Forums: Redesign Feedback: Official Reported Bugs List - FIXES 6/11

Darkknight313

[21]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 28
    I just found a glitch I can't edit a review.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mini2z

[23]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 41
    SG The contributors on CSI: Miami has five multiple contributors that don't exist = http://www.tv.com/csi-miami/show/8460/summary.html I just noticed that CSI: NY is the same only there are 6 duplicates there in the contributor list
    Edited on 10/10/2008 8:53am

Jaxiecracks

[24]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 41
    Sesho, I did some testing on the guide, and still can't replicate the error. Assuming you don't have any other dupes to deal with on the guide now, let's leave this bug until it comes up again.

Darkknight313, to edit your review, go to the guide and click "add review". While it looks like it's asking you to write a whole new review, whatever you write there will replace your existing review. If it's just a minor change you need to make, copy your existing review into that box, then make your change.

mini2z, this issue is incorporated into TC1. I'll edit the list above to reflect that, even though it doesn't exactly relate to TCs.

Everyone else, thanks for continuing to report issues. However, for the sake of consistency and organization, let's use the rest of the forum and the other bug thread to report *first* instances of *redesign* bugs. If you're not sure if other users are experiencing the same issue, please start a new thread (after searching the existing threads) or check the Reporting Bugs thread. If the bug is not associated with the redesign/was occurring before the redesign (such as the stuck profile views counter), please report it in the Technical Support Board.

Once you've corroborated with other users that the issue is indeed a bug and associated with the redesign, please post in this thread with a link to the original discussion.

Thanks!
    Edited on 10/10/2008 11:44am

sesho2022

[26]Oct 10, 2008
    • level: 47
    Jaxiecracks wrote:
    Sesho, I did some testing on the guide, and still can't replicate the error. Assuming you don't have any other dupes to deal with on the guide now, let's leave this bug until it comes up again.

Sure Jaxie--It's not often that an entire guide needs renumbering and has duplicates.

AprilFox

[27]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 109

When I click on the sponsored sites ie. Google ads nothing happens the advertising sites with the pictures work but not the lower sponsored sites. (Yes I'm always curious about what they're selling). The other problem is getting Duplicate to show up in the search when looking for a person. ie. I added duplicate to the second account of Linda Evans and it doesn't show up in the adds or search. You have to go to the actual account itself to see.

Can you specify which links you're clicking on (i.e., on what page)? I tried clicking on some of the sponsored links, and they acted as expected.

The search issue predates the redesign, and I'm guessing might be linked to the issue with new person guides not showing up in search. There's something wonky with the search results updating in real time with the databases.
    Edited on 10/13/2008 2:12pm

more_ncis_now

[28]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 58
    To expand on the problem mentioned by April, some duplicates are getting updated in the search and some are not. I added duplicate tags to some guides a week ago and I'm running back through them now to switch the credits & some of the guides do have the tag in the search, but the majority do not.

AprilFox

[29]Oct 11, 2008
    Not sure if this one has already been addressed but when I'm entering crew/writer/director if I have one person who has several credits for directing, writing, producing the first one is accepted but when I try to add it as director the name totally disappears. I have to do a new search on the same name in order to be able to list it as another credit. Before I was able to amend the original add to include producer, director, writer. I'm not sure how often this happens to other people but in my guides it's a staple.

more_ncis_now

[30]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 58
    UP21 - Forum post history will not show an excerpt of the post if the first part of the post is a link unless you start your link with www. instead of http://www. screenshot (tested it)

Added to the list

F11 - Where the name of a show has an apostrophe in it, the forum's page header shows the show name with a backslash after the apostrophe. screenshot.

This looks like part of the historic/inconsistent apostrophe problem, and probably isn't directly associated with the redesign.

F12 - Forum posts will not allow you to type a backslash. I tried to type out an example of the above problem using a backslash & it won't stick. I also tried using the HTML code (& #92 ; without spaces) and the post stripped that too.

Are you using the WYSIWYG for this? I was able to test some forum topics with backslashes and forward slashes for good measure, and didn't run into any problems
    Edited on 10/13/2008 2:19pm
    Edited 6 total times.

_Islander_

[31]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 31
    Jaxiecracks wrote:
    S14 - Guides with no editor have a phantom missribs editor. FIXED

Not quite - take Aquila, for example. I would guess it has something to do with the fact that the show had an editor, who retired, leaving the guide editor-less (as no one else 'qualified' to become editor). In this case, missribs mysteriously has exactly the same number of points as Mafeu, the retired editor, again suggesting that this is the link.
    Edited on 10/11/2008 2:23pm

_Islander_

[32]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 31
    _Islander_ wrote:
    Jaxiecracks wrote:
    S14 - Guides with no editor have a phantom missribs editor. FIXED

Not quite - take Aquila, for example. I would guess it has something to do with the fact that the show had an editor, who retired, leaving the guide editor-less (as no one else 'qualified' to become editor). In this case, missribs mysteriously has exactly the same number of points as Mafeu, the retired editor, again suggesting that this is the link.

Also, more worringly, look at Cybergirl, where missribs is listed as being a retred editor with the same number of points as me.

Also see Half Way Across..., where she's an editor with 10 points.

Also see Kyle XY, where she's listed twice as a retired editor.

Looks like this problem isn't as 'FIXED' as you'd like to think.

It should be noted that wherever she appears, her name isn't actually given, and her avatar is corrupted, but her avatar does in fact link through to her account, so it is her.

Incorporated in TC1
    Edited on 10/13/2008 2:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RedSoxFan274

[33]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 14
    Some threads that have polls in them are inconsistent--the poll doesn't always show up...

AprilFox

[34]Oct 12, 2008
    Disappearing rating for show and episodes. I had to twice after I had originally added a score to the new show LIFE ON MARS which disappeared the next day. I added it again, I will check tomorrow to see if it stays a third time.

turtle4apple

[35]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 22
    Are we no longer allowed to use the b and i tags anymore? That needs to come back. I can't use the strong and em tags because I'm not used to them.
    Edited on 10/12/2008 2:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kdtfiles

[36]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 23
    On blogs, I can't read all the comments, it shows there are say 30 comments by I can only see the first 20, and the "Next" button don't work. I'm getting tired of having to go to MovieTome, or GameSpot just to see the next page of comments!!!!

See item UP2; this has been reported and is being worked on
    Edited on 10/13/2008 2:23pm

dju010

[37]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 88
    turtle4apple wrote:
    Are we no longer allowed to use the b and i tags anymore? That needs to come back. I can't use the strong and em tags because I'm not used to them.

Well the official word is we'll never get them back again. So you have to learn xHTML one way or another...

SPDShadowRanger

[38]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 72
    I didn't see this, but on episode pages, when you go to click the next episode button, the url and name of the previous episode appears, although the link still takes you to the next episode.

fireballil

[39]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 62
    turtle4apple wrote:

Why were the b and i tags removed? I think it is much easier to use them than the 'strong' and 'em': fewer keystrokes. Why were they removed in the first place?