Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise Fan Reviews (54)

• I love TC

TC is simply amazing. Someone whose movies I can watch and simply have a grrreat time. The Last Samurai and Rainman were his best for me. And just when I thought he could only do action, he came up with Mackey in Magnolia - the only reason I loved the movie was TC!!! And of course, he could pull off in Tropic Thunder too. And now Rock of Ages!!! You rock TC. Is there something you can't do? You can fly a plane, shoot a pistol, dance around in your underwear, run down the Burj, hang from a cliff and now - YOU CAN SING too. Love you for the song I wanna know what Love is... How I wish you weren't taken already, I mean by Katie!
  • The most successful actor of all time. He has Charisma bucket loads. He is always talked about in the media and is a family man. He is mostly known for doing action movies but dabbles in all genres. Producer, Actor, Studio boss and wants to be a diractor.

Thomas Mapother Cruise was born in 03 July 1962. He started his first movie in Endless Love but found fame and success from Risky Business. From there on he has never looked back. Raking in millions of dollars at the box office. He is one of the most successful actors of all time. His career spanning over 27 years. Tom Cruise was Married to Mimi Rogers back in 1986 that was the same year he converted to his loony beliefs in aliens sorry (Scientology)his best man at the wedding was Emilio Estevez son of the actor Martin Sheen. The marriage ended but they remained good friends. Tom then met Nicole Kidman in 1990 and made a flop movie Days of Thunder which he co-wrote. It tanked but their relationship blossomed. They adopted 2 children Isobela and Conner due to Nicole misscarrying their baby. The marriage collapsed after 10 years after Tom supposedly had an affair with Penelope Cruz. Tom has been dogged by rumours of his sexuality and has fought hard. Tom is usually a private man until he met Katie Holmes. Tom and Katie Holmes became parents to their biological daughter Suri Cruise after a whirlwind romance in 18 april 2006. Tom was dropped by Viacom's Chairman "Sumner Redstone" from producing movies from Paramount. Tom didn't stand back he got back to business with his partner Paula Wagner and now co-own their own Studio United Artist and got shares for free. Tom and Katie Holmes then got married with friends and family present in Italy 18 November 2006. Friends that were present Jim Carrey, Russell Crowe, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Richard Gere, Brooke Shields, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Victoria and Kirstie Alley. Tom is now currently working on reviving united Artist and making films that really matter. Trying to focus on all genres. Tom's best buddies have stuck by him. You can never get a good man down for long no matter what his beliefs are. Everyone has a right to live the way they want. Tom Cruise is hoping to one day become a director. There is still life in this actor. Hopefully he will be looked at for the work that de does and not for his personal life.
  • People just listen to what everyone says, and dont have their own opinion.

Its absolutly hilarious how people talk crap about Tom C. Oh he\'s so arrogant and weird,and all this other untrue B.S. But guess what!!? Who put him in this stupid position?, huh? The media, that will do anything for a little attention and a pretty penny. And people that dont have their own opinion, and just follow the trend. The problem I think is Tom\'s just a positive dude in general, and a lot of society is sour to begin with, so they just think he\'s an alien because he\'s happy. The truth is some of us just forgot whats like to be happy for more than just one day, or when we recieve a gift! Tom Cruise has been making great movies and he will continue to do so, you\'ll see cause he\'s an artist inside. Bottom line is we got so wound-up in this fake crap about him that we forgot how talented this guy really is. And if he\'s a little weird so what. Who isin\'t. Another thing I have to add is the ridiculous talk about his kid, Suri. How she was adopted, and where is the child. Maybe they just wanted a little thing called privacy. They had a kid for crying out loud! Seriously leave the man, and his family alone alone. Do you go to the theatre to see him, and wonder about his personal life, or to see him on the big screen to be entertained?
  • Hey Tom Cruise! My name is Chandler and my friend\'s dad flys you in a helicopter sometimes. She told her dad to tell you that she said hi and you said \"that\'s cool!\" I wanted to say hi too!

hello! you are really kool! I think you and katie holmes make a good couple! I think you are inspiring too! and i want to meet you too! you deserve a good life! I think you should go on a kids show cuz then i could watch you! You are good looking toO! lol! dont you think! you should come to seattle, washington because that is where i live and you could meet some of your fans(me). i\'ve seen a few of your movies and i like them! I saw you on the oprah show too! My mom thinks you kool too! well bye for now!

