Forums: Redesign Feedback: Enhancement requests

Genetic_Code

[61]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 14

I miss the chart that broke down the categories of your show. It looked like this chart:

Edited on 09/21/2008 4:25am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sesho2022

[62]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 47
    I want the old rating sliders back. The new ones are buggy and won't record my rating without a fight (plus I want smaller increments than .5 to do a proper rating).

Get rid of the user profile portal page with the spacing deactivated in the blog previews. It turned my poem into a run-on sentence. Why should we have an extra page to navigate? One page previously did the trick.
    Edited on 09/21/2008 5:47am

sesho2022

[63]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 47
    The new forum format is awful. The whole emphasis is on the user and their image, rather than the post itself because the user image is on top and HUGE! This makes it very hard to read a thread. Please go back to the old format!

teenage_fanatic

[64]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 25
    Well... if we're stuck with this stupid design, i have one thing that i would really like to be changed.

I'd like to have our blog headers back please!

luisfearn

[65]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 4

It´s hard to discern the elements on a page from each other. The design is too bright and jumbled.The light look doesn´t work for largely text-based sites like this, were the pages are busy by default.

In combination with the poor font choices, it makes the site look cheap and old-fashioned, which I´m guessing is the opposite of what was intended. I would like to see darker blues and greys to make this design work.

Why not give us the option of a dark skin? Please?

Charlie183

[66]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 17

Well first i have to say a possibility to choose the background color would be great... or at least something else than white.. but yeah i know most people said that already...

on thing i'd additionally want is the number of people who already voted for an episode... there is a counter for the voting of the whole show, but none for a single episode... i sometimes cosider watching reruns of episodes by how good or bad they are voted and i think it's pretty important if an episode has for example a "10" voted by 3 or 500 people... that's not too much to ask, is it ?!

well in all the other cases i like the new design... despite being too bright it at least is more colorful which is pretty nice.. and it's a lot more modern... so keep up the good work and don't let yourself get pushed down by all the people who are just mocking...

cutieflutie1216

[67]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 50
    1. Oh, the whiteness.
    -I think the best solution would be to provide a setting in each user's preferences to choose the site's background color...
    2. Bigger or bolder text
    3. Make the English, Canadian, and Australian versions optional and open to all users
    -On a side note, apparently New Zealand is in Australia and England is on GMT...
    4. Make our small user icons in the user bar in the top right-hand corner a smaller version of our icons, not just a small portion of our icons
    5. Automatic/required previewing of submissions
    6. Choosing if you want your blog posted on either Gamespot, Movietome, TV.com... or a combination
    7. Dragging (and saving) all boxes in our profiles, not just About Me, Reviews, and Blogs
    8. 100x100 user icons
    9. The ability to move items between Notes and Trivia
    10. Allowing more than 5 options as answer in a forum poll. Come on, sometimes you need a few more.
    11. Remove The Real Housewives of Orange County emblems
    12. Add an "I Survived the Redesign" emblem
    13. Remove the overall show score from the individual episode pages... it's too confusing
    14. Allow more than one Favorite Show and Favorite Person in profiles, and the ability to choose them ourselves
    15. Add a people counter for episode scoring
    16. Have an option to view an actor's credits in chronological order
    17. Allow Summary Pages for show guides to list more than five stars
    18. Condense the user's info bar on forum posts... there's way too much dead space
    19. I know some will disagree, but I thought it might be fun to have a quizzes section for People and Show Guides. Quizzes could be made be all users, with an option to report incorrect info.
    20. Add a "Currently Watching List" on profile page
    21. Update all contribution points and levels live (I know, I'm a dreamer)
    22. List episode titles for recurring roles in the People Guides
    23. For the Fresh Forums, list which forum the thread is from...
    24. On the Show Summary Pages, list number of episode and/or number of seasons in the "Airs next, Status, Premieres, and Show Categories" box.
    25. On our dashboards, Recent Friends Review, add what they reviewed along with the title...
    26. Add blog titles, not just who posted them, in My Feed
    27. Credit Special Guest Stars and Cameos before Guest Stars, so the more important roles aren't hidden away in the "show all" link
    Edited on 09/22/2008 4:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Mac-Ale

[68]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 60
    I like the idea of quizzes, TVRage has them and I'd like to make quizzes for the old programs I edit.

greenberry26

[69]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 50
    Basically, all I want to see is the old site with the light blue. The light blue is the only thing I've seen that I've liked so far with the new format. A lot of good things from the old format were removed, as most of the other users have noted.

dju010

[70]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 88
    I have to repeat myself. But it's so important in my eyes, so it can't be said enough:
    the cast/crew form needs a major change again. We can't work with it. It's too difficult.

