Forums: Redesign Feedback: Another redesign in January?!

AuntArlene

[22]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 24
    topoopon wrote:
    At least hulu has shows I watch... CBS?:Not so much.

My thoughts exactly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

violet_mist

[23]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 26
    Oh, not again.

I'm not sure how this is all suppose to be positive. Most of the users seen to hate the redisigns. If CBS wants to be like Hulu, BUY HULU. That seems like the simple solution.

Many of the good things about the Tv.com I signed up with have disappeared, like the colors that would not give me headaches, and the alternating colors for forum posts. Also, the little box in the top right corner was replaced with a drop-down list.

Then the last thing that made tv.com tv.com disappeared. The unique (-ish) logo. It's not tv.com anymore. It really isn't.

Bottom line: This site was great before the tons of changes, which aren't very good changes.

insomniac360

[24]Dec 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    AuntArlene wrote:
    topoopon wrote:
    At least hulu has shows I watch... CBS?:Not so much.

My thoughts exactly.
    Indeed.

Though I do like The Big Bang Theory.

Finalsequel

[25]Dec 30, 2008
    • level: 30
    violet_mist wrote:
    Oh, not again.

I'm not sure how this is all suppose to be positive. Most of the users seen to hate the redisigns. If CBS wants to be like Hulu, BUY HULU. That seems like the simple solution.

Many of the good things about the Tv.com I signed up with have disappeared, like the colors that would not give me headaches, and the alternating colors for forum posts. Also, the little box in the top right corner was replaced with a drop-down list.

Then the last thing that made tv.com tv.com disappeared. The unique (-ish) logo. It's not tv.com anymore. It really isn't.

Bottom line: This site was great before the tons of changes, which aren't very good changes.

Hulu is a joint venture between NBC and Fox- two of CBS' rivals. And they won't sell Hulu to CBS. Really, I'd have no problem with videos if they didn't clutter up the guides. The guides are extremely cluttered. Hulu on the other hand is neat, simple, and it is extremely easy to find what you are looking for.

sesho2022

[26]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 47
    BTW--Danmod's new blog is about a redesign, so go to his blog and share your thoughts. I tried watching one of the videos here, then immediately switched to watching it at HULU. The video at HULU is larger and they are organized with episode numbers. Plus you can dim the lights! I don't think people will watch videos here with lesser functionality, when they can go straight to HULU.

I like a wide design, but I don't think it was worth destroying the functionality here. There should have been a lot of Beta testing and hiring back of the old developers.

BuffyAnneLove

[27]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 58
    I found another new atricle talking about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/12/business/media/12cbs.html?_r=1

dju010

[28]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 88
    Thanks for sharing!

AuntArlene

[29]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 24
    Call me cynical, but the article sounds like a puff piece written by the CBS PR department.

BuffyAnneLove

[30]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 58
    I found out about it on digg. Looks like it may hit front page soon. Here is the article discussion. People there talking about the redesign and the videos. Seems like no one is really excited either. Worth a look I think.

Finalsequel

[31]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 30
    They can add all of the video content they want, but until their player is relaible people will still go to Hulu. CBS has always had the worst video player of the Big 4, and the player here sucks just as much.

cjhtwo

[32]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 6

I LOVED the site when I found it last year! I have been unemployed since I moved so I have no social life at all. TV.com was my social life (pathetic, I know). Then they ruined it in September. So now my social life consists of complaining about TV.com.

Ya'know. Since the rest of my life really sucks, it would have been nice if I had something that didn't. TV.com was that for a while, now it's just another part of my life that sucks.

lightning_kf

[33]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 36
    It's nice to see CBS has forgotten about the word ORIGINALITY in their vocabulary.

dcpgaus

[34]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    I agree with sesho2022. There should have been more testing before the new version was released. Existing functionality that worked should have been retained! Instead, doing simple things like writing reviews is now more difficult...