-Chandler
  • its all about tom cruise

you know what? people say that hes a jerk, or just a horrible actor, but you know what? besides the fact that he ALWAYS has a running scene in EVERY movie hes in, hes hott, nice, and not a jerk!! so to those of you who are haters, get over yourself, cause hes a great actor im living prof that there still are supporters out there!
  • Toms a very great guy and he needs a break, things are hard for him evreyday yet he still looks just as hott as the day before!!

Evreybody needs to just give tom a break, how would you feel if people made fun of you for being with the one you love? Cut the guy some slack!! He\'s a great guy and he dosen\'t deserve this!!! I mean they try so hard to act for us. Its hard I my self am trying to break into the acting job and its not easy,
  • I personally think that Tom Cruise is the most talented actor of his time, don't dislike him because he has some weird views, dislike him if he's a bad actor.

I think Tom Cruise has been completley amazing in every movie I've seen him in. His performance always blows me away and he definitely has talent. I think people should like him if he's a good actor, I don't like his views on certain things very much either, but that is a completely different thing.
  • Easily one of the best actors of all time... of that there is no doubt.

Although a lot of people seem to hate Tom Cruise, and when I say hate I mean hate with a passion, I on the other hand think he is an amazing actor. Most people who dislike him, do so because of his personal life, which I care nothing about. The only thing that bothers me is how well he plays his role in movies, not who he's married to. With that in mind I think it's very hard not to like Tom Cruise, or at least the characters that he plays.
    To date I have enjoyed every movie with Tom Cruise in, and I have seen quite a lot, but The Last Samurai is clearly his best. His acting throughout in that movie was outstanding, and anyone who has seen it will understand why it is one of my favourite all time movies. Although I believe that to be his best work, I think that his performances throughout his career have been second to none, ranging from Top Gun to Collateral.
    While I'm sure many of you will disagree with this review, I think that the man deserves much more credit that people give him, and personally I rate him as a top class actor.
  • I think that Tom Cruise is really cute and sweet. I think that he is really talented and deserves to be happy.

I think that Tom Cruise is really cute and sweet. I think that he is really talented and deserves to be happy. And I am happy for him and Katie. Anybody that is with him is really lucky. Because he is a great guy. He is nice to his fans and everything. And if he did not make his relationship public, everybody like the paparazzi will be even more nosy in his private life. So now that he is making it public and telling the whole world. People act as if it wrong. And I am definitely going to see his new movie.
  • Tom Cruise is one of the most inspiring actors of our time. Though not all of his movies have been box-office smashes, he has never let that stop him. His down-to-earth personality, coupled with his talent as a preformer, has made him the movie star he i

As many preformers succumb to addictions, Tom Cruise has remains level-headed, while maintaining his abilities as an actor.

Since making it on his talent and his drive, Tom's movies have reflected that he himself chooses which parts to play, and isn't swayed by pressure to do movies that he doesn't like.

While some knock him for speaking out about medicating children, I say, more power to him. If he has courage to speak out about something he believes in, good for him.

His engagment to Katie Holmes has also recived ridicule. But, if he thinks he's found love, why critisize him?
  • He's so talented and gorgeous!

Tom Cruise was married with Nicole Kidman and they split up, this was a mistake but OK I'm not here to judge him.
    Let's start talking about his work, he's a great actor all of his movies are great and he works extremilly hard. The last movie that he did was War of the World and I don't think that was a great movie, in the beginning was cool but the end was too boring. Other great movie that he did was Mission Impossible that oh yes was an amazing movie, the one and the two were very good I loved both and now is going to have a third and I can't wait the time to see it, I saw the trailler and I think that will be great too.
    Talking now about his personal life again, is that his with Katie Homes and she's pregnant and he's so much happy with the baby and with he too.
    So, Tom Cruise has talent, and I love see his talent on a movie!
  • I think that tom cruise is really cool.

he seems like a typically normal guy, except for all the cameras! i think that it is really sweet to propose to katie Holmes on the effiel tower in paris. it sounded very romantic. many people think he is too old for katie holmes, but i think it is cool that he is finding people he loves in the younger generation.
  • To bad he is in magazines more then movies.

