Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise Fan Reviews (54)

• Don't knock Tom Cruise because of his newfound happiness, and don't make fun of him because he's all over the tabloids - he will be one of the greatest actors of our time.

Tom Cruise is amazing. He's endured endless ridicule for his romance with Dawson's Creek star Katie Holmes, and for his Brooke Sheilds tauntings, and for his Oprah guest spot. I was actually reading Entertainment Weekly's cover story this week. It was a Q&A with Cruise, and it had such a mocking tone - I hated it, and I hated that everyone was making fun of Cruise for finding love.

They were overseeing that he's a brilliant actor. In his dramatic role in Collateral, or his up-and-coming War of the Worlds, Tom Cruise owns the screen, and all of those millions that he's made are all well-deserved. He's a huge box office draw, because he's relatable and fun - I want to be Tom Cruise.

So, my point? Tom Cruise is a cool dude. I'll be checking out his new movie (not for him, for the plot, haha) and I'll be urging others to as well. The trailer's friggen awesome.
  • Tom Cruise is one of the most inspiring actors of our time. Though not all of his movies have been box-office smashes, he has never let that stop him. His down-to-earth personality, coupled with his talent as a preformer, has made him the movie star he i

As many preformers succumb to addictions, Tom Cruise has remains level-headed, while maintaining his abilities as an actor.

Since making it on his talent and his drive, Tom's movies have reflected that he himself chooses which parts to play, and isn't swayed by pressure to do movies that he doesn't like.

While some knock him for speaking out about medicating children, I say, more power to him. If he has courage to speak out about something he believes in, good for him.

His engagment to Katie Holmes has also recived ridicule. But, if he thinks he's found love, why critisize him?
  • A fine actor, but an arrogant and often idiotic person

I was shocked to see Tom Cruise on the "Today Show" condemning the entire field of psychiatry. He seemed to think the use of prescription drugs to treat mental illness was ridiculous because "there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance." Mr. Cruise, you have no idea what you are talking about. I am one of the many people in this country who suffer from a mental illness (in my case, bipolar disorder) and I can tell you that my treatment has saved my life. Like many, I struggled to accept the fact that I need medication and that my disease is not somehow a personal weakness. Mr. Cruise saying something like this is a slap in the face to everyone who lives with the stigma of mental illness. Like many celeberities, he has developed an opinion on a subject without bothering to get all the facts first. I hope his soon-to-be wife never experiences depression, because she may find her husband less than sympathetic, to say the least. Yes, I know I am judging him harshly on the basis of one interview, but what he is said is outrageous.
  • I think that Tom Cruise is really cute and sweet. I think that he is really talented and deserves to be happy.

I think that Tom Cruise is really cute and sweet. I think that he is really talented and deserves to be happy. And I am happy for him and Katie. Anybody that is with him is really lucky. Because he is a great guy. He is nice to his fans and everything. And if he did not make his relationship public, everybody like the paparazzi will be even more nosy in his private life. So now that he is making it public and telling the whole world. People act as if it wrong. And I am definitely going to see his new movie.
  • Is it just me or is everyone else tired of hearing about Mr. Cruise?

5.6
    Alright I have to rage here. I am so tired of seeing Tom Cruise every time I turn the TV on. So he's gettin hitched to Katie Homles WOW.Who cares!!! People just have no lives obvioulsy. I mean the man hasn't had a good movie since Top Gun. Maybe Collateral but thats streching it a bit. I love his older movies, Top Gun, Cocktail, Risky Buisness. But people lets move on with our lives and get over your fasination with a guy who can't act any more!!
  • I think that tom cruise is really cool.

he seems like a typically normal guy, except for all the cameras! i think that it is really sweet to propose to katie Holmes on the effiel tower in paris. it sounded very romantic. many people think he is too old for katie holmes, but i think it is cool that he is finding people he loves in the younger generation.
  • I personally think that Tom Cruise is the most talented actor of his time, don't dislike him because he has some weird views, dislike him if he's a bad actor.

