Forums: Redesign Feedback: Enhancement requests

danbambridge

[41]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 89
    One thing I hadn't realised was gone was the blog header, I thought that was quite a good idea when they brought it in and now it's gone. I'd rather they got rid of the about me pic and then moved the gender/email bit down so that a blog header could fit across the top quite nicely.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

expatriot

[42]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 53
    Why do we need two links to 'preferences'??

There's one on the left in your dashboard and there's still the old one top right. Plus it would have been nice if the preferences window was simply opened in the main page and not have a pop-up window (with a fixed size, so that people have to scroll down to even see the 'save changes' button).

In the same vein:

Clicking your user name top right and the "my profile" link both lead to the same page. There's no need for duplicate links. This site is already difficult to navigate, duplicate links only make it more confusing !!

danbambridge

[43]Sep 19, 2008
    There's actually three links to the same page in that tiny little box because clicking on your avatar will take you to your profile as well...

danbambridge

[44]Sep 19, 2008
    Is it me or is there no way of viewing someone else's level percentage? I can only see their level name and rank but no percentage.

dmarex

[45]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 103
    danbambridge wrote:
    Is it me or is there no way of viewing someone else's level percentage? I can only see their level name and rank but no percentage.
    Yup, I can't see it either.

Finalsequel

[46]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 30
    I don't know if this counts as an enhancement, but I'll put it here anyways. In the About Me section on the profile it now lists your name as your username. Isn't this kind of redundant? If you click on someone's username in the forums or anywhere else on the site you should know whose profile your visiting. Also, right above the About Me section is lists the username(ex: Finalsequelrofile) and then on the left hand side it once again lists your username in the stats box.

Angus_Mac

[47]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 71
    It's as redundant as your blog and your blog archive.

I originally posted this in bugs but wasn't sure if that was intentionally changed to be de-emphasized, but even though we know how many user-submitted links, forum posts, ratings, and tags our friends have, we can't see each others SUBMISSION STATS anymore?? That needs to be put back towards the top of the About Me, at least the total accepted and pending if you want to stay positive.

sinar121

[48]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    agree with others:

option to go back to previous design, or allow customize personal color scheme

view someone else's level percentage somewhere

About Me - Contributions:
    drop # of posts read (who cares? - that's not a contribution)
    add back # of submissions the user has

dju010

[49]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 88
    dmarex wrote:
    danbambridge wrote:
    Yup, I can't see it either.

It's gone with the entire stats. Something we were asked and we all told we want to keep the stats. I remember exactly. Now they are gone anyways. It's disappointing.

gmvail23

[50]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 50
    I'd like to see submission status added back into the about me info. I like being able to see how many submissions people have made, it's faster to see where you are at that way too.

[51]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 21
    please remove the clutter of duplicated buttons and features. At the moment, there are too many ways to add a review. Two should be enough, one in the list of reviews and one on the episode/show main page. Oh and get those edit buttons back!

EJamison

[52]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 17
    When we reply (or quote, quick or otherwise), after we submit, we are placed at our new post. But many new posts could have been added since. There should be a new button that returns us to the post where we hit the reply button.

They claimed they made navigation easier. This would be a way to make good on that claim. I would put the button under the timestamp on the new post.

dju010

[53]Sep 20, 2008
    Adding cast is now worse than ever!!!!
    We didn't like the jumping down when adding a new person in the submission system introduced in summer - now it got even worse!!!
    Now I have to switch pages every time I add another cast member. I have shows where like 50 people appear in a single episode! To staff: have you ever tested how long that takes to add?
    PLEASE, PLEASE redesign it back to what it was - one page, even if it has to be with the jumping down. But please, please, please, please, please remove that switching pages design.

dmarex

[54]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 103
    The sad thing is that they just won't do that. Won't. Just because it already happen. I guess it's hard for them to admit a mistake. But I definitely wouldn't say anything if they reverted everything back. I'd be happy enough to forget about this ugly experience. But sadly, I realize that they will NEVER go back to 2.0. It's done. And now we have to deal with it.

dju010

[55]Sep 20, 2008
    You're right. Then again, they need to come up with something entirely new. I don't care, but it can't stay as it is now. It just can't!

Mac-Ale

[56]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 60
    It is a bit of the worst of all worlds right now. It seems that whenever a fix is made, it'll probably be based on the TV.com v2.5 "Slide and Glide" form, with a hopefully fixed "Import Wizard".

I have a feeling the good old checkbox form has been magnetically over-written.

layle1

[57]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 72
    dju010 wrote:
    Adding cast is now worse than ever!!!!
    We didn't like the jumping down when adding a new person in the submission system introduced in summer - now it got even worse!!!
    Now I have to switch pages every time I add another cast member. I have shows where like 50 people appear in a single episode! To staff: have you ever tested how long that takes to add?
    PLEASE, PLEASE redesign it back to what it was - one page, even if it has to be with the jumping down. But please, please, please, please, please remove that switching pages design.

I'd like to add my voice to the plea. Having to reselect what you want to do (add, edit, delete, import) between each action is a staggering waste of time.

Additionally, reordering is a joke. The size of each person's line has been doubled, at least. I have five showing in my screen, as opposed to double digits in the last version -- which still wasn't enough, but at least more workable. Why can't you just eliminate pictures from the reordering page entirely? Pictures are helpful when choosing which ID to add in the cast list, but worthless in reordering and use up valuable space. A single line, the height of the font is more than adequate for the job, and would allow the editor to see, in some cases. the complete cast/guest/crew lists while reordering.

One last item for reordering: please bring back the ability to assign the order numbers. I don't like the drag and drop with large cast and crew lists, it takes too long to get to the top of the page.

mp34mp

[58]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    Alright, these are my suggestions / quips:

Too much white!!! The backgrounds needs some color, whether it'd be grey, light blue or what, but all this white hurts my eyes! I know it would be asking too much if users could somehow pick their own individual display colors. There's way too much dead space on the forum. The s/n, avatar, level, rank, posts area has way too much unused space. The old wider forum system worked better. Plus on quoting on comments, if a certain amount of text is reached, I have to keep pressing the Page Down key because the text disappears due to space limitations.

When visiting my profile, I miss being able to see all of my contact's blogs & how many comments are there.

The PM system seems to be buggy right now, it keeps saying I have some when I don't.

kuja_killer

[59]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 1

Yea I have a request to make if I may. Personally i absolutely hate the whole entire website's "new look" whenever it started in the past few days (i know it wasn't this way when i came here last saturday morning) ...And i was very upset when I was going to look at the episode guide for Yugioh 5D's this morning after seeing the newest episode...that there was some sort of "top 10 episode" thing at the very top right side of of this website that showed a bunch of episode names and I regret seeing the names of them getting spoiled.

Back in the website's original regular format, I was able to very slowly scroll the screen down a tiny bit at a time only stopping the momment i'd see no further than what im looking for specifically to not get spoiled....but now that they added more information to the right side of the screen....it's like im forced to take spoilers...and i do not like that.

So my request is if there could please be an option within the account browing prefrences section to have the option of going back to the normal website's look and design instead of this new one. (just only within a registered users account)....

mp34mp

[60]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 16
    TheDiamondDog wrote:
    I can't edit my message for some reason, but also want to say this.

In the forums, the ads at the side seem to have lile pop ups, and when I try to go into a thread, I end up clicking on the ad when it pops out. That gets kinda annoying.

You're getting pop-ups, Mel? Aren't you using FireFox?