Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise Fan Reviews (54)

• Easily one of the best actors of all time... of that there is no doubt.

Although a lot of people seem to hate Tom Cruise, and when I say hate I mean hate with a passion, I on the other hand think he is an amazing actor. Most people who dislike him, do so because of his personal life, which I care nothing about. The only thing that bothers me is how well he plays his role in movies, not who he's married to. With that in mind I think it's very hard not to like Tom Cruise, or at least the characters that he plays.
    To date I have enjoyed every movie with Tom Cruise in, and I have seen quite a lot, but The Last Samurai is clearly his best. His acting throughout in that movie was outstanding, and anyone who has seen it will understand why it is one of my favourite all time movies. Although I believe that to be his best work, I think that his performances throughout his career have been second to none, ranging from Top Gun to Collateral.
    While I'm sure many of you will disagree with this review, I think that the man deserves much more credit that people give him, and personally I rate him as a top class actor.
  • He is a good actor, but has a terrible attitude.

I hadnt really heard much about Tom Cruise until his couch jumping experience last May. My first impression was this was an egotistical maniac who cared very little about the girl he was jumping on the couch over and just wanted to gain the publicity.

My impression of his attitude has yet to change, but in all the movies I have seen Tom Cruise in, he actually is a pretty good actor. He seems to be able to transmit emotions well and definetly does a large range of material. However, this does not justify his personality issues - I'd give him an 8 for acting, but his attitude deserves a 4 or lower.
  • Tom Cruise is one of the most inspiring actors of our time. Though not all of his movies have been box-office smashes, he has never let that stop him. His down-to-earth personality, coupled with his talent as a preformer, has made him the movie star he i

As many preformers succumb to addictions, Tom Cruise has remains level-headed, while maintaining his abilities as an actor.

Since making it on his talent and his drive, Tom's movies have reflected that he himself chooses which parts to play, and isn't swayed by pressure to do movies that he doesn't like.

While some knock him for speaking out about medicating children, I say, more power to him. If he has courage to speak out about something he believes in, good for him.

His engagment to Katie Holmes has also recived ridicule. But, if he thinks he's found love, why critisize him?
  • A right nutter ...

6.4
    I used to kind of like Tom Cruise. His acting was okay, not the best, but some of his films are rather entertaining. But with his current behaviour, I've grown to immensely dislike him. He's turned in to a total twit, and what little respect I did have for him is long gone.
  • Read

7.1
    Tom Crusis Last movie War of The Worlds was a big dissapointment to me because it did not follow the book or the original movie. This agered my becase i was a fan of both and Tom Cruis is a great actor but he let me down this time sorry.
  • Actor "Cruises" the next generation into the entertainment mainstream

7.6
    Tom Cruise is a pinnacle of an actor. His monumental achievements in film should've warranted him an Oscar or two. Films like "A Few Good Men", "The Outsiders", "Mission Impossible", and countless others truly define a legendary actor. He's one of my favorite actors, definitely. Cruise will undoubtedly, "Cruise" the next generation of filmgoers into a better heaping of entertainment.

As you may have noticed, I've been giving top-notch actors and actresses perfect 10s. It is because they've overcome many obstacles and worked so hard to get there. They were strugglers. However, I cannot give him a perfect 10 this time around for one simple reason:

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a photographic memory of just about everything in the world from movies to TV to different kinds of media coverage. When my memory thinks of Tom Cruise, it is his condemnation of Brooke Shields that comes to mind. Brooke Shields is a terrific person to watch on TV. Her little bit on "Friends" and her quirky character on "Suddenly Susan" made me laugh. When she reached her low point, she went into therapy, both medicinal and psychological. I'm definitely not one to endorse drugs. The point in fact, is that she overcame her depression with outside help. To have Tom Cruise say the worst about Ms. Shields is a major abhorrence in his otherwise, former spotless career. I'm sorry, Tom. You are a very brilliant actor. You just need to be a much better person.
  • I think that tom cruise is really cool.

he seems like a typically normal guy, except for all the cameras! i think that it is really sweet to propose to katie Holmes on the effiel tower in paris. it sounded very romantic. many people think he is too old for katie holmes, but i think it is cool that he is finding people he loves in the younger generation.
  • I think that Tom Cruise is really cute and sweet. I think that he is really talented and deserves to be happy.

I think that Tom Cruise is really cute and sweet. I think that he is really talented and deserves to be happy. And I am happy for him and Katie. Anybody that is with him is really lucky. Because he is a great guy. He is nice to his fans and everything. And if he did not make his relationship public, everybody like the paparazzi will be even more nosy in his private life. So now that he is making it public and telling the whole world. People act as if it wrong. And I am definitely going to see his new movie.
  • The most successful actor of all time. He has Charisma bucket loads. He is always talked about in the media and is a family man. He is mostly known for doing action movies but dabbles in all genres. Producer, Actor, Studio boss and wants to be a diractor.