I think Tom Cruise has been completley amazing in every movie I've seen him in. His performance always blows me away and he definitely has talent. I think people should like him if he's a good actor, I don't like his views on certain things very much either, but that is a completely different thing.
  • Have you ever seen the cartoon "Looney Toons". Tom lives it every day and he's coocoo for cocoa puffs.

0.1
    As the Rock would say, "Do you smell it." The smell of his acting. He is way overpaid, over-rated, and to top it off, he needs to be locked up so Katie can get away from him. The wedding seems to be forced by the nuts at the Scientology Center. They met one day and the next they are engaged. I hope they shut that CULT down. If the republicans in office want to do something right for a change, they will. And Tom, in the words of the Murderdolls, "do the whole world a favor, and get your throat to the nearest razor." The only thing worse that his lifestyle is his horrible acting.
  • Toms a very great guy and he needs a break, things are hard for him evreyday yet he still looks just as hott as the day before!!

Evreybody needs to just give tom a break, how would you feel if people made fun of you for being with the one you love? Cut the guy some slack!! He\'s a great guy and he dosen\'t deserve this!!! I mean they try so hard to act for us. Its hard I my self am trying to break into the acting job and its not easy,
  • Actor "Cruises" the next generation into the entertainment mainstream

7.6
    Tom Cruise is a pinnacle of an actor. His monumental achievements in film should've warranted him an Oscar or two. Films like "A Few Good Men", "The Outsiders", "Mission Impossible", and countless others truly define a legendary actor. He's one of my favorite actors, definitely. Cruise will undoubtedly, "Cruise" the next generation of filmgoers into a better heaping of entertainment.

As you may have noticed, I've been giving top-notch actors and actresses perfect 10s. It is because they've overcome many obstacles and worked so hard to get there. They were strugglers. However, I cannot give him a perfect 10 this time around for one simple reason:

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a photographic memory of just about everything in the world from movies to TV to different kinds of media coverage. When my memory thinks of Tom Cruise, it is his condemnation of Brooke Shields that comes to mind. Brooke Shields is a terrific person to watch on TV. Her little bit on "Friends" and her quirky character on "Suddenly Susan" made me laugh. When she reached her low point, she went into therapy, both medicinal and psychological. I'm definitely not one to endorse drugs. The point in fact, is that she overcame her depression with outside help. To have Tom Cruise say the worst about Ms. Shields is a major abhorrence in his otherwise, former spotless career. I'm sorry, Tom. You are a very brilliant actor. You just need to be a much better person.
  • Will someone please shut him up?

0.1
    Since when does he have any intellectual standing and yet we have to listen to him prattle on about medical matters he knows nothing about? His talent was never that impressive. His acting has the depth of a mud puddle. His pretty-boy looks are fading. And now he thinks because he can read words on a page, he's qualified to give medical opinions? Tom, you should keep your mouth shut on things you know nothing about. You're nothing about a programmed hack being used by a questionnable church. We've had enough. Have some class. Do your job and leave medical advice to those who are qualified.
  • Completely crazy and overused

6.1
    Tom Cruise is an all right actor. He was great in Top Gun and Cocktail and I even liked him in Risky Business. He was also great in Jerry McGuire but between that and the others I mentioned, I haven't liked him in anything else.

Tom Cruise is crazy, in my opinion. I'm convinced he's bipolar, mostly after his couch jumping on Oprah. He advocates not using drugs to solve your problems, which is okay, everyone can have their stance on things, but eating right won't cure cancer or M.S. If anyone needs drugs its him, and he's one person that won't take them.