TheOldBill

[71]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 94

Absolutely. The new interface seems even more poorly-designed than the July 2007 version, which has proved cumbersome and awkward to use, and increases the chances of duplicate IDs being created. I understand that it looks great: it's just hell to use. Our fears are that, when developers fix the many bugs and get it working the way they think it should, it will still be much more difficult to use than any previous submissions interface. These forms desperately need new insights, preferably from someone who has actually had to add, edit or delete cast or crew on a regular basis.

Stefan1970

[72]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 17

Angus_Mac wrote:
    *Review Scores limited to 0.5 increments. Must hit RESET first and then score again. Undo that, and allow sliding on the fly. This is unintuitive.

I agree especially with this one... The Review Scores is horrible! I much prefer the previous version where we could put in increments of 0.1.

more_ncis_now

[73]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 58
    Could we please have the option to turn off the 'Fresh Forums' section on the right (or at least choose what we *don't* want to see, because I've just been spoiled on a show that I'm behind on (even though I'm on the UK layout and it's a US show) and that really annoys me. I intentionally avoid the forums for the shows that I'm behind on, and although the thread title in question is not, of itself, a spoiler....it's a spoiler to me....which I could easily have avoided if it wasn't thrown in my face on a non-show related forum.

jenflower

[74]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    sesho2022 wrote:
    I want the old rating sliders back. The new ones are buggy and won't record my rating without a fight (plus I want smaller increments than .5 to do a proper rating).

I agree about getting the old sliders back. Very buggy and difficult to actual lock in a score.
    I would very much like to be able to see the numbers change as I am using the slider. The smiley graphics don't mean much to me. I want to see the actual score I am giving as I am giving it...not after the fact. I end up giving the wrong score and basically have to reset it to get the score I want to give.

fishandcushion

[75]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 1

What was wrong with the old design?

The new design is OK I suppose, but unless the UK Site only policy is changed to allow access to USA site I will be deleting tv.com from my favourites. I see no point in making this site localised, information on local TV already exists. Many of us only visited tv.com for the U.S content etc.

The new site sucks!

TheOldBill

[76]Sep 26, 2008
    You should be aware that Jaxiecracks promised us a fix for this... some time before you registered with the site.

TheOldBill

[77]Sep 26, 2008

Enhancements I'd like to see include these hangovers from v2.0/2.5.

Story and teleplay credits to be shown separately from writer credits on the episode overview page.

Cameo and Special Guest Star roles to be displayed on the episode overview page.

The Episode Guide view to show writers, directors and guests… in the order in which they appear in the episode overview.

The [guide] link (on search results in cast/crew submission forms) to show guest star, writer or director credits where these are held.

Recurring Role credits on people guides to be broken down by episode.

A single sort page for all of an episode's cast (stars, recurring roles and guest stars). A single sort page for all of an episode's writers, directors and crew.

Ability to add 19thC dates of birth and death to people guides.

I'd also like to see a resolution of the legacy guest star credits issue that has been with us since developers attached these to summary level in July 2007. Ideally, staff would break these associations. Alternatively, we need to be able to edit and/or delete these credits, when the character names are wrong, when they relate to actors and roles classified as recurring, or when they are attached to gestalt IDs.

Edited on 09/26/2008 5:34pm

more_ncis_now

[78]Sep 26, 2008
    I still long for a 'select all' checkbox on the cast/crew forms to make deletions/edits easier.

Actually I long for the old cast/crew forms back - the ones that had checkboxes I could aim for - but I'll settle for a select all box.

I would also like to see the option to add a new person hidden or clearly marked up. I know this has been mentioned a few times, but when I was adding cast earlier I very nearly used the boxes (which would have created a duplicate guide) because they weren't clearly marked up...

more_ncis_now

[79]Oct 11, 2008
    This one's not a bug, more of a request, so I'm using this thread.

When I'm using the add cast/crew forms, I can not hit the correct "Commit" button to submit my changes. This is nothing to do with my ability (I hope!). The problem is that I can quite easily find the bright blue button that you use to open up the comments box on the cast/crew forms, but the button to actually submit the sub is, well, not even a button - it's just words underneath the text box.

Pretty please can you make the commit changes 'button' colourful - or even just more button-like - so that I can find it without hitting the blue button for a second time...every...single...time? I'm starting to annoy myself by hitting the blue one to "submit" my sub and nothing happens.

There are no instructions on the cast/crew page telling you that you don't hit the big blue commit button to submit...that you need to click the tiny white 'commit changes' button, so I wonder how many people hit the blue commit button for a second time (after adding their comments) and give up when nothing happens?

Or maybe it's just me...

expatriot

[80]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 53
    Is it possible to devise a way for the old tags to be automatically converted to the new ones??

I wanted to edit an existing quote and had to manually replace all the bold tags with strong tags. Not really user friendly at all