Not the best actor. Good in action films.
  • empty

Excelent actor, many great movies. The fact that he is one crazy scientologist **** doesn´t take away the fact that almost all of his movies are very good.
  • Tom Cruise a good actor, but he is a bit too eccentric.

7.8
    Tom Cruise has played many important roles in his career and he is one of the most popular actors in Holywood. He is a very talented actor but offscreen he comes off as a bit weird. I don't mind that he's a Scientologist at all, it's just that he does many unusual things such as the jumping on the couch deal. He does many unusual and eccentric things. One look at any Tom Cruise trivia page and you'll see why he is just so odd. He also appears to like publicity although he keeps alot of his family life private, which is a good thing.
  • Yeah. He's a legend. Don't let a little scientology get in the way

7.7
    Great actor. I can almost forgive him for being an annoying, Xenu-loving scientologist. Scientology is probably the most useless fad in Hollywood.
    From couch-jumping on Oprah to ranting on about how he reads about phycology, he seems like quite a sped. But then I pop Top Gun into my trusty VCR and I sort of forget that he thinks he's God Of The Aliens.
    Despite him being a bit on the insane side (and punishing Katie for being "assertive". Oh, and possibly raising Suri to be an alien), he's a good actor with an impressive resume, and I doubt a little Xenu-lovin will take him out of the public eye xD
  • Actor "Cruises" the next generation into the entertainment mainstream

7.6
    Tom Cruise is a pinnacle of an actor. His monumental achievements in film should've warranted him an Oscar or two. Films like "A Few Good Men", "The Outsiders", "Mission Impossible", and countless others truly define a legendary actor. He's one of my favorite actors, definitely. Cruise will undoubtedly, "Cruise" the next generation of filmgoers into a better heaping of entertainment.

As you may have noticed, I've been giving top-notch actors and actresses perfect 10s. It is because they've overcome many obstacles and worked so hard to get there. They were strugglers. However, I cannot give him a perfect 10 this time around for one simple reason:

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a photographic memory of just about everything in the world from movies to TV to different kinds of media coverage. When my memory thinks of Tom Cruise, it is his condemnation of Brooke Shields that comes to mind. Brooke Shields is a terrific person to watch on TV. Her little bit on "Friends" and her quirky character on "Suddenly Susan" made me laugh. When she reached her low point, she went into therapy, both medicinal and psychological. I'm definitely not one to endorse drugs. The point in fact, is that she overcame her depression with outside help. To have Tom Cruise say the worst about Ms. Shields is a major abhorrence in his otherwise, former spotless career. I'm sorry, Tom. You are a very brilliant actor. You just need to be a much better person.
  • Don't knock Tom Cruise because of his newfound happiness, and don't make fun of him because he's all over the tabloids - he will be one of the greatest actors of our time.

Tom Cruise is amazing. He's endured endless ridicule for his romance with Dawson's Creek star Katie Holmes, and for his Brooke Sheilds tauntings, and for his Oprah guest spot. I was actually reading Entertainment Weekly's cover story this week. It was a Q&A with Cruise, and it had such a mocking tone - I hated it, and I hated that everyone was making fun of Cruise for finding love.

They were overseeing that he's a brilliant actor. In his dramatic role in Collateral, or his up-and-coming War of the Worlds, Tom Cruise owns the screen, and all of those millions that he's made are all well-deserved. He's a huge box office draw, because he's relatable and fun - I want to be Tom Cruise.

So, my point? Tom Cruise is a cool dude. I'll be checking out his new movie (not for him, for the plot, haha) and I'll be urging others to as well. The trailer's friggen awesome.
  • Read

7.1
    Tom Crusis Last movie War of The Worlds was a big dissapointment to me because it did not follow the book or the original movie. This agered my becase i was a fan of both and Tom Cruis is a great actor but he let me down this time sorry.

á verry good actor.