I do like his work ethic and how he says he'd do any movie without a written contract and how he'd even do it for free. That's something you rarely actors and actresses who just want more and more for the films they do just because they're on the "A-List" But that's not enough for me to really like him. It's been awhile since he's been in anything I've truly enjoyed. Maybe once that happens, I'll like him again but until then, he's just another bi-polar, mediocre actor.
  • Read

7.1
    Tom Crusis Last movie War of The Worlds was a big dissapointment to me because it did not follow the book or the original movie. This agered my becase i was a fan of both and Tom Cruis is a great actor but he let me down this time sorry.
  • its all about tom cruise

you know what? people say that hes a jerk, or just a horrible actor, but you know what? besides the fact that he ALWAYS has a running scene in EVERY movie hes in, hes hott, nice, and not a jerk!! so to those of you who are haters, get over yourself, cause hes a great actor im living prof that there still are supporters out there!
  • Heh heh. Get the joke? So what if he plays one note, he plays it well.

Very promising but never really fills the shoes he\'s stomping around in. I can\'t pretend to know what he is like so I don\'t get the people who say \"good guy\" but I know one thing he sure can play those angry tantrum scenes. So what if he plays one note, he plays it well.
  • He's so talented and gorgeous!

Tom Cruise was married with Nicole Kidman and they split up, this was a mistake but OK I'm not here to judge him.
    Let's start talking about his work, he's a great actor all of his movies are great and he works extremilly hard. The last movie that he did was War of the World and I don't think that was a great movie, in the beginning was cool but the end was too boring. Other great movie that he did was Mission Impossible that oh yes was an amazing movie, the one and the two were very good I loved both and now is going to have a third and I can't wait the time to see it, I saw the trailler and I think that will be great too.
    Talking now about his personal life again, is that his with Katie Homes and she's pregnant and he's so much happy with the baby and with he too.
    So, Tom Cruise has talent, and I love see his talent on a movie!
  • A right nutter ...

6.4
    I used to kind of like Tom Cruise. His acting was okay, not the best, but some of his films are rather entertaining. But with his current behaviour, I've grown to immensely dislike him. He's turned in to a total twit, and what little respect I did have for him is long gone.
  • How I used to love thee...

5.5
    I hate to admit it, but there was a point in my life that I was a Tom Cruise fanatic. Picture, magazines, videos, you name it, I had it. However, that has changed for me. I don't know if it's because I grew older or it's because of his actions, but I'm no longer a Tom Cruise fan.

I guess the moment I knew it was officially over was when Tom had his "Today" show meltdown with Matt Lauer. When he said to Matt that he knew about psychology and that no woman ever had such a thing as postpartum depression, I offically hoped that Matt Lauer would actually slap his face on national TV. Between that and the infamous "couch jump seen round the world" on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", I am convinced that Tom's Scientology beliefs have actually caused him to lose his mind. I get that he is in "love" with Katie Holmes, but come on man 13 year old boys don't act that way about girls they are in love with so why should a 40 something year old man. Maybe he is having his midlife crisis and instead of a new car, he's getting a new girlfriend and family?

Now, I'm sure that Tom Cruise is a nice guy. He seems to be that way when he is on the red carpet and signing autographs for fans. And yes, he has saved people before, so it proves at some point he had the capacity to do things correctly, but the man has completely changed. He used to make films that seemed to have a plot. Nowadays, all he makes are movies that he knows will make money and he makes sure that he isn't missing out on the almighty dollar by having in his contract that he makes percentages of the movie's profits. He has officially fallen victim to the "Gotta Have It" all actor syndrome of being producer/actor and getting all the money he can.

I want to think that Tom can change and return to the way he was in the late 1980's and early 1990's, but sadly I don't think this will happen. Tom, you should realize that not all of America is that into you now and you are getting on a lot of our nerves.
  • tom cruise is overrated he marries katie holmes, a woman so much younger than he is and i don't understand how she can be happy

2.6
    tom cruise may be an okay actor but he's not that great with other things. What is it with being a pshychologist or whatever? When Katie took depression pills, Tom said that it wasn't right. That is something that could have killed her! I'm sure you want to take advice from an actor and not your doctor.
    Tom Cruise isn't even the best actor. Sometimes i find him to be a bit fake in his movies. Is he even that good-looking? Maybe some people think so and that's why he stays so popular but don't ask me. He just like all other actors out there. He doesn't understand what it's like to be in reality. He only knows Hollywood and it's glories and i don't mean that in a good way.
  • Can he get any worse?

