Forums: Redesign Feedback: "duplicate"-designation not showing in submission search.

rodeback

[1]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 13
    I noticed that in some cases persons that turn up in a search when adding a person do not display the addition "duplicate", although this addition is present and displays if you click on the person and display him/her as a summary. For example Jim Herzfeld - duplicate (http://www.tv.com/jim-herzfeld/person/246114/summary.html) is shown correctly in this link, but try and search for Jim Herzfeld while adding or editing and the same guide will only show "Jim Herzfeld". I encountered several such cases.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jaxiecracks

[2]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 41
    Unfortunately, our site search function does not update live to reflect changes to the guides. I'm not sure what the frequency is, but the search needs to clear its cache before edits to the guide are reflected in the results.

rodeback

[3]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 13
    I don't think that this can be the explanation, because some duplicates, I added at a later time, are displayed with the name when searched. It is not very plausible that an entry which is made for example a day later than the first one appears in an update and the entry which was made before that does not. Besides, there are other issues with finding people, that can not be explained with the cache. Sometimes new persons can't be found at first (up to a few days and then, they suddenly appear if you search first name + last name, but a day later you have again to perform acrobatics to find the same person. And this back and forth happens quite often with new persons and over protruded periods of time (I'm having problems with some persons that were added about 4 weeks ago, that is not a cache problem).

dju010

[4]Dec 15, 2008
    • level: 88
    I agree something is wrong with the search engine. A week ago I created 5 new people in 1 sub. 2 were searchable instantly, 2 after 3 days, 1 is still not showing. Something is just buggy. And it has been like this since weeks.

Angus_Mac

[5]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 71
    I've added several new people this week but none of them are appearing in search. I've even tried the usual tricks of tags, last name first, but no go.

dju010

[6]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 88
    Angus_Mac wrote:
    I've added several new people this week but none of them are appearing in search. I've even tried the usual tricks of tags, last name first, but no go.

Same here. It appears like the search engine doesn't update anymore.

anbis82

[7]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 60
    I'm having the same problem for more than two or three weeks now. None of the people I added since then is searchable. It's quite annoying

Jaxiecracks

[8]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 41
    I've been told that the developers fixed some search issues recently. Try searching again for those guides that weren't coming up before, and let me know if you are still seeing problems.