Thomas Mapother Cruise was born in 03 July 1962. He started his first movie in Endless Love but found fame and success from Risky Business. From there on he has never looked back. Raking in millions of dollars at the box office. He is one of the most successful actors of all time. His career spanning over 27 years. Tom Cruise was Married to Mimi Rogers back in 1986 that was the same year he converted to his loony beliefs in aliens sorry (Scientology)his best man at the wedding was Emilio Estevez son of the actor Martin Sheen. The marriage ended but they remained good friends. Tom then met Nicole Kidman in 1990 and made a flop movie Days of Thunder which he co-wrote. It tanked but their relationship blossomed. They adopted 2 children Isobela and Conner due to Nicole misscarrying their baby. The marriage collapsed after 10 years after Tom supposedly had an affair with Penelope Cruz. Tom has been dogged by rumours of his sexuality and has fought hard. Tom is usually a private man until he met Katie Holmes. Tom and Katie Holmes became parents to their biological daughter Suri Cruise after a whirlwind romance in 18 april 2006. Tom was dropped by Viacom's Chairman "Sumner Redstone" from producing movies from Paramount. Tom didn't stand back he got back to business with his partner Paula Wagner and now co-own their own Studio United Artist and got shares for free. Tom and Katie Holmes then got married with friends and family present in Italy 18 November 2006. Friends that were present Jim Carrey, Russell Crowe, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Richard Gere, Brooke Shields, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Victoria and Kirstie Alley. Tom is now currently working on reviving united Artist and making films that really matter. Trying to focus on all genres. Tom's best buddies have stuck by him. You can never get a good man down for long no matter what his beliefs are. Everyone has a right to live the way they want. Tom Cruise is hoping to one day become a director. There is still life in this actor. Hopefully he will be looked at for the work that de does and not for his personal life.
  • Toms a very great guy and he needs a break, things are hard for him evreyday yet he still looks just as hott as the day before!!

Evreybody needs to just give tom a break, how would you feel if people made fun of you for being with the one you love? Cut the guy some slack!! He\'s a great guy and he dosen\'t deserve this!!! I mean they try so hard to act for us. Its hard I my self am trying to break into the acting job and its not easy,
  • Ughhhhhhhhhhh

2.5
    I seriously hate Tom Cruise. WTF is he doing in a Samarai movie. The Japanese would turn him into sushi, taste it and be like, this is disgusting. They\'d then send it to China who would slap a sticker on it that says \"We Swear. We didn\'t make this\". The Chinese would put it in a box and send it on a boat to America. The boat sinks. The fish are like \"Well it looks like sushi and smells like sushi, but it\'s not sushi.\" Another fish would say \"Then we can eat it right?\" The other fish would respond, \"I wouldn\'t take the chance\". A worker on the ship would be swimming around and find the sushi box. He knows his only chance to live is to float on the box, and maybe eat some sushi. He says \"Forget this\" and he drowns. The box eventually lands in Mexico. Two mexicans stare at the box and say \"Oh... I so hungry.... Eh Mi amigo yo quiero unas comida! They both decide that it would be better to drink some Mexican water. They dress it up as an alien and put it near the border where guards shoot it and decide finally, that it\'s not worth the ammo. The box ends up in Texas where a group of cowboys rope it and open it. Chuck Norris comes by and looks at the box. He yells to them to not eat the sushi. He roundhouse kicks the box as pieces of sushi fly all over. They decide to evacuate Texas and put the remaining pieces in New Orleans while Katrina edges closer. Katrina takes one look at the box and turns around.
  • Can he get any worse?

This guy can't act, doesn't look good and refuses to find a woman his age. He's horrible. I've never seen ANY of his movies and that's because I've never wanted to. I don't really understand why people like this guy. Most people think it's based on how he looks on the outside but it's not just about charming looks. It's also about how good his acting is or ow he protrays a character. I would've given this guy a zero rating but I decided to be nice.
  • How I used to love thee...

5.5
    I hate to admit it, but there was a point in my life that I was a Tom Cruise fanatic. Picture, magazines, videos, you name it, I had it. However, that has changed for me. I don't know if it's because I grew older or it's because of his actions, but I'm no longer a Tom Cruise fan.

