Forums: Redesign Feedback: Official Reported Bugs List - FIXES 6/11

jekyll

[61]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 86

Reporting a new bug I've noticed that is new since site redesign and I've not seen mentioned anywhere else:

When using the import form, it seems if the first character in a name is a quotation mark, it does not appear on the import screen. For me this is occuring with The New Adventures of Old Christine, which has characters of "Old" Christine Campbell and "New" Christine Hunter. While all other character names pop up with the actors who play them, these two names do not, with the field simply left blank.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TheOldBill

[62]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 94

123home123: I've not come across the first problem, and I am regularly adding and editing cast and crew. As regards your second post, this is just a display issue. Character names are no longer shown against existing entries on the editor approval form, but the submissions can be approved as normal: no changes will be made to the entries that the contributor is not editing.

jekyll: the truncation of character names from any quotation mark when importing predates the redesign. It's an old issue dating, I think, form the introduction of the import wizard in July 2007. It was referred to indirectly in this thread when we had a related problem with the truncation of character names with a single quotation mark or apostrophe.

Edited on 10/17/2008 11:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

TVTome_Shadow

[63]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 68
    EQ5 - Links to view conflicting submissions from other users in the queue redirect to the homepage rather than the other users' submissions due to the group/submission ID numbers missing from the URL.

Added
    Edited on 10/20/2008 12:34pm

more_ncis_now

[64]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 58
    The 'All Tags' link does not work from show & person guides - it takes you to a blank page rather than showing a list of tags.

Added to the list
    Edited on 10/20/2008 12:27pm

Brunete20

[65]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 63

When retiring from a guide, you are no longer prompted to click yes or no when it asked if you sure you want to retire. Once you click the retire button, you're retired. Before there used to be a little safeguard if you accidently hit the button, now it's instant.

Added
    Edited on 10/20/2008 12:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

more_ncis_now

[66]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 58
    On the episode submission form, 'characters' is spelt incorrectly - Screenshot

Added
    Edited on 10/20/2008 12:51pm

sonja42

[67]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    I can't remove my favorites, when i press the button it just refreshes the page and the show is still there.

pikastatic100

[68]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 48
    sonja42 wrote:
    I can't remove my favorites, when i press the button it just refreshes the page and the show is still there.

Same here, it seems that everyone has this problem. A lot of people have been reporting it.

AndreaMSkate

[70]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 49
    I hope the forum moderation abilities are restored to editors soon...
    Edited on 10/21/2008 6:58pm

purplewowies

[71]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    The hot topics are now being flagged for me. Is this fixed?
    Edited on 10/22/2008 2:30pm

Jaxiecracks

[73]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 41
    Yep, hot topics are now being flagged (looks like we never put that on the master list), and episode renumbering should also be working now.

Added the double guest-star entries in the reordering form to the list as S7

ravenswood13

[74]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 43
    Jaxiecracks wrote:
    Yep, hot topics are now being flagged (looks like we never put that on the master list)...

Perhaps it should be. I've got threads that are marked hot that have not been active since March!

pikastatic100

[75]Oct 23, 2008
    ravenswood13 wrote:
    Jaxiecracks wrote:
    Yep, hot topics are now being flagged (looks like we never put that on the master list)...

Perhaps it should be. I've got threads that are marked hot that have not been active since March!

Exactly, a thread that hasn't gotten a post since Sept. 28 has the "Hot" symbol, and a thread that's really popular doesn't. The "Hot" symbol is a bit distracting for me, as well, but I guess I'll get used to it...

EDIT HOURS LATER: ...you've got to be kidding me... I just found a thread that was marked with the "Hot" symbol... and it hasn't been active since JANUARY 4, 2006!!!
    Edited on 10/23/2008 8:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

AuntArlene

[76]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 24
    The Hot symbol has actually made the forums more difficult to decipher. It was difficult enough as it was to find the end of the pinned topics. Now the Hot topics blur the line.

pikastatic100

[77]Oct 24, 2008
    AuntArlene wrote:
    The Hot symbol has actually made the forums more difficult to decipher. It was difficult enough as it was to find the end of the pinned topics. Now the Hot topics blur the line.

That makes two of us...

Hoeech

[78]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 66
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    sonja42 wrote:

Same here, it seems that everyone has this problem. A lot of people have been reporting it.

Reporting anything doesn't seem to matter anymore. It has been 5 weeks since the repairs on this lemon of a version began and the progress has gone from a trickle to stopped cold. There haven't been any significant problems addressed since this mess started. There are some issues which the users have found tricks to get around (i.e. manually changing the "flag=" number in the address bar to reorder something other than the main cast list), but the core problems remain. Even this list hasn't been updated in 9 days as of this posting. I'm sure the staff are pounding away at the problems on this site, but the lack of progress is truly disheartening.

angelandspike

[79]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 66
    P3 - The Ignore User feature does not function. It returns a Java Script error. I've tested it in Firefox 3.0.1 and IE 6.

F12 - You no longer receive the html not well formatted error for mismatched tags in forum posts. Example: If you use the strong tag as the opening tag and accidentally use the em tag for the closing tag, the posts goes through and everything after the strong tag is bold because it's not closed.

Added to the list
    Edited on 10/27/2008 11:15am
    Edited 2 total times.

ArlovskiFTW

[80]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 9
    UP 16 has been going on for ever. I really want to clean out a lot of my favorites because I'm losing track of which shows are currently airing. I'm to the point where I only come on this site lately to check if the problem has been resolved. This doesn't seem like the type of bug that takes two months to fix. Thanks for reading my vent.