Forums: