Yanni

Yanni Fan Reviews (5)

• simply the best

I'm a fan of Yanni for like 10 years now and i still listen his music, it's simply amayzing and relaxing in the same time. One of my favorite album is his last performance. Yanni Live!: The Concert Event, could well be the closest unconscious approach in the greek musician's career to a Shiatsu session: invigourating rhytms that are impossible to resist. And this is about showcase; about boasting his ensemble, multicultural band and his cutting-edge recording equipment, with its sharp, clear, unparalleled sound. A spectacle grandeur worthy of a Las Vegas' venue. Still, for an old-seasoned Yanni fan, this could be an album that takes a tad bit to digest, for this is not the Yanni we're all used to. Change is good, anyway. The most dramatic one came with his latest studio recording, Ethnicity: no more slow-paced melodies, but voice and electro-beat-driven pieces, in a very "world music" fashion. Mr. Chrysomallis preaches about tolerance and unity and he's been up to his word since Tribute, and YLTCE is no lesser. Although, long gone are the concerts that carried on for the compositions' sake. Yanni's decision of giving his band members a time to stand on their own, ought to be commended. But the record becomes lost between all the soloists' contributions. Still, make no mistake: whenever Sayaka Katsuki (marvellous, but still not quite Ms. Briggs), Armen Movsessian, Samvel Yervinyan, Alexander Zhiroff, Pedro Eustache, Ming Freeman, Ramón Flores and Alfreda Gerald take the lead, you can't help but be surprised and delighted. The record's best moments are On Sacred Ground, where Ms. Gerald introduces Ms. Katsuki to a dazzling combination, and in Until The Last Moment where Mr. Yervinyan delivers along Yanni the best rendition of the piece so far. One fact still remains. Yanni had still so much material to draw from and put on a live recording that it's difficult not to wonder why did he choose to place compositions we have already heard in past live albums yet once more here, being this the only catch.
    Yet, Yanni Live! stands out for it's technical superiority and altogether memorable and enjoyable performances. With such music, for once, laser-lighting and musicians clad-in-black can be justified.
  • Yanni has joined forces with Ric Wake.

Yanni has created new music, and is working with Ric Wake. Yanni is back, better then ever. Go to yanni.com and view his latest video clips and updates. You won`t want to miss this one. This is a new direction for yanni, adding vocals to his music. I went on the site and registerd, and loved what I heard. This is an exciting new direction for Yanni, and I wish him the best of luck with it. Yanni.com is a great site with clips, updates, photos, and message boards. All you need is to register, and you`ll be connected immediately to view his new works.
    Angela
  • News about Yanni

I am new here, but I have some exciting news!

Yanni has joined forces with the Oscar/Grammy winning producer, Ric Wake, to create new music and discover extraordinary vocal artists! Yanni & Ric's goal is to collaborate with prodigy singer/songwriters and put them in the most creative environment possible to reach their full potential.

The two have setteled into "Camp Yanni" in South Florida, immersing themselves in the studio producing new music...over 80 new compositions to date!

You can check it all out at Yanni's new website, Yanni.com and be sure to register for the fan club while you're there! It's an exciting time for Yanni fans.

Mia - Yanni Street Team
  • Yanni is one of the most influential pianists of the modern era. He has captured the hearts of many millions of people worldwide with his exceptionally proffesional piano playing skills.

I support the review of cherokeelady42 when I also sing the praises of Yanni, my Greek namesake. I am Greek and have that paticular fact in common with him as well as my love for music. Though I was not born in Greece, she lives in my heart and I treasure her every day. Yanni is one of my musical passions because he plays the piano so beautifully. I have one of his tapes and am looking at getting more. Yiasou Yanni (Hello Yanni). Good On Ya Patriotaki (Good On You My Fellow Countryman). Zito Oi Ellas (Long Live Greece).
  • Yanni is a very talented artist. One of a kind. Beautiful music. He is a wonderful person.

Yanni has been my favorite artist for many years. His music that he does is very original. he writes his own music. And he does it so well. His music is so soothing to the soul. Yanni first started out as what we call New Age and now his music is heard all around the world. His music is very relaxing and very enjoyable. His concerts are always sold out everywhere that he plays. His orchestra is very well put together. They spend hours upon hours practicing. He has some very talented musicians in his orchestra. When he plays the piano he does it so well and does it with style and feeling. He puts on a very good concert wherever he plays. Yanni has a wonderful mother and father. They love each other so dearly. His mother is a wonderful cook also.