Forums: Redesign Feedback: Dislike the new design

Zuhoffen

[1]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 8

It might just be me, but I really dislike this new design. Things are harder to find, everything just kind of blends into everything else, and now it just looks like any other boring tv site. I know I have been a fan of this site for over a year and check it every day, but if this was what it looked like when I first saw it, I never would've have come back. If you don't want to change it back to the old site, I would still suggest changing it from this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tykarri

[2]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 6

I agree 100%....

HATE the new design.

I liked the old look, it was sharp but still stood out in the crowd.

bmoshier

[3]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 46

I really dislike being forced to use this new interface with it doesn't work correctly in critical areas!

Until it works, people should have the option to use the old interface, IMHO.

Bert.

sounddude

[4]Dec 13, 2011
    • level: 68
    Oh man, what problems. Staff should have warned us not to work during the big switch over. I just spent two hours subbing episodes that didn't show on the old episode page, that now show on the new formatted page. So all my subs will all be rejected tomorrow. All that work for nothing! And nothing is going live on my own guides. I get that "12 hour" notice. If that's a permanent change to the site, then that won't work for me. I'll move on to other sites that are more friendly to use.

Sorry, but this is a major fail!

pudgebyrd722

[5]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 51
    This is sad. All these changes are eventually going to chase so many users away that TV.com will be even more of a ghost town. I don't want to see it happen, and I don't want to leave myself, but all these changes, whether we like it or not. What gives?

sam-d-lux

[6]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 1
    Agree 100 + 1 %

Celestra9

[7]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 16
    I agree, don't like it. No where near as easy to navigate and I just despise the blue background. Wish we could turn it off or have other BG colour options to choose from, might make the site slightly better to look at at least.

jobs

[8]Dec 16, 2011
    • level: 3

I seriously dislike this new interface as well.

Bring the old one back please. At least make it optional.

oobaka

[9]Dec 16, 2011

I 100% hate the new look. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Looks like I'll be using wikipedia for show titles from now on

Edited on 12/16/2011 6:12pm

vdrac

[10]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 6

This redesign has made the site useless. Will check back for a while only to see if its previous form has been restored (or made available).

question7

[11]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 19
    This site has been getting worse and worse with every unnecessary "update" us poor users have to endure!

francklloyd

[12]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 56
    The new design has turned a site full of information into a site full of emptiness. When you open a page, there's hardly any information. You have to scroll down to see things or open up links ('more'). This isn't going to get you new members, and it will push away old ones.

Yes, I know everybody struggles with innovations, changes in style and they eventually get used to them. But this isn't about colours or fonts. This is about content.

The_Sandfly

[13]Dec 21, 2011
    Completely agree, this new look absolutely sucks! It's hard to navigate, doesn't show enough info, and the level of written English is at primary school level.

Please go back to the original look/feel and then leave well enough alone. If it 'aint broke don't fix it!

lightning_kf

[14]Jan 3, 2012
    • level: 36
    This design looks way too familiar to Twitter's design.

HEY. Ever heard of the word ORIGINALITY? I don't see GameSpot changing their designs on their users constantly without them knowing and YouTube. Don't get me started with them.

Anyone remembers the OLD design from WAY back? I do. It was great.

ksmith2208

[15]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 23

sounddude wrote:
    Oh man, what problems. Staff should have warned us not to work during the big switch over. I just spent two hours subbing episodes that didn't show on the old episode page, that now show on the new formatted page. So all my subs will all be rejected tomorrow. All that work for nothing! And nothing is going live on my own guides. I get that "12 hour" notice. If that's a permanent change to the site, then that won't work for me. I'll move on to other sites that are more friendly to use. Sorry, but this is a major fail!

That "12 hour" notice really is pretty irritating. It doesn't seem to be listed on the official bugs thread, so I'm guessing it's meant to be a permanent change. Editor status should continue to allow you to make real-time edits to a page. I'm not really sure why they thought that needed to be changed.

CrochetOwl

[16]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    Disliking this redesign more and more. I do NOT like bright colours and liked the ability to use the dark background in the other version.

Next, the individual episode summary pages are horrible. Why do we need to click into separate sections to see the cast, crew and episode summary.

Lastly, I will mention this once again since this is being completely ignored for two years now. BRING BACK THE PRINT EPISODE LIST. This feature is still available on the TVRage site but many times is missing the guest cast so I wind up going back here. What has this been removed with no explanation other than a bug. It's two years now and the bug is still not fixed.

Give us the option to use the previous design. This will allow you to see just how unpopular this new site design is.