Wayne Gretzky

Wayne Gretzky Fan Reviews (4)

• The best hockey player in many a generation, maybe ever

Wayne Gretzky was one of those players that comes along maybe once in 50 years in a sport. The way Tiger Woods dominates the PGA Tour these days is how Gretzky dominated the NHL. There was time when Babe Ruth would hit more home runs than many teams combined and Gretzky could dominate like that as well. Some of the numbers he put up are eye popping and it's hard to imagine anyone coming along and breaking them, but 20-50 years from now, who knows. Mario Lemieux, if had been able to stay healthy, would have given him a run for his money.

The most amazing fact to me is that Gretzky ended his career with 2856 points. Mark Messier is second with 1855, 1001 points behind. And Gretzky played in 271 less games! If he had played those 271 games and produced at his career average, he would have 3377 points. He made everyone around him better and that is also a sign of a very special player.

He has also been a great ambassador for the game, worked in management with Team Canada and served as Head Coach of the Phoenix Coyotes, a team in which he has an ownership stake.
  • Truely The great One!!!!!!

Wayne Gretzky, is and will always be the greatest hockey player ever.What Wayne and his team mates did in Edmonton was truely great.They had some great years together, I think they would have won a few more if they kepted them together.I wish I could have seen him before he put his skates up for good.The winter months would have been boring, without hockey and the Great One.I know he always wanted to coach. The last game I seen his team play, they were getting pretty beat up.Coach was pretty mad, he told them your just standing around, you need to get out there and try harder.Gretzky always gave 100% that is what he wants from his players.
  • He's The Great One

He's is the great one, nothing more to say. Wayne holds the records for it seems like about every catogery in the NHL. I was born after his prime so I never really got a chance to seem him live, but when I look at old footage of him I am amazed. But I think there is one man that could test him for the best player of all time; and that's Mark Messier. Even though Mark didn't have the stats, Wayne never won a Cup on his own and Messier did twice. Overall, Wayne Gretzky is one of the greatest people to put on a pair of skates.
  • One of the best of all time.

Wayne Gretzky was so much better at his sport than anyone else. He broke existing career scoring records when he was still a young pup. He could outplay almost any hockey player who ever lived.

He was/is “The Great One.”

I had the privilege of seeing him play on several occasions. I would have paid for the experience. Actually, I did pay, but that’s okay, I got to see the “Great One” in action.