Torri Higginson

Torri Higginson Fan Reviews (10)

• When good character get push aside!

Torri Higginson as Dr. Weir when I first started to watch the show did look good. I felt the DR. Weirs charter was going to be a strong female role, but her character started to take a back seat in Season 2 to the others. She when from a starring role to a secondary one.

They also did not improve her character like they did the others.

The show became too much about just a hand full of character, Sheppard, Teyla, and Ronon. Don't get me wrong I like them, but it just became about them too much, but what the show did to Weir they did to others: Dr. Carson Beckett, Lt. Aiden Ford (I think they got rid of him to make room for Ronon).

When a show become too much about few character and the plot is just fighting and shooting and not about scientific discovery or anything else like SG-1 it's going to go downhill because its get boring.

This is why she left the show at the end of season 3.

She just had enough.
  • The best "woman commander" in any of these sci fi shows

I am just watching through the third season now, and am terribly disappointed to see that she will not be staying in the show (listed as seasons 1-3). As far as I am concerned, she did in one show what it has taken others (e.g., Kate Mulgrew - Captain Janeway) to do in several seasons. Torri has never come across as anything less than natural and consistent in her portrayal as Dr. Elizabeth Weir. I think that she should be grateful to the writers for giving her a role that didn't require her to deal with being feminine etc (that whole "mam" thing that Janeway dealt with). However, as one of the other reviewers wrote, she is subtle and does a brilliant job of playing her role. She is fully convincing. I am VERY disappointed that she will no longer be in the show.
  • My thoughts on Torri

My personal favorite of all the talented people starring on Atlantis. I was sadden, or perhaps I should say devisated, when she was taken off the show. She was such a strong and powerful leader, unlike most women leaders I have seen in science fictions. Her acting ability was wonderful, and I always felt for her character, crying when Simon dumped her and feeling for her when things went wrong that she couldn't help. This was all due to the woman's skill as an actress and she will be dearly missed from the show. Why did it have to happen, why?
  • Dont know what to do here

Torri to me is a georges person. She has experience. I love her act and she is good at being a leader. She is a good leader because she is strict and loves what she does. She has been through a lot even as a leader, becasue leaders usually dont go anywhere because a leader has to be protected but not Elizabeth she is a different leader and that is what i like about her. You are a beautiful person to . I like many things about you but what i hate is that you are now a replicator which i hate because i loved her as being a leader. I hope she will not die.

My email for yahoo is, Aj.Sprosty@yahoo.com
  • not that great...

Torri Higginson plays Dr. Elizabeth Weir on Stargate Atlantis and she guest starred on a few Stargate SG-1 episodes. I remember back in Lost City (Stargate SG-1 Season 7) there was a different actress playing Dr. Weir and she was awesome. I wanted her to play the character, but then they changed the actress to Torri Higginson, which is a poor replacement. She's not a very good actress. Granted, she's not that bad, but she really is not that good. Anyways, her character is annoying, her acting is bad and it's another reason that Stargate SG-1 is better than Stargate Atlantis.
  • One of the things that attracted me the most was her attitude. What many percieve as lack of expressions I see as a remarkably performed role as the leader of a base and a serious strong character person. Make no mistake she is incredibly talented.

One of the things that attracted me the most was her attitude. What many percieve as lack of expressions I see as a remarkably performed role as the leader of a base and a serious strong character person. Make no mistake, she is incredibly talented. This point was conpletely reassured to me when she acted in Stargate Atlantis's episode: "The Real World" where she plays a specific scene where she struggles to break free from the nurses.
    Visually stunning and laborally comitted, Torri Higginson is an actress that performs and will perform her roles in an original way.
  • Amazing, beautiful and talented. Even when Atlantis is less then great, she's on top form.

Nobody does it like Torri and I don't think anyone could.
    Even though the rest of the Atlantis cast are amazing, Torri is easily the most talented.
    She's a complete inspiration to anyone wanting to follow a career in acting and she deserves a lot more recognition then she gets.

Her character of Elizabeth as amazing chemistry with every single character and without her I don't think I'd be watching the Atlantis.
    I originally started to watch the show when I heard Robert Patrick was going to be in the pilot and I'm glad I took shot to watch it because it as introduced me to a completely awe-inspiring actress who's passion for her job is amazing.
  • One of the best things about Atlantis.

Torri shines among her co-stars. She is one of the best things about Atlantis (along with David Hewlett). She portrays the strength of Dr. Weir wonderfully. She has created a strong, caring woman. She drives the show with her convincing portrayal of the woman who has the weight of two galaxies on her shoulders. She also made beautiful performances in The Storm, The Eye, Home, The Long Goodbye, and many others. She is also beautiful, with a look that suits her character, sophistication and strength. She is perfect for the role in every way.
  • She\\\\\\\'s the only reason I don\\\\\\\'t like Stargate Atlantis as much as I liked SG-1. She has little to no talent and doesn\\\\\\\'t know where to change her expressions. Quite frankly, I don\\\\\\\'t know why she\\\\\\\'s even in the serial.

1.2
    She\\\\\\\'s the only reason I don\\\\\\\'t like Stargate Atlantis as much as I liked SG-1. She has little to no talent and doesn\\\\\\\'t know where to change her expressions. Quite frankly, I don\\\\\\\'t know why she\\\\\\\'s even in the serial. All she does is over-react to everything that comes her way.

Thats not the only thing thats wrong with her. She has no line delivery. Varying reactions of an actor are one of the most important things and she\\\'s completely and i mean completely devoid of those. It wouldn\\\'t kill her to change her delivery once in a while rather than squint over each and every line.
  • Torri shins on so-so show.

One of the most attractive actresses I've seen in a long time.I hope she eventually finds a superior vehicle.She stands out on her program both as an actress and as a beauty.I only stumbled onto her show because I used to watch Dharma and Greg and MASH ,which were in the same timeslot previously.The other actors are pedestrian-which only makes her shine all the more.The show takes a dip when she is offscreen,then perks up when she retuns.I'd like to see her in something contemporary-like a Woody Allen film or maybe a WB show as one of the parents.I trust this will happen.