Forums: Redesign Feedback: Official Reported Bugs List - FIXES 6/11

Jaxiecracks

[81]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 41
    New fixes!

- Edit cast link on show's main page no longer redirects to homepage.
    - Editing person trivia and quotes now working from Trivia + Quotes page.
    - Existing character names/crew details now showing in moderation queue for edit cast/crew subs.
    - Aliases showing on person guides.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AprilFox

[82]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 109
    I was unable to edit an episode summary yesterday afternoon (5pm EST). I would make the changes and submit/commit and the screen did not move. Yet if I look at the episode again, it has been edited. HUH. This morning I am unable to add an episode (sorta) what happens is this I click commit and the screen remains the same it doesn't move so I click again thinking I must not have clicked commit and again nothing, so I go to the summary and back into the episode list and there is the episode now listed twice because I clicked twice yet nothing budged from my original submitting page. HUH.

sfaberge

[83]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 21
    AprilFox wrote:
    I was unable to edit an episode summary yesterday afternoon (5pm EST). I would make the changes and submit/commit and the screen did not move. Yet if I look at the episode again, it has been edited. HUH. This morning I am unable to add an episode (sorta) what happens is this I click commit and the screen remains the same it doesn't move so I click again thinking I must not have clicked commit and again nothing, so I go to the summary and back into the episode list and there is the episode now listed twice because I clicked twice yet nothing budged from my original submitting page. HUH.

Same here, the page displayed as an error when I clicked "submit" but checking my submission status, it had submitted. Accidentally submitted the same thing a couple times - sorry!

Jaxiecracks

[84]Oct 31, 2008
    nilla_chelle01 has reported this one -- thanks!

Hoeech

[85]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 66
    AprilFox wrote:

I had the same problem, but I was ading an episode at the time. As a result, I had added the same episode 6 times. Yeeeesh!

cutieflutie1216

[86]Nov 1, 2008
    • level: 50
    Shouldn't F1 be marked as FIXED?

Jaxiecracks

[87]Nov 3, 2008
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Shouldn't F1 be marked as FIXED?

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out!

AprilFox

[88]Nov 4, 2008
    Not sure if this has been pointed out already but it's been around since the change happened. I edit alot of deceased people and there date of death is no longer in their details showing. I personally don't like the way the person guides look, they all look empty. And that the quotes aren't there either unless you click on trivia. I think that the person guides should be improved alot because right now they are the second worst looking thing (right after the episode guides without cast/crew etc details displaying).

Writerpatrick

[89]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    A minor issue I've seen is that it's possible to sit at 100% in a level.
    i.e.:
    level: 6 (100%)

(Theoretically, that would be level 7, wouldn't it?)
    Just a little confusing.

more_ncis_now

[90]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 58
    The site rounds up the percentage of your level, so if you're on 99.7% of a level it will show as 100%. There was previously a way to see the real percentage, but since the percentage bar on our profiles was removed as part of the redesign, we can no longer view the real percentage.

poulters

[91]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    i would like to make a suggestion on the movies listed for "whats on today" highlight any of the new series or old ones starting back up.

kyravon

[92]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 25

I had the same problem of not being able to edit a summary (using IE6 on a PC). Switched to Firefox3 & was able to do it.

Now I'm not able to edit a review I added (I tried going out to see all my reviews, tried also going back to that episode and seeing all the reviews.) no option to edit shows. (again, this is using FIrefox3 on a PC)

Hoeech

[93]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 66
    The reordering tool is working perfectly in episodes [HAPPINESS AND JOY!! ] but we still have to overwrite the "flag=" part of the URL when we want to reorder the main cast or crew for the show.
    Edited on 11/07/2008 4:43pm

Avearia

[94]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    I tried updating my profile page to actually show a picture and description, but it isn't doing anything. I don't know if it's being slow, or what, but it's really bugging me. Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but: when I go to read other people's reviews, (ALL of their reviews they've ever made,) I don't see a "next" OR "Previous" button at the bottom of the page. I don't know if it's missing or if it was never there to begin with; but if it wasn't, that's kind of silly, seeing as how if there's multiple pages, I would want to move to the next page AFTER I read what's on the page. The next button should be on the bottom of the page, not just the top.

Brunete20

[95]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 63

E4 - Retiring from a guide doesn't prompt a confirmation/warning message ("Are you sure you want to retire?"); retirement goes straight through

Can be marked fixed now. Thanks.

lisagraham

[96]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 30

Show Guides - when submitting episode summaries the item is submitted twice... Sever other people haveing same problem (See Reporting Bugs )

This is not a problem if I am submitting to someone else's guide as they can just accept one and not the duplicate, but for my guides I have duplicate episodes that I cannot delete.

more_ncis_now

[97]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 58
    I've tried to change my rating on a bunch of my shows, and NCIS and CSI's old ratings are sticking. For some amendments I used the slider, for others I used the URL option. The rating has changed on the show page, but on the favourites box in my profile the rating has not changed:

My profile's favourite shows box shows NCIS as a 10.0 and CSI as a 9.4.

The show page for NCIS shows my rating as a 9.5.

The show page for CSI shows my rating as an 8.9.

I've tried numerous times, and I've waited for the daily update (which didn't seem to apply to the other shows I changed which showed updates immediately) but the scores won't change in my favourite shows box.

pikastatic100

[98]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 48
    more_ncis_now wrote:
    I've tried to change my rating on a bunch of my shows, and NCIS and CSI's old ratings are sticking. For some amendments I used the slider, for others I used the URL option. The rating has changed on the show page, but on the favourites box in my profile the rating has not changed:

My profile's favourite shows box shows NCIS as a 10.0 and CSI as a 9.4.

The show page for NCIS shows my rating as a 9.5.

The show page for CSI shows my rating as an 8.9.

I've tried numerous times, and I've waited for the daily update (which didn't seem to apply to the other shows I changed which showed updates immediately) but the scores won't change in my favourite shows box.

That's happened to me, as well, but only with the shows I've done a review on. I think that if you change your score for a particular show you've done a review on, the score on your review doesn't change, and neither does the score in the favorite shows box. But if you change the score of a show you haven't done a review on, the score in the favorite shows box changes right away.

AprilFox

[99]Nov 10, 2008
    I had trouble adding crew when I accidently clicked on the ad "Multitasking Intel" and it ran on opening up 37 times until I was able to shut down the application. Another problem with the crew section is I had to enter 28 crew names and I made a mistake on one of them I clicked to edit that didn't work so I clicked to delete it and it would not accept it. Again I had to accept the incorrect entry I didn't want to list the others all over again and went back to delete it. This is so confusing and taxing when will these everyday working problems be fixed. Duplicate accounts aren't showing up as such (in some cases not all) and adding a name takes days to finally show up, making it difficult to backtrack all the previous work to find where that name is also needed. It's never ending and I really don't see much if any progress being made.

Angus_Mac

[100]Nov 10, 2008
    • level: 71
    Yes, I totally agree we need that ability to fix added entries and disable any ad window popping, link jumping, form closing, and incorrect defaults! If you're having to add 28 cast or crew names, you don't want to be clicking something and have it jump away.

I also get the bug where it opens new windows until it saturates at 50 screens, and I can't close them otherwise they spawn more. I then have to logoff before it spawns again. Not sure what to do about that.