I guess the moment I knew it was officially over was when Tom had his "Today" show meltdown with Matt Lauer. When he said to Matt that he knew about psychology and that no woman ever had such a thing as postpartum depression, I offically hoped that Matt Lauer would actually slap his face on national TV. Between that and the infamous "couch jump seen round the world" on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", I am convinced that Tom's Scientology beliefs have actually caused him to lose his mind. I get that he is in "love" with Katie Holmes, but come on man 13 year old boys don't act that way about girls they are in love with so why should a 40 something year old man. Maybe he is having his midlife crisis and instead of a new car, he's getting a new girlfriend and family?

Now, I'm sure that Tom Cruise is a nice guy. He seems to be that way when he is on the red carpet and signing autographs for fans. And yes, he has saved people before, so it proves at some point he had the capacity to do things correctly, but the man has completely changed. He used to make films that seemed to have a plot. Nowadays, all he makes are movies that he knows will make money and he makes sure that he isn't missing out on the almighty dollar by having in his contract that he makes percentages of the movie's profits. He has officially fallen victim to the "Gotta Have It" all actor syndrome of being producer/actor and getting all the money he can.

I want to think that Tom can change and return to the way he was in the late 1980's and early 1990's, but sadly I don't think this will happen. Tom, you should realize that not all of America is that into you now and you are getting on a lot of our nerves.
  • empty

Tom Cruise did great in the past in movies such as, Mission Impossible, The Last Samurai, and VALKYRIE. But he has gotten off the edge and he is not that good now!

á verry good actor.

Top Gun
    Mission Impossible
    War Of The Worlds
    and many more.
  • empty

Tom Cruise is the dude when making films. You may not notice this but Tom Cruise likes taking the limit and betting it with his movies. Tom Cruise only likes maknig movies that he knows that the critics will love and of course that it will hit on the top box office. He hasn't made a movie that was overrated, all of his were excellent and still remains excellent. For as long Tom Cruise lives we will enjoy his movies forever and ever.
  • Yeah. He's a legend. Don't let a little scientology get in the way

7.7
    Great actor. I can almost forgive him for being an annoying, Xenu-loving scientologist. Scientology is probably the most useless fad in Hollywood.
    From couch-jumping on Oprah to ranting on about how he reads about phycology, he seems like quite a sped. But then I pop Top Gun into my trusty VCR and I sort of forget that he thinks he's God Of The Aliens.
    Despite him being a bit on the insane side (and punishing Katie for being "assertive". Oh, and possibly raising Suri to be an alien), he's a good actor with an impressive resume, and I doubt a little Xenu-lovin will take him out of the public eye xD
  • Tom Cruise a good actor, but he is a bit too eccentric.

7.8
    Tom Cruise has played many important roles in his career and he is one of the most popular actors in Holywood. He is a very talented actor but offscreen he comes off as a bit weird. I don't mind that he's a Scientologist at all, it's just that he does many unusual things such as the jumping on the couch deal. He does many unusual and eccentric things. One look at any Tom Cruise trivia page and you'll see why he is just so odd. He also appears to like publicity although he keeps alot of his family life private, which is a good thing.
  • empty

Excelent actor, many great movies. The fact that he is one crazy scientologist **** doesn´t take away the fact that almost all of his movies are very good.
  • Hey Tom Cruise! My name is Chandler and my friend\'s dad flys you in a helicopter sometimes. She told her dad to tell you that she said hi and you said \"that\'s cool!\" I wanted to say hi too!

hello! you are really kool! I think you and katie holmes make a good couple! I think you are inspiring too! and i want to meet you too! you deserve a good life! I think you should go on a kids show cuz then i could watch you! You are good looking toO! lol! dont you think! you should come to seattle, washington because that is where i live and you could meet some of your fans(me). i\'ve seen a few of your movies and i like them! I saw you on the oprah show too! My mom thinks you kool too! well bye for now!

-Chandler
  • its all about tom cruise

you know what? people say that hes a jerk, or just a horrible actor, but you know what? besides the fact that he ALWAYS has a running scene in EVERY movie hes in, hes hott, nice, and not a jerk!! so to those of you who are haters, get over yourself, cause hes a great actor im living prof that there still are supporters out there!
  • I personally think that Tom Cruise is the most talented actor of his time, don't dislike him because he has some weird views, dislike him if he's a bad actor.

I think Tom Cruise has been completley amazing in every movie I've seen him in. His performance always blows me away and he definitely has talent. I think people should like him if he's a good actor, I don't like his views on certain things very much either, but that is a completely different thing.
  • Marriage/Dating

It's truly ashame that Tom as an actor and independent person can not even pick his own date??I serve in the military 21 years....and you are going to date an Iranian????Where's your honor????I will never watch you again.
  • tom cruise is overrated he marries katie holmes, a woman so much younger than he is and i don't understand how she can be happy

2.6
    tom cruise may be an okay actor but he's not that great with other things. What is it with being a pshychologist or whatever? When Katie took depression pills, Tom said that it wasn't right. That is something that could have killed her! I'm sure you want to take advice from an actor and not your doctor.
    Tom Cruise isn't even the best actor. Sometimes i find him to be a bit fake in his movies. Is he even that good-looking? Maybe some people think so and that's why he stays so popular but don't ask me. He just like all other actors out there. He doesn't understand what it's like to be in reality. He only knows Hollywood and it's glories and i don't mean that in a good way.
  • Very overrated.

I tried to like Tom Cruise as an actor and as a person, but the dude is just crazy some times. He is not a celebrity you want to meet and get an autograph from because there is a good chance he will make you not want to be a fan of is ever again. I've seen how he acts on certain shows and I have to say he is more than full of himself. I don't think he is a great actor, I just think he is overrated. Overall, he is not a person I would think is good. Thank you.
  • Tom Cruise is a crazy nutjob

4.5
    I am by no means saying that he doesn't have acting talent (he does); but on a personal level...the guy is loony tunes.

What's with this Scientology nonsense? It's an embarrassment to organized religion. Yeah, I like some of his movies; but it's really hard to watch him now when I know how unbalanced he is.

Apparently this is how he's been for a long time; but his publicist kept his image under control. A few years ago, that publicist was fired...revealing crazy Tom in all his glory. Jumping on Oprah's couch, his rant against psychiatry (It's an invention of the Nazi's man!)and his control-freak nature when dealing with Katie Holmes. I'm sure I've left out other incidents; but that's really all the evidence anyone needs.

If he wasn't a famous actor, he'd likely be in danger of being commited. So yeah, he's bonkers

p.s. Thank you free speech
  • A fine actor, but an arrogant and often idiotic person

I was shocked to see Tom Cruise on the "Today Show" condemning the entire field of psychiatry. He seemed to think the use of prescription drugs to treat mental illness was ridiculous because "there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance." Mr. Cruise, you have no idea what you are talking about. I am one of the many people in this country who suffer from a mental illness (in my case, bipolar disorder) and I can tell you that my treatment has saved my life. Like many, I struggled to accept the fact that I need medication and that my disease is not somehow a personal weakness. Mr. Cruise saying something like this is a slap in the face to everyone who lives with the stigma of mental illness. Like many celeberities, he has developed an opinion on a subject without bothering to get all the facts first. I hope his soon-to-be wife never experiences depression, because she may find her husband less than sympathetic, to say the least. Yes, I know I am judging him harshly on the basis of one interview, but what he is said is outrageous.
  • Heh heh. Get the joke? So what if he plays one note, he plays it well.

Very promising but never really fills the shoes he\'s stomping around in. I can\'t pretend to know what he is like so I don\'t get the people who say \"good guy\" but I know one thing he sure can play those angry tantrum scenes. So what if he plays one note, he plays it well.
  • Completely crazy and overused

6.1
    Tom Cruise is an all right actor. He was great in Top Gun and Cocktail and I even liked him in Risky Business. He was also great in Jerry McGuire but between that and the others I mentioned, I haven't liked him in anything else.

Tom Cruise is crazy, in my opinion. I'm convinced he's bipolar, mostly after his couch jumping on Oprah. He advocates not using drugs to solve your problems, which is okay, everyone can have their stance on things, but eating right won't cure cancer or M.S. If anyone needs drugs its him, and he's one person that won't take them.

I do like his work ethic and how he says he'd do any movie without a written contract and how he'd even do it for free. That's something you rarely actors and actresses who just want more and more for the films they do just because they're on the "A-List" But that's not enough for me to really like him. It's been awhile since he's been in anything I've truly enjoyed. Maybe once that happens, I'll like him again but until then, he's just another bi-polar, mediocre actor.
  • I think Tom Cruise deserves his own personal show don't you?? Imagine all the crazy, messed up and utterly stupid things he would say! Now that is what I call entertainment!

Mr. Cruise has come under a lot of fire during the past few years and I wonder how an otherwise popular celebrity in Hollywood like him could reach such an all time low. He’s been strange for years (in my opinion) but I think his performances during the early 1990s blind sighted most people until now. (Read up on his – couch hopping behavior!)

Everybody at some point had a Tom Cruise poster…mostly during the previous decade – (Hmm Wonder what happened to mine???) It’s been that long and people have gravitated to other more interesting and not so maniacal celebrities. For what its worth, he’s happy…anyone jumping on furniture should be – hmm maybe that’s why he doesn’t believe in depression. That might just be the ticket – next time I feel sad I’ll do that!

I think he deserves his own show – call it “Cruise Crazy!” and the tag line should be – “Politically incorrect but so flipping Happy!”
< 1 2