The Black Eyed Peas

The Black Eyed Peas Fan Reviews (19)

• Positive messages and breakdancing are integral parts of hip-hop culture, but by 1990 those elements had been temporarily eclipsed by the tough gangsta image and bleak but compelling lyrics of West Coast groups like N.W.A.

Positive messages and breakdancing are integral parts of hip-hop culture, but by 1990 those elements had been temporarily eclipsed by the tough gangsta image and bleak but compelling lyrics of West Coast groups like N.W.A. However, despite sharing a zip code, Black Eyed Peas' vision goes beyond the cracked-sidewalk vignettes and sampled gunfire of Los Angeles' gangsta style. The socially conscious group's earliest connections go back to high school, when will.i.am and apl.de.ap were part of Tribal Nation, a breakdancing crew. Eventually the pair focused more on music — hip-hop, specifically — and split off into their own as Atban Klann, their esoteric name an acronym for A Tribe Beyond a Nation. Eazy-E's Ruthless Records signed the group in 1992, but many in the Ruthless camp were puzzled by the group and the enthusiasm of Eazy, who had no problem reconciling his own gangsta style with the peace-minded breakdancing of Atban. Although an album was recorded, Ruthless shelved it, unsure how to market a group whose style wasn't dependent on violent braggadocio like N.W.A.The death of Eazy-E in 1995 signaled the end of any further deals with Ruthless. Undaunted by the experience, will and apl recruited another dancer/MC, Taboo, and reappeared as Black Eyed Peas. BEP began playing shows around L.A., impressing hip-hop fans with their mike skills and dazzling them with their footwork as well. In 1998 their debut, Behind the Front, was released to critical acclaim — not only for the trio of MCs, but for their live band and backing vocalist Kim Hill as well. Featuring guest appearances from Jurassic 5's Chali 2na, De La Soul, and Macy Gray, BEP's sophomore effort, Bridging the Gap, was released in 2000. The group's third album, 2003's Elephunk, featured a new member (Fergie, who replaced Kim Hill) and became their biggest hit yet, storming the Top 40 with three singles ("Where Is the Love?," "Hey Mama," "Let's Get It Started"). Two years later, the quartet returned with a heavily crossover date, Monkey Business, which pushed them into the stratosphere courtesy of the hit single "My Humps."
  • black eyed peas rocks...

I really like black eyed peas like their songs but unfortunately black eyed peas now already splitted because like their member stacie ferguson and will.i.am already had their own albums by theselves like fergie her first single song was london bridge followed fergalicious and her latest song called big girls dont cry but I still like their songs like pump it, where is the love which was featured with justine timberlake. But their single songs was still incredible because even though the group had splitted each one of them had been the no.1 song of the people... like the people of the world.
  • empty

While they are a mildly talented band, the Black-Eyed Peas just may be one of overrated musical acts this century. I swear that all of their songs sound very similar. I just don't see them as creating a lot of new content.
  • My favourite group!

There not like other bands or singers where they only have a few hits; The black eyed peas have about 10 hits and most of them where in the top ten for a while. There top songs are: Don't lie, Don't Phunk with my heart, Lets get it started, my humps, union, gone going, shut up, where is the love, hey mama, my style and pump it. All of them are in the Black Eyed Peas albums, Elephunk and Monkey Buisness.
    The Black Eyed Peas are my fav. band for the reason above and also they don't do rap, rock or hiphop. I like those genres but the black eyed peas have there own; somewhere between pop and hiphop.
  • empty

I think that the Black Eyed Peas are a very talent band, and I think that it is one of the best due to his original style that really, gets up to a lot of things. I think that each member of the band really knows how to act, and I like the way they act on stage. Great band!
  • I luv them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Black Eyed Pea's!! I think most of there music sounds ah-mazing! That pretty much sums it up...but I have to go on for one hundred w o r d s lol don't mind the w o r d s , I am just trying to create more words.... only 50 more.....This is probably b o r i n g..I find it hard to get one hundred words...The black Eyed pea's are great...Only 25 more...How was your day lol? Ugh!! I need more to say blah blah blah..The black eyed pea's are great There! 4 no three no 1! Ha!!!I got to 100..wait 100 and !!!Haha!!Now 110!! :)
  • The Black Eyed Peas are the best band ever! A very unique and original style. They can dance and sing!

The Black Eyed Peas are the best band in the world. Not only can they sing but dance as well. How many real bands can you say that about? Here are my favorite songs that they have made ( 1 being highest )- #1- Don't Lie #2- Pump It #3- Hey Mama #4- My Humps #5- Where is the love. Those are definately my favorite ones! I hope they make many more songs in the future. Most of their songs have made top 10 lists. For those that don't like their music then you must not like this genre of music ,because they are the best type of their style.
  • One of my favorite rap/r&b groups. They are so cool and laid back that is why I like them.

I had never realy heard of the Black Eyed Peas till about 2003 when their third album hit the charts. It was then I did some research to learn about them some more and listend to some of their older songs that they realy became a personal favorite of mine. I went out and bought Elephunk as quick as I could and I loved it. When Monkey Buisness came out I heard a few songs from it and again went straigt out and bought it. I just loved the cd so much that I went to sleep playing the cd and put it on repeat and woke up the next day and was still listning to it. Fergie to is a big plus to the BEP. She is my favorite.
  • One of the greatest hip hop groups out there.

What can you say about the black eyed peas? What cant you say! They are one of the greatest hip hop groups out there and they have great songs. There unique style is what makes them stand out and so great. The Black eyed peas have gone very far from their first day and are going even farther with every passing day. This is one of my all time favorite groups and I wish them much luck in sucess.
  • BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.0
    i hate em! wat do think?!?!?i hate them sooooo OVERRATED! Gwen Stafani iz wayyy BETTER! if any ov u HATE them, then, b my friend!

Ever since they were a fledgling group in the environs of Los Angeles, The Black Eyed Peas have flaunted a passionate, energetic hip-hop spirit people have always been drawn to. They've earned fans worldwide with their inventive approach to hip-hop music, inspiring people with loose rhymes, and a positive spirit and funkafied vibe. On Elephunk, the group's third album, that spirit seems to...

Yeah Right!!!! Agree? every1 should rate them 0! Zero! every1 hoo likes them iz rong!
  • These guys are truely great music artists!The best ever band!

This is my fave ever band and they are all so talented!My fave songs are 'My Humps' and 'Dont Phunk with my Heart'.They are really additive songs and i can't stop listening to them.The black eyed peas should be voted the best band EVER!!!!!!!!!They just create the most funcy music!!!!!!!!!
  • Talented in the music world.

Ever since they made their debut through their song "Where Is The Love?", the Black Eyed Peas have made a name for themselves in the music industry. Every song they made is almost a hit in the radio that broadcast their song.

In general, the Black Eyed Peas can soothe anyone out of their depression.
  • Black Eyed Peas

They are the best hip hop group around. I don't see why people hate it. Their songs are awesome and catchy. I don't see why my friend hates it they are cool my friend always covers his ears whenever the song for the Black Eyed Peas come on the radio.
  • I LOVE ThE bLaCk EyEd PeAs!!!!!!!!

What you gon’ do with all that junk?
    All that junk inside your trunk?
    I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
    Get you love drunk off my hump.
    My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
    My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps. (Check it out)

I drive these brothers crazy,
    I do it on the daily,
    They treat me really nicely,
    They buy me all these ice-ys.
    Dolce & Gabbana,
    Fendi and then Donna
    Karen, they be sharin’
    All their money got me wearin’
    Fly gearrr but I ain’t askin,
    They say they love my a** ‘n,
    Se7en Jeans, True Religion,
    I say no, but they keep givin’
    So I keep on takin’
    And no I ain’t fakin’
    We can keep on datin’
    I keep on demonstrating.

