Yvonne Strahovski

Forums: Yvonne Strzechowski Board: Is she an Australian

iamwebberman

[1]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 2
    Is she an Australian? why she sounds just like a native American in the show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fat_penguin

[2]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 5
    Yeah she is - actors put on accents, and she does a mighty fine job I think. I had no idea she was Aussie til I read it. Anyway, there are interviews floating around where she's just talking in an Aussie accent - the Craig Ferguson one is an example

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QP0kqwwF5fY

AcidHound

[3]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 5

There's another video of her being interviewed on KTLA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa6x02bKOJk . She seems really down to earth and that's great (not to mention she's gorgeous), Although that could be because she is new to the industry, I hope she doesn't get corrupted though, Hollywood needs more actresses like Yvonne.

She's more than just a pretty face too, her facial expressions are very good imo, a lot of times when watching Chuck she doesn't have to say anything and the viewer (at least I do) knows what she's thinking and what she wants to say. I'm really glad I started watching Chuck.

Edited on 11/23/2007 11:17pm

tvownsLEXIE

[4]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 21

She's great at her American accent, I had no idea she was Australian until I watched a video of the cast at comic con for the first season.

The actress who is Charlotte "Chuck" Charles on Pushing Daisies does the same thing.

lherida_87

[5]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    tvownsLEXIE wrote:

She's great at her American accent, I had no idea she was Australian until I watched a video of the cast at comic con for the first season.

The actress who is Charlotte "Chuck" Charles on Pushing Daisies does the same thing.

I definitely agree!