Raymond Burr

Forums: Raymond Burr Board: Perry Mason v. Robert Ironside

Which Raymond Burr character was your favorite?

jamoon2006

[1]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 36

Arguably, Raymond Burr is best known for his two detective TV characters and the long-running series in which he starred. The two characters could not be more different (a testimony to Burr's acting), but which do you prefer - the black & white, film noir detecting and lawyering of Perry Mason or the full-color, 60s in full-swing wheelchair-bound Robert Ironside?

My choice would be Ironside, only because I think Raymond Burr got to do more "acting" on this later series. Don't get me wrong - Perry Mason is a great character, but the curmudgeony aspects of Ironside's persona combined with his handicap made him a bit more dogged and fiesty.

Anyone else?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AprilFox

[2]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 109

I just had to pick both! I like all his work even when he played the bad guy in Rear Window!

Rear Window

AprilFox

[3]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 109

Ironside

Or as Robert T. Ironside.

archangelwho

[4]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 18

It has been years sinces I have seen either but from what I remember there just seem to have been more to Ironside that we was.

archangelwho

[5]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 18

jamoon2006 wrote:

Arguably, Raymond Burr is best known for his two detective TV characters and the long-running series in which he starred. The two characters could not be more different (a testimony to Burr's acting), but which do you prefer - the black & white, film noir detecting and lawyering of Perry Mason or the full-color, 60s in full-swing wheelchair-bound Robert Ironside?

My choice would be Ironside, only because I think Raymond Burr got to do more "acting" on this later series. Don't get me wrong - Perry Mason is a great character, but the curmudgeony aspects of Ironside's persona combined with his handicap made him a bit more dogged and fiesty.

Anyone else?

Add to this the role he played in 'Bride of the Gorilla" and you get a real good view of his range in acting. By the way Perry Mason is now on Netflix.