Forums: Redesign Feedback: Production Code Display Redesign

Gislef

[1]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 101
    It goes back a few redesigns, but... are we ever going to be able to see production codes? Right now the only way to see them is to edit them. Which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. They're not on the main page. They're not on the recap page. Why put them in if no one can see them?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nilla_chelle01

[2]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 55
    We're still in the middle of working on episode page improvements, and we know that it's important, when redesigning the page, to include all relevant info. Please continue to include the production codes if you have that info.

Gislef

[3]Sep 30, 2012
    • level: 101
    Ah. Since it's been, what? almost a year since they disappeared, it wasn't clear if they were permanently gone or not. Given how relatively few there are, and how people will create fictional ones to fill in, they don't seem to be a critical piece of information to display.

layle1

[4]Oct 5, 2012
    • level: 72
    Gislef wrote:
    Given how relatively few there are, and how people will create fictional ones to fill in, they don't seem to be a critical piece of information to display.

I'd have to disagree with that. I liked it very much when you could see the codes in the episode lists. Right now I have a show that's airing episodes from last season as part of this season. Used to be a user could view the episode list and easily see which ones were which. Now you have to open every episode and find a note indicating the same.

It's very specific instances where it matters, but it devalues the site when they aren't available. It was one of the things that put us a leg up on IMDb where they treat TV like an ugly stepchild. You think a year is a long time to wait? (Not that it shouldn't have been better prioritized here.) Try four-five years since IMDb said they were working to add the field to the database. I hope they return here soon.

The other thing is that, even if a code looks made up, it may have been sourced from Tweets and production logs. It may not be a production code, per se, but it does indicate the filming order.