Victor Garber

Victor Garber Fan Reviews (11)

• What Victor would be if he wasn't an actor

In a behind the scenes piece Victor Garber reveals what his job would be if he wasn't an actor. Plus he talks about the titanic. Watch here: http://www.marilyn.ca/Video.aspx#clip749113
  • Captivating as hell.

I really can't find enough words to describe in my opinion one of the greatest actors I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I've cried over/during movies or television shows before but I've never cried for months over a character. I actually went through a period of mourning when Jack Bristow died (stomach ache, nausea, depressed, hair fell out). My friends and family thought I was nuts (still do). I've never even been a big fan of television much less get hooked on a character that causes you to become so attached, protective and loyal. His portrayal of Jack Bristow was undeniably brilliant and he was robbed of several Emmys. I also watched all episodes of Justice and he did an equally fine job for the short time it ran. His recent performance as Professor Barrett on Ugly Betty is certain to get him an Emmy nomination for Best Guest Appearance. I'm looking forward to watching him as Jordan Weathersby in Eli Stone where I understand he will sing. There is really no way I can say enough Victor Garber is just captivating as hell.
  • Review

Titanic - This was the first thing that I saw him in and even to this day I can still remember some of the things that he said in the movie just because he has that thing about him that makes you remember some of what he says, even if it is minor. He played a small role in the movie, but I thought this character was well suited for what he had to do.

Alias - Here is the highlight of his acting. I thought the nice litttle mix of action/adventure and then background sneaking around and plotting behind the rules was perfect for his character. He did what he had to do to protect his daughter, who was always priority number one anyways. I loved his on screen connetion with Ron Rifkin and Jennifer Gardner, two people that he always had to be clicking with on camera for the audiance to feel like they were inside of the television show. Overall, one of the best actors of all time I think.
  • You can beat everyone... but you can't beat Victor Garber....

... the famous line from the final episode of Alias altered a little, also the final line spoken by Jack Bristow. I only know Victor for his performance on Alias, but that's more than enough to convince me that he's a terrific actor.

Victor had a hard time portraying Jack Bristow on Alias. Jack was not a man of emotions. But, in order for us to symphatize with him, we had to feel something. Something about his character. But since he didn't show any emotions, it was hard...

or not. It wasn't hard at all. His poker face is perfectly see through because of Garber's amazing acting. His eyes say more than most actor's 1000 lines.
    Despite his poker face, you knew when he was worrying for his daughter's safety, when he was satisfied, or when he was sad and lonely.

And that is what so brilliant about his character, and I really doubt it would have worked with anyone else. JJ Abrams has found the best possible actor to play Jack Bristow.

All put together, Garber deserves to be a much bigger star. I hope he's upcoming projects will be successful.
  • Victor Garber is the best actor and singer nowadays. I hope to be blessing with many shows, films and series with him. I hope JUSTICE isn´t cancelled! I´ve sure Fox will be reconsidering.

Victor Garber is the best actor and singer nowadays.
    I hope to be blessing with many shows, films and series with him.
    I hope JUSTICE isn´t cancelled! I´ve sure Fox will be reconsidering.
    Fox put the serie in wrong schedule competing with super bowl and others series and without enough publicity.
    How can this serie take off
    I hope that Fox is evaluating when is the best day and time to return this serie in your schedule.
  • You're the ideal of man. I love you!

I love Jack Bristow, I love Victor. I just plain and simply love this man. He's so perfect. As Jack Bristow, he is a romantic husband, a loving father, a mysterious and ambiguious agent, and a rude killer. Oh, never foget he is so sexy! He is the ideal of man!romantic, mysterious, ambiguious, devoted and so rude! I don't know how to express my passion for him. Episode 18 of season 4, when Jack was in somekind of illusion and Sydney pretended to be his wife. Gees! That's my favorite part of the serie and I can't help watching it over and over again. When in the end of Alias, Jack was shot and dead, I cryed for half an hour like the end of the world. The editor should be killed for this bad arrangement. God, I hate my bad english! LOVEUVICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best and I'll love you for ever! Looking forward to your next show!
  • Underrated but a personal favorite

I love Victor and his work on Alias and glad
    That hopefully his new show will work out in the
    Fall and that he will have more screen time because
    In Alias, he tried to make a small role into a big one
    Despite having to share the screen time with lead
    Jennifer Garner. Now it is his turn to shine, hope he gets more plum roles!
  • Talented, amazing, hilarious, everything you'd want in a versatile actor.

My opinion of Victor Garber is based almost solely on his performances in Alias. Outside of that, I remember seeing him guest-starring in an episode of Will & Grace that I will forever remember and love.

Regardless, he has more talent in his pinky than so many other actors have in their whole bodies, and his alter ego, Jack Bristow, could probably torture you and bring you to your knees using that one pinky. One of his famous facial twitches can convey a plethora of emotions and responses. One twitch here, and you know you're about the bite the big one. Another twitch there, and he's worried about his darling daughter. Yet another, and he's contemplating how to do what needs to get done while not breaking the law... much.

He seems like the kind of person I'd love to meet in real life, too, but that's something the entire cast of Alias seems to share.

All in all, I'd say he's sinfully delicious!
  • Victor is my favorite actor. I just plain and simply love this man. He's not only talented but,he's absolutely GORGEOUS! My favorite character he plays would have to be Jack Bristow. I also loved him as Thomas Andrews. I can't wait to see what he is in ne

Victor is my favorite actor. I just plain and simply love this man. He's not only talented but,he's absolutely GORGEOUS! My favorite character he plays would have to be Jack Bristow. I also loved him as Thomas Andrews. I can't wait to see what he is in next. LOVEUVICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best actor out there!
  • 50 words to describe Victor garber isn't enougth!

I discovered Victor Garber in the famous Titanic, a long time after 1997. I didn't want to watch this film, because I already knew the ship was going to dive...

But, when I see it later, I was litterally struck by the Titanic designer, Thomas Andrews and of course by this talented actor!

Victor Garber is one of finest actors I have seen, and I see a lot of movies or series! One can reproach him to "underplay" because he never exagerated his playing of the characters, but with only one stare, a little shift in his face, a lower voice or with a hesitation he can transmit such great feelings!!!

And his character in Alias, Jack Bristow is one of the best character I have ever seen in Tv show and maybe in movies. The romantic man, mysterious, ambiguious, devoted and so rude! The complexity, and the lonliness are played withTHE perfection.

You can visit my site here :

• Victor Garber is one of my favorite actors. His portrayal of Jonathon Jack Donahue Bristow, on Alias, is one of my favorite characters of all time and definately my favorite t.v. character ever. He just seems like such a classy person. It also helps that

Victor Garber is one of my favorite actors of all time. His portrayal of Jonathon Jack Donahue Bristow is one of my favorite characters of all time and definately my favorite t.v. character ever. All of his expressions are amazing. I love how he perfectly captures the whole totally-manly-not-putting-up-with-any-crap-from-anyone attitude of Jack in the television series Alias. He also just seems like such a classy person and someone that I would love to get to know personally. Any production that he is involved in I would jump at the chance to see. It also helps that he is incredibly sexy.