This guy can't act, doesn't look good and refuses to find a woman his age. He's horrible. I've never seen ANY of his movies and that's because I've never wanted to. I don't really understand why people like this guy. Most people think it's based on how he looks on the outside but it's not just about charming looks. It's also about how good his acting is or ow he protrays a character. I would've given this guy a zero rating but I decided to be nice.
  • Easily one of the best actors of all time... of that there is no doubt.

Although a lot of people seem to hate Tom Cruise, and when I say hate I mean hate with a passion, I on the other hand think he is an amazing actor. Most people who dislike him, do so because of his personal life, which I care nothing about. The only thing that bothers me is how well he plays his role in movies, not who he's married to. With that in mind I think it's very hard not to like Tom Cruise, or at least the characters that he plays.
    To date I have enjoyed every movie with Tom Cruise in, and I have seen quite a lot, but The Last Samurai is clearly his best. His acting throughout in that movie was outstanding, and anyone who has seen it will understand why it is one of my favourite all time movies. Although I believe that to be his best work, I think that his performances throughout his career have been second to none, ranging from Top Gun to Collateral.
    While I'm sure many of you will disagree with this review, I think that the man deserves much more credit that people give him, and personally I rate him as a top class actor.
  • Ughhhhhhhhhhh

2.5
    I seriously hate Tom Cruise. WTF is he doing in a Samarai movie. The Japanese would turn him into sushi, taste it and be like, this is disgusting. They\'d then send it to China who would slap a sticker on it that says \"We Swear. We didn\'t make this\". The Chinese would put it in a box and send it on a boat to America. The boat sinks. The fish are like \"Well it looks like sushi and smells like sushi, but it\'s not sushi.\" Another fish would say \"Then we can eat it right?\" The other fish would respond, \"I wouldn\'t take the chance\". A worker on the ship would be swimming around and find the sushi box. He knows his only chance to live is to float on the box, and maybe eat some sushi. He says \"Forget this\" and he drowns. The box eventually lands in Mexico. Two mexicans stare at the box and say \"Oh... I so hungry.... Eh Mi amigo yo quiero unas comida! They both decide that it would be better to drink some Mexican water. They dress it up as an alien and put it near the border where guards shoot it and decide finally, that it\'s not worth the ammo. The box ends up in Texas where a group of cowboys rope it and open it. Chuck Norris comes by and looks at the box. He yells to them to not eat the sushi. He roundhouse kicks the box as pieces of sushi fly all over. They decide to evacuate Texas and put the remaining pieces in New Orleans while Katrina edges closer. Katrina takes one look at the box and turns around.
  • He is a good actor, but has a terrible attitude.

I hadnt really heard much about Tom Cruise until his couch jumping experience last May. My first impression was this was an egotistical maniac who cared very little about the girl he was jumping on the couch over and just wanted to gain the publicity.

My impression of his attitude has yet to change, but in all the movies I have seen Tom Cruise in, he actually is a pretty good actor. He seems to be able to transmit emotions well and definetly does a large range of material. However, this does not justify his personality issues - I'd give him an 8 for acting, but his attitude deserves a 4 or lower.
  • I think Tom Cruise deserves his own personal show don't you?? Imagine all the crazy, messed up and utterly stupid things he would say! Now that is what I call entertainment!

Mr. Cruise has come under a lot of fire during the past few years and I wonder how an otherwise popular celebrity in Hollywood like him could reach such an all time low. He’s been strange for years (in my opinion) but I think his performances during the early 1990s blind sighted most people until now. (Read up on his – couch hopping behavior!)

Everybody at some point had a Tom Cruise poster…mostly during the previous decade – (Hmm Wonder what happened to mine???) It’s been that long and people have gravitated to other more interesting and not so maniacal celebrities. For what its worth, he’s happy…anyone jumping on furniture should be – hmm maybe that’s why he doesn’t believe in depression. That might just be the ticket – next time I feel sad I’ll do that!

