 10 years and worked at Paramount Pictures for 4 years, so I've seen it all). I met Tina Louise when I was 25 and she was 45 and if I wasn't so prude I should have accepted her offer to go to bed with her because it's Ginger! Teri will follow in Demi's path and marry an idiot like Ashton, who regardless of his age, is an idiot. I hoped she'd have more class, but then, so few actresses do. I don't know why desperate housewives is popular (except for the poontang) - who wants to watch neurotic, spoiled brats act like assess when you can see the same thing next door. The next mistake she'll make is plastic surgery. She needs an intervention to regain her self respect and get over herself. Somebody - pleaase send her a real man!
  • She's been Lois Lane, a Bond girl and now a Desperate Housewife.

Teri Hatcher- she has her good and bad points I guess. I used to watch her as Lois Lane with Dean Cain. I wasn't interested about that James Bond movie though. I was quite surprised when she was in the movie Spy Kids- that was a laugh! And now, she's a Desperate Housewife.

I think Teri is way too over-rated right now- she's always in the public eye and I really dont think she deserved that Golden Globe. It was a joy to see Felicity win the Emmy. And that so called Vanity Fair photoshoot- I think some of it is real and I do think that Teri acts like a diva.

I dont think she'll win the upcoming Golden Globe- I believe it will go to Marcia.

Star Grade- C.
  • Loved her since Lois and Clark!

I've been a huge Teri Hatcher fan ever since Lois and Clark, and although I never taught of her as a "has-been" it's great to finally see her back on TV.
    She's funny and real! I like that she allways talks about how her life hasn't changed much after Desperate Housewives started. That she "still does her own shopping". =)
  • Teri Hatcher is liked because she is open and generous with her audience. She has charisma and great comedic timing.

When I first encountered Teri Hatcher in Lois and Clark, my initial opinion was that she was just another pretty face. Then it turned out she is a very talented entertainer. She can also sing and dance, and her performances can be both subtle and intense. She is not afraid to take chances and manages to project an image of vulnerability and strength.

I enjoy her performances, and I'm thrilled to see her in such a great show.
< 1 2