My love, my love, my love, my love
    You love my lady lumps,
    My hump, my hump, my hump,
    My humps they got u,
    She’s got me spending.
    (Oh) Spendin’ all your money on me and spending time on me.
    She’s got me spendin’.
    (Oh) Spendin’ all your money on me, on me, on me

I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
    Get you love drunk off my hump.
    What u gon’ do with all that a**?
    All that a** inside them jeans?
    I’m a make, make, make, make you scream
    Make u scream, make you scream.
    Cos of my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
    My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps. (Check it out)

I met a girl down at the disco.
    She said hey, hey, hey yea let’s go.
    I could be your baby, you can be my honey
    Lets spend time not money.
    I mix your milk wit my cocoa puff,
    Milky, milky cocoa,
    Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight.

They say I’m really s*xy,
    The boys they wanna s*x me.
    They always standing next to me,
    Always dancing next to me,
    Tryin’ a feel my hump, hump.
    Lookin’ at my lump, lump.
    U can look but you can’t touch it,
    If u touch it I’ma start some drama,
    You don’t want no drama,
    No, no drama, no, no, no, no drama
    So don’t pull on my hand boy,
    You ain’t my man, boy,
    I’m just tryn’a dance boy,
    And move my hump.

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
    My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
    My lovely lady lumps x3
    In the back and in the front.
    My lovin’ got u,
    She’s got me spendin’.
    (Oh) Spendin’ all your money on me and spending time on me.
    She’s got me spendin’.
    (Oh) Spendin’ all your money on me, on me, on me.

I’ma get, get, get, get you drunk,
    Get you love drunk off my hump.
    What you gon’ do with all that a**?
    All that a** inside them jeans?
    I’ma make, make, make, make you scream
    Make you scream, make you scream.
    What you gon do with all that junk?
    I’ma get, get, get, get you drunk,
    Get you love drunk off this hump.
    What you gon’ do wit all that bre*st?
    All that bre*st inside that shirt?
    I’ma make, make, make, make you work
    Make you work, work, make you work.
    She’s got me spendin’.
    Spendin all your money on me and spendin’ time on me
    She’s got me spendin’.
    Spendin’ all your money on me, on me, on me.

I love this SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ahhh I love them so much!!!

Again, I love them so so much. They music rocks, I can go on and on listening to them. I especially love "Hey Mama", "Let's Get it Started", "Don't Lie", and "Dont Phunk With My Heart" There the best band, and there at the top of my list.

__________________________________________________

Though Fergie looks like a woman in her 40's
  • Where is the love had some good words but it was stupid but the black eyed peas new cd is really auhsome !

I Love the songs : My Humps:)( love that song ) , Dont lie , Dum Diddly , Dont Phunk With My Heart (My bf loves that song ! ) , they are just a really cool band who does whatever they want and dont care what people think about them and it is so so cool ! I just love Feriges look ( style )
  • The Black Eyed Peas are so LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.0
    The Black Eyed Peas are so LAME!!!!!!!!! They are so overrated. "Don't Funk With My Heart" is such a lame and no meaning song. I never liked the Black Eyed Peas. There is not much to say except the fact that they have not much talent and have no meaning songs. The Black Eyed Peas try to be cool, but in my eyes and lots of other people eyes they are the total opposite of cool. They are so nowhere near as good as Jesse McCartney or Usher or even T.I. To me they fall in the category of lame along with people like Gwen Stefani and Ciara.
  • Fergie is pretty !

Fergie is so pretty. Apl.de.ap has a weird name and so does will.i.am. LOL. Taboo isn\'t that weird. Black Eyed Peas is one of my favorite music groups i need to buy their new CD Monkey Business when it comes out if it isn\'t out already lol. Fergie has an amazing voice.
  • loved them

the black eyes pea r sooo good they r great i love there songs and there dancing, they can dance!!! i love there sense of style and the style of music. its very unique...... i love there music like hey mama wheres the love dont lie and many more they r great!