Forums: Redesign Feedback: They are taking away our blogs

danharr

[1]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 45

Well it's been announced on the main page what do you guys think? I say it's bull blogs are part of a social site so to get rid of them is ridiculous my time will be spent more on other tv sites thanks to this.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iwatchitall

[2]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 16

This is such garbage as I've put a lot of thought and time into my blog, and it's a great outlet for reviewing shows and comparing notes with others. I can't believe it, this is sad.

Maserati777

[3]Aug 23, 2012
    • level: 10

I stopped using this site regularly around the time they redesigned it. Mostly because it hurt my eyes and I couldn't figure out where anythingwas.

I have friends on here that I communicate with through blog posts, I post blogs sparingly. So with the blogs gone I can only this as TV.com shooting itself in the foot. After it was already down.

It's a shame, this site was really cool back in 2006.

Edited on 08/23/2012 5:30am

AriSky

[4]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 36

I rather liked posting a blog every once and again, say when I leveled up or when a friend became an editor or when something big was going on in life or the country or the world. It was a nice place to reflect about the happenings in our media and our community, but it seems that TV.com isn't interested in actually making all us apparent couch potatoes (as per the new logo) have to deal with each other at all, or share our thoughts about programs we have in common.

nhubi

[5]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 48
    It's terrible, this has to be the last straw. TV.com works because there is a community of people doing the work, editors, trusted, contributors. To take away the main outlet of the social space is thumbing it's nose at all of us. Why would we spend hours here keeping this site up to date when we're basically being told our opinions aren't wanted or valued.

sesho2022

[6]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 47
    I've hardly spent any time on this site since the blogs were removed. The blogs were what kept me coming back to the site and spending hours here. Now I just get my information and leave. I haven't even worked on my guides, since the blogs were removed, because the community and the heart seem gone from this site. It makes no sense! No new features are appealing if you can't blog about them!

Gibozzo

[7]Nov 9, 2012
    • level: 22
    I find it offensive.

Can someone tell me what the reasoning is?

TesserT

[8]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 76
    sesho2022 has it right by saying "the community and the heart seem gone from this site". I wasn't a blogger but I did keep up with lots of blogs & found them the best social part of tv.com. I find a disconnect without the blogs. The site used to buzz when I joined back in 2007. The heart of any site is the community conversation and now there are lists and comments to News articles which are fun but I miss the blogs & the comradery they created.

NormanSFletcher

[9]Jun 3, 2013
    • level: 10
    I would like to see the blogs return.
    I don't dislike the site now, but it does have less of a community feel and more of an data resources feel.
    I am not sure how the blogs impacted on the costs of the site, but I don't think the site could be saving much money by removing them. Further the blogs actually had information in them that was not found in the other parts of the website.

Please reconsider and reintroduce them.
    Thanks