I think he deserves his own show – call it “Cruise Crazy!” and the tag line should be – “Politically incorrect but so flipping Happy!”
  • Untalented, not to mention crazy

Tom Cruise is a very overrated actor and I honestly can't understand why people can find the star entertaining, his only two expressions both being dull, and his acting talent clearly not judged by experts.

I dont watch any of his movies becuse the actorr just bugs the hell out of me but until recently I wasn't going to write a negative review about him. While Cruise in Scientology isn't that big a deal (though it is a cult - fit for a crazy couch-jumping freak like Cruise), the fact that he banned the South Park episode "Trapped in the Closet" is just taking it too far (he clearly doesn't have a sense of humour).

Overall, Tom Cruise is way too overrated and why people think he has acting skills is beyond me.
  • I find it humorous after a year of showing who he really is, he is doing a quick turn-around after loosing his studio contract... I think we'll still see the arrogant Cruise, I doubt he will resist letting the world know why he's right and they're wrong.

0.0
    I find it humorous that after a year of showing the world who he, Tom Cruise, really is--from the jumping, to the bashing of Brooke Shields and Matt Lauer, and to demanding that his pregnant girlfriend remain silent during birth he appears to be doing a quick turn-around after loosing his studio contract.

I suspect that his deal with a new studio was contingent upon his making certain amends, the primary one of which, of course, to be Brooke Shields. Within a relatively short period after making the deal, we hear from Brooke that he has already done that, and done so profoundly and personally.

I think we'll still see the arrogant Cruise from time to time, I doubt he will be able to resist letting the rest of the world know why he's right and everyone else is wrong.

I wanted to see MI3, but refused soley based on his presence in it. No matter what he does now, it no longer matters to me, I am not interested.
  • Hey Tom Cruise! My name is Chandler and my friend\'s dad flys you in a helicopter sometimes. She told her dad to tell you that she said hi and you said \"that\'s cool!\" I wanted to say hi too!

hello! you are really kool! I think you and katie holmes make a good couple! I think you are inspiring too! and i want to meet you too! you deserve a good life! I think you should go on a kids show cuz then i could watch you! You are good looking toO! lol! dont you think! you should come to seattle, washington because that is where i live and you could meet some of your fans(me). i\'ve seen a few of your movies and i like them! I saw you on the oprah show too! My mom thinks you kool too! well bye for now!

-Chandler
  • People just listen to what everyone says, and dont have their own opinion.

Its absolutly hilarious how people talk crap about Tom C. Oh he\'s so arrogant and weird,and all this other untrue B.S. But guess what!!? Who put him in this stupid position?, huh? The media, that will do anything for a little attention and a pretty penny. And people that dont have their own opinion, and just follow the trend. The problem I think is Tom\'s just a positive dude in general, and a lot of society is sour to begin with, so they just think he\'s an alien because he\'s happy. The truth is some of us just forgot whats like to be happy for more than just one day, or when we recieve a gift! Tom Cruise has been making great movies and he will continue to do so, you\'ll see cause he\'s an artist inside. Bottom line is we got so wound-up in this fake crap about him that we forgot how talented this guy really is. And if he\'s a little weird so what. Who isin\'t. Another thing I have to add is the ridiculous talk about his kid, Suri. How she was adopted, and where is the child. Maybe they just wanted a little thing called privacy. They had a kid for crying out loud! Seriously leave the man, and his family alone alone. Do you go to the theatre to see him, and wonder about his personal life, or to see him on the big screen to be entertained?
  • empty

Pretty average when he wishes to. I don't think that he is that good of an actor, and thouggh he has appeared in some movies and he is good at doing them, it sometimes seems like he is more of a ladies man rather than a good actor, though I must admit that some of his movies are cool.
  • empty

Putting all the religion stuff aside, when you get right down to it, Tom Cruise has to be one of the best action stars of our modern time. I mean, take a look at his list of credits--"Mission:Impossible," "Top Gun," "Minority Report," and "War of the Worlds." In every one of these roles, he did a great job with the stunts.
< 1 2