Forums: Redesign Feedback: Enhancement requests

bigape2005

[21]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    Give users the option to CHOOSE which territory they want to view. I don't want to see the Australian TV content, if I wanted that I have 10 sites to so that already. This has ruined a GREAT site! WHY have you done this !?!?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alp1981

[22]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 18
    I would like to be redundant, more tracked blogs please. Plus blogging sucks. I don't mind blogging from Gamespot if I have to but I'd rather not. Also, we should be able to customize our feeds. Could be an easy way to correct the only 4 tracked blogs shown.
    Edited on 09/18/2008 3:03pm

Gaby8529

[23]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 24
    Let us chose the color of the skin! it's too bright!!!

sfaberge

[24]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 21
    Profile:
    *I would like the option to move the boxes around on my summary profile, the massive "About Me" area isn't necessary, nor is the large picture in that area.
    *The "Rank" on the profile is now so small there is no way that the whole level name is shown so it's kind of pointless.
    *I don't see why "Member Search" is at the top of every profile page.
    *Make profile pictures actually take up the whole area in the square.
    *Are we getting rid of emblems now?
    *Full blogs instead of "Read More", at least for the newest blog.

Forum:
    *Can we please not have such a large area at the top of each post about the user? The user info area is too big.
    *When we click on the view new posts, can we actually be taken to the post and not just the page the post is on?
    *Scroll bar in the reply area for longer replies
    *In a forum, return to using bold for threads with new posts and normal for threads without new posts. It's easier to differentiate than now.

Review:
    *0.5 increments on the score is a step back from the slider on the previous design.
    *On the fly scoring without the reset each time.

Show Guides:
    *More differentiation between each section (Summary, Next Episode, Blog...).

General
    *I would like for a "Classic" option to be available like Hotmail has. I find the previous version more user friendly.
    *Capital letters

More colour!

gmvail23

[25]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 50
    I'd like to see more tracked blogs, at least 10 like we had before but even more would be fine with me. I'd gladly see the favorite shows list go to make space for it. Would like to see the box for new comments under all the comments like it used to be.

I'd also love it if the ratings can go back to being in .1 increments. I like being able to use the whole range for episodes of a season when they are all some level of good or great a .1 increment lets you rate then in the order you want them in.

sesho2022

[26]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 47
    I have trouble seeing the gray fonts. I wish they would return to black fonts. There's no reason to make the site barely usable for us four-eyes. If they're going to use gray fonts, it should be a dark charcoal gray.

It's especially annoying when you are quoting someone in the forum. The quoted text is too light. The new forum post design I find tough in general--it's too wide--I'm used to speedreading a page and it's hard to scan that way. Did the fonts get smaller in posts, or am I just imagining that?

mikeandike95

[27]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    Give us the option to use the older layout. I CAN'T STAND THIS NEW LAYOUT, IT JUST LOOKS WEIRD AND HURTS MY EYES. Frankly, just switch back to the old layout, it wasn't broken or outdated so why get rid of it at all. I really liked the blues and oranges, not as eye straining as the WHITE! of this new layout. If you don't give me this option, I'm leaving.

Vanture

[28]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    Much thanks, More_NCIS_Now - For starters, The About me Page Pictures 'stretches' which is a bother. - Second it would be nice, to possible see a customizable feature for our profiles. For instance, we can change around the orders and such.

TheOldBill

[29]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 94

Can we have our episode guide view back please? At the very least, restore the limited cast and crew displays we had last week. The reintroduction of Notes per TVTome should be considered, either on the episode guide view or with a dedicated Notes Guide page, along the lines of the (rather pointless) Trivia Guide one.

If TV.com wants to pay to retain my services, I should be happy to proofread the text and check the links before any future "upgrades" go live. In the meantime...

The following default texts need corrected.

EPISODE OVERVIEW
    NOTES: "There is currently no notes."
    QUOTES: "There is currently no quotes."
    ALLUSIONS: "There is currently no allusions."

The CAST AND CREW page has sections labelled Writers, Director, Stars, Recurring Role and Guest Star. Note the inconsistent use of singular and plural, and compare with the entries on the Credits: Cast & Characters and Writers, Directors & Crew pages, where all are plural. On the latter page, DIRECTORS should probably be DIRECTOR. CREWS should most definitely be CREW.

The page containing all TRIVIA, QUOTES, NOTES and ALLUSIONS is tabbed as Trivia.

Downloads + DVDs
    "There are currently no DVD for [show name]."

We also need someone to fix the html titles for each page. Episodes have only the show name, profiles have the site name. This is something that the developers screw up with every upgrade.

Edited on 09/18/2008 9:09pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Mac-Ale

[30]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 60
    TheOldBill wrote:

Can we have our episode guide view back please? At the very least, restore the limited cast and crew displays we had last week. The reintroduction of Notes per TVTome should be considered, either on the episode guide view or with a dedicated Notes Guide page, along the lines of the (rather pointless) Trivia Guide one.

The Episode Guide view was a great way to scan a bunch of summaries to see if they were obviously plagiarized.

My fondest enhancement wish is to bring back snide...

qtwanderer

[31]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 27
    Gender still shows on the profile pages and some users have no problem with it but I do not want my gender shown nor do I want to know anyone elses. Can their be the option to have it shown or can you just remove it so its not shown.

TheOldBill

[32]Sep 18, 2008
    Mac-Ale wrote:
    The Episode Guide view was a great way to scan a bunch of summaries to see if they were obviously plagiarized.

My fondest enhancement wish is to bring back snide...

We still have episode summaries on the episode guide view. I used it to see at a glance what episodes were missing writers/directors or cast, to confirm whether someone was recurring (five appearances), or to identify all the episodes that had a particular duplicate/compromised ID...

Edited on 09/18/2008 9:10pm

Mac-Ale

[33]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 60
    Ah, I was wrong on that.

BlackCowDeath

[34]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    My biggest complaint is that the white sides are way to bright and really plain!

dju010

[35]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 88
    The font size (and color) of blog comments. I had to change the general site size to read it. On higher resolutions it's almost impossible to read. Why are they smaller than the blogs in the first place??

Next problem:
    When typing: in the text fields, for example right now when I post, no scroll bar appears when I have a longer text than the size, so I don't see anymore what I'm typing. There must be something wrong with those fields.

teenage_fanatic

[36]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 25
    I think that the best enhancement design would be to return it to the original. ESPECIALLY the profiles, they look so horrible! They look like every other site now, i liked how it looked before by far. Call this corny, but it seemed so much more original.

TheOldBill

[37]Sep 19, 2008

So, like me, you prefer the original layout to the one we had from 2006-2008? That's two of us...

dju010

[38]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 88
    TheOldBill wrote:

So, like me, you prefer the original layout to the one we had from 2006-2008? That's two of us...

Make that three...

dmarex

[39]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 103
    dju010 wrote:
    TheOldBill wrote:

Make that three...
    I think we could easily collect hundreds of people to agree.

If only they'd put the 2006-2008 layout into widescreen and fixed a few bugs. Then everyone would be happy.

Placebo_obecalP

[40]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 13
    My enhancement request is to go back to how the site was last week and fire whoever actually though the abysmal state it's in now was a good look.