Top Gun
    Mission Impossible
    War Of The Worlds
    and many more.
  • empty

Tom Cruise is the dude when making films. You may not notice this but Tom Cruise likes taking the limit and betting it with his movies. Tom Cruise only likes maknig movies that he knows that the critics will love and of course that it will hit on the top box office. He hasn't made a movie that was overrated, all of his were excellent and still remains excellent. For as long Tom Cruise lives we will enjoy his movies forever and ever.
  • empty

Putting all the religion stuff aside, when you get right down to it, Tom Cruise has to be one of the best action stars of our modern time. I mean, take a look at his list of credits--"Mission:Impossible," "Top Gun," "Minority Report," and "War of the Worlds." In every one of these roles, he did a great job with the stunts.
  • He is a good actor, but has a terrible attitude.

I hadnt really heard much about Tom Cruise until his couch jumping experience last May. My first impression was this was an egotistical maniac who cared very little about the girl he was jumping on the couch over and just wanted to gain the publicity.

My impression of his attitude has yet to change, but in all the movies I have seen Tom Cruise in, he actually is a pretty good actor. He seems to be able to transmit emotions well and definetly does a large range of material. However, this does not justify his personality issues - I'd give him an 8 for acting, but his attitude deserves a 4 or lower.
  • I think Tom Cruise deserves his own personal show don't you?? Imagine all the crazy, messed up and utterly stupid things he would say! Now that is what I call entertainment!

Mr. Cruise has come under a lot of fire during the past few years and I wonder how an otherwise popular celebrity in Hollywood like him could reach such an all time low. He’s been strange for years (in my opinion) but I think his performances during the early 1990s blind sighted most people until now. (Read up on his – couch hopping behavior!)

Everybody at some point had a Tom Cruise poster…mostly during the previous decade – (Hmm Wonder what happened to mine???) It’s been that long and people have gravitated to other more interesting and not so maniacal celebrities. For what its worth, he’s happy…anyone jumping on furniture should be – hmm maybe that’s why he doesn’t believe in depression. That might just be the ticket – next time I feel sad I’ll do that!

I think he deserves his own show – call it “Cruise Crazy!” and the tag line should be – “Politically incorrect but so flipping Happy!”
  • A right nutter ...

6.4
    I used to kind of like Tom Cruise. His acting was okay, not the best, but some of his films are rather entertaining. But with his current behaviour, I've grown to immensely dislike him. He's turned in to a total twit, and what little respect I did have for him is long gone.
  • Completely crazy and overused

6.1
    Tom Cruise is an all right actor. He was great in Top Gun and Cocktail and I even liked him in Risky Business. He was also great in Jerry McGuire but between that and the others I mentioned, I haven't liked him in anything else.

Tom Cruise is crazy, in my opinion. I'm convinced he's bipolar, mostly after his couch jumping on Oprah. He advocates not using drugs to solve your problems, which is okay, everyone can have their stance on things, but eating right won't cure cancer or M.S. If anyone needs drugs its him, and he's one person that won't take them.

I do like his work ethic and how he says he'd do any movie without a written contract and how he'd even do it for free. That's something you rarely actors and actresses who just want more and more for the films they do just because they're on the "A-List" But that's not enough for me to really like him. It's been awhile since he's been in anything I've truly enjoyed. Maybe once that happens, I'll like him again but until then, he's just another bi-polar, mediocre actor.
  • empty

Tom Cruise did great in the past in movies such as, Mission Impossible, The Last Samurai, and VALKYRIE. But he has gotten off the edge and he is not that good now!
  • Next please...

Tom Cruise is an alright actor but nothing special. I am sure that he thinks and alot of others think that he is one of those tough guys who always saves the day and gets the girl right at the end. He is...but hollywood style. He is pretty overated and alot of his movies he fits the description which I just wrote but I think that he is such a try hard.
  • empty

Tom Cruise. He does great jobs in movies, but I never like the role he plays in movies. He just doesn't sell himself in the movie. Tom Cruise also an annoying person out in the real world that causes problems, but that doesn't affect his acting skills. He has potential, but I don't buy into his roles. He needs to be more convincing or play better roles.
  • empty

Pretty average when he wishes to. I don't think that he is that good of an actor, and thouggh he has appeared in some movies and he is good at doing them, it sometimes seems like he is more of a ladies man rather than a good actor, though I must admit that some of his movies are cool.
< 1 2