TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Forums: Redesign Feedback: Official Reported Bugs List - FIXES 6/11

more_ncis_now

[121]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 58
    I am quite possibly blind, but I can't see a way to access your uploaded videos. I do remember that prior to the redesign, video uploads were mentioned as possibly being removed as an option, but...there's no way, from your profile, to access your existing videos (to delete them, for example).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pikastatic100

[122]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 48
    Anyone know when users will be able to submit news links again?

Catwoman87531

[123]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 55
    I noticed that when I was editing some episodes today, the never aired box was checked again by default.

TVTome_Shadow

[124]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 68
    S20 - Checking the 'never aired' box on the episode submission form doesn't automatically remove an existing airdate. All three drop-down menus have to be manually changed to -- to successfully remove an airdate.

more_ncis_now

[125]Nov 29, 2008
    The "My Stats" box on our profiles shows the correct figures under submission and review stats when on the main page of our profiles, but shows zeros under those headings when you're in the "about me" section of the profile.

pikastatic100

[126]Nov 30, 2008
    Sometimes I don't get one of those automatic PMs when someone tracks me or has become my friend. I get the PMs about 2/3 of the time, but more often lately, I haven't, which is a real pain.

Jaxiecracks

[128]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 41
    AprilFox wrote:
    Okay something new happened this morning when Episodes Videos was included to the episodes list you can no longer view single seasons (especially difficult if you have shows that have over 20 seasons to it.) And here comes the worst, if you had episodes in OTHER section that no longer exists and they have all disappeared. This is not good. As I said I have alot of seasons to upload info to and now those that weren't connected with an season yet are all gone. Again did anyone know of this change or test it ahead of time! Two of my shows had about 30 plus episodes in the OTHER section waiting to be put into a season.

I responded to this in the other thread. Please don't post the same message across multiple threads.

more_ncis_now

[129]Dec 3, 2008
    Noted this somewhere previously but it doesn't look like it made it onto the list.

The "last online" times under moderators & staff on the forums page are not accurate. See screenshot taken a few minutes ago (calendar included so you can see the current time/date)...I'm definitely here (I think ), I'm logged in and have been for about 45 minutes. The option in preferences to show my online status is set to allow the site to show when I'm online and the last online time in my profile is accurate, but as shown by the screenshot above, the time on the forums main page is not close to being accurate.

The problem isn't only affecting my last online time - it seems to be affecting everyone on that list, to varying degrees, just using myself as an example because I know what my preferences are set to and don't know which of the other mods are set to show/hide online status (and whether this makes a difference). I do know that several of the mods whose online times are from a few days ago have been around though, I've seen them on the site, so their times are definitely inaccurate, but whether this is related to their preferences or not, I'm not sure.
    Edited on 12/03/2008 3:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

mb2000

[130]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 101
    This may be related to the season drop down box in the Episode List view disappearing yesterday or it may just be me, but I'm seeing all Episode Lists upside down (first episode at the bottom etc) and still no season drop down.

TheOldBill

[131]Dec 4, 2008
    • level: 94
    mb2000 wrote:
    This may be related to the season drop down box in the Episode List view disappearing yesterday or it may just be me, but I'm seeing all Episode Lists upside down (first episode at the bottom etc) and still no season drop down.
    Work on fixing the manifold faults arising from the redesign has (apparently) stopped. Developers are now tasked with adding more new features and as such are creating new bugs and useability issues. All guides are now listed back-to-front presumably for the benefit of those liable to be interested in new and currently-airing shows. This doesn't really belong in the redesign thread as it is a brand new mess.

gmvail23

[132]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 50
    I was looking at one my people guides and trivia is no longer showing. I checked several others and it's not showing on them either. This has happened sometime in the last few days.

Jaxiecracks

[133]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 41
    Trivia and quotes are now accessible through the Trivia and Quotes tab.

TheOldBill

[134]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 94

I note that the title in the html header of individual episodes — a hitherto unacknowledged problem — has also been restored. That's most welcome.

Angus_Mac

[135]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 71
    Jaxiecracks wrote:

So it's now a de-feature?

Please bring back the Trivia and Quotes to the person front page. With the five items and five quotes present, this inspires people to click the Trivia and Quotes tab to learn more about their favorite star. It's called a teaser (click more). If it's just stuck in Trivia and Quotes, it'll be as useless as the Videos and Pictures tabs, which doesn't apply to 99.9% of the actors out there.

Mac-Ale

[136]Dec 11, 2008
    • level: 60
    Angus_Mac wrote:
    Jaxiecracks wrote:

So it's now a de-feature?

Please bring back the Trivia and Quotes to the person front page. With the five items and five quotes present, this inspires people to click the Trivia and Quotes tab to learn more about their favorite star. It's called a teaser (click more). If it's just stuck in Trivia and Quotes, it'll be as useless as the Videos and Pictures tabs, which doesn't apply to 99.9% of the actors out there.

While I agree that videos and pictures will never apply to most people, it is actually a little more like imdb now (making you click on "more" to get trivia and quotes). Preferences will differ, I personally appreciate getting the disorganized laundry lists of favorite color, candy bar dislikes, names of pets, sports stats, preferred topping for french fries, etc. off the front page.

But since there is space, I WOULD like an imdb-like list of credits on person front pages, along with an emphasis on a professional biography. Though I doubt that's in the cards either.

But that's just me. One thing I think almost anyone would agree with is listing episodes backwards makes zero intuitive sense to most members of the species Homo sapiens.
    Edited on 12/11/2008 11:42am

pikastatic100

[137]Dec 11, 2008
    There hasn't been any fixes in more than 2 weeks... And there's still more than 100 bugs (I think) ... Sad, just sad.

mb2000

[138]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 101
    pikastatic100 wrote:
    There hasn't been any fixes in more than 2 weeks... And there's still more than 100 bugs (I think) ... Sad, just sad.

Apparently redesigning the front page, yet again, is more important than making every other page work properly.

raygoshay

[139]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    I imagine I'm not the first to comment of this, but since I cannot locate a post concerning it, I'll ask: why is it when I go to my contributions to check out my ratings, the rating numbers appear. both mine and the cumulative - but no names! A long string of unassigned numbers is pretty useless. Is there a fix?

pikastatic100

[140]Dec 18, 2008
    raygoshay wrote:
    I imagine I'm not the first to comment of this, but since I cannot locate a post concerning it, I'll ask: why is it when I go to my contributions to check out my ratings, the rating numbers appear. both mine and the cumulative - but no names! A long string of unassigned numbers is pretty useless. Is there a fix?

That problem has been around ever since I joined the site, and maybe even farther back. I created a thread asking the same question on the TV.com Technical Support Board.