Forums: Redesign Feedback: Vote to return to previous layout.

Should TV.com return to its previous layout?

mikeandike95

[1]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 4

I and many other users say this new layout hurts our eyes. This is compounded by the fact that this new layout is harder to use than the old layout. Finally, the old layout did not seem faulty or outdated. Therefore, I propose that TV.com should return to its previous layout or offer users an option to display the old layout.

Post your thoughts below and don't forget to vote in the poll.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Helostwin

[2]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 18
    Almost all of my friends are quitting. Everybody is exchanging E-Mail addresses and MySpace or FaceBook account info. Seriously out of 8 pages of friends THREE PEOPLE say they are definitely staying. CNET wants to force this down our throats but people are leaving in droves.

Vanture

[3]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 16
    Helostwin wrote:
    Almost all of my friends are quitting. Everybody is exchanging E-Mail addresses and MySpace or FaceBook account info. Seriously out of 8 pages of friends THREE PEOPLE say they are definitely staying. CNET wants to force this down our throats but people are leaving in droves.

It's not C|Net anymore. It's CBS now. I will vote yes as long as they enforce updates to errors.

mikeandike95

[4]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 4

This is like what would happen if Microsoft forced everyone to upgrade to Vista. It doesn't work as well as the slightly older but still modern version, it's less user friendly and the things everyone had gotten used to have disappeared overnight.

Imagine if Google or Wikipedia just all of a sudden changed their style and had NO WAY WHATSOEVER to use the older, more user friendly layout. They'd probably be BLAMMED on every tech blog ever and eventually drop to the lower reaches of internet traffic.

Apple got lucky with OS X, the one time in numerous computer industry redesigns that things have become more user friendly and then Microsoft released the STILL-in-beta cruft that is Vista.

I feel I must give this ultimatum. If TV.com does not at least offer users the option of using the old layout before September 25, 2008, I will cease all activity at this site. Who's with me, if we all get together, they can't ignore us! United we stand, divided we scratch our heads and wonder where all the buttons went.

Axrendale

[5]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    I HATE this new layout. Simple as that.

If it is even remotely possible to change back, I am all for it.

TheOldBill

[6]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 94

They can ignore us. Anyway, we're divided. If regression is on the table, I'd rather return to 30 June 2007, before they broke the submission system. Or to the day before they took away our opt-out from v2.0 in 2006. Ideally, I'd like to be able to opt out of all of the innovation since May 2005 and have a stripped-down, TVTome-style site.

jaystack

[7]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    I'm usually all for a new, clean interface, but this wasn't what I had in mind. The bright blue doesn't fit in and there is just too much white. It makes it too difficult to find what you are look for on the page. Everything runs together. I'd much rather go back to the old version. If that isn't possible, give us registered users a way to choose a theme for the site. A few different themes that the user can choose in the preferences would be nice.

atlantismonkey

[8]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 26
    Yes, return now , this layout makes no sense to me. I'm sorry designers, did you copy the myspace and livejournal layout on purpose? I loved how unique and user-freindly the old layout was. I feel so bad for the new users here, I've been here awhile and I'm lost as can be. Why did it change in the first place? I can kinda understand not doing beta testing when its not a new site, but these glitches should have never happened on the scale they did.I agree with an ultimartum, I am only going to be on here once or twice a week to check my queue ( even though its STILL not working) but I will be leaving if it stays this way, tons of other places out there to cchoose from.
    Edited on 09/18/2008 10:14pm

SuperMan919

[9]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 15
    Bring back the old layout. Nuff' said lol.

BlackCowDeath

[10]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    I want them to keep the new layout, but just fix some of the issues and maybe tone down the white. Some of you people are way to over dramatic with the leaving and crap, IT'S BRAND NEW THEY'LL GET IT WORKING JUST WAIT LIKE A WEEK!

teenage_fanatic

[11]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 25
    This new layout is HORRIBLE. I am so disappointed with TV.com. It's so suckish.. i just... eurgh. I hate especially how the profiles look, its terrible!

I was going to suggest to one of my friends to join this site, but now this is the last place i'd suggest >_>

Great move tv.com. Thanks so freaking much.

sesho2022

[12]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 47
    I think TV.com should return to the previous layout. Then they can create a Beta site for this new design and let us work out the major bugs. Then they can switch to the new design. I'm not against progress if it's functional. But this site is broken .

francklloyd

[13]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 57
    Can anyone just please explain what the improvement is supposed to be? I can only see downsides to this new version.

teenage_fanatic

[14]Sep 19, 2008
    francklloyd wrote:
    Can anyone just please explain what the improvement is supposed to be? I can only see downsides to this new version.

That's a good way of explaining it XD

nhubi

[15]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 48
    I vote for a rollback option, that way for those that like it (not me) can stay with this version and for those that don't, we get to have the user-friendly, easy to navigate, headache non-inducing site back.

Oh and BlackCowDeath it's not an over-reaction to complain about something that actually causes pain, and yes this too white layout does.

AnzaPower

[16]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    Yeah lets go protest...

Richiebcfc25

[18]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 47
    give us back our old beloved tv.com i mean why change it as they say if it aint broke why fix it but its definately broke now!

alp1981

[19]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    I don't get why people are leaving and/or considering leaving over something so trivial. It's the people that make this place great and I'm pretty sure none of them have been redesigned.

A new company bought the network and they want to put their fingerprint on it. Happens all the time. So what. I'm sure in the end the site will be better for it.

teenage_fanatic

[20]Sep 19, 2008
    alp1981 wrote:
    I don't get why people are leaving and/or considering leaving over something so trivial. It's the people that make this place great and I'm pretty sure none of them have been redesigned.

A new company bought the network and they want to put their fingerprint on it. Happens all the time. So what. I'm sure in the end the site will be better for it.

For the better? You're kidding right? What good is the people on TV.com if none of them are here because the new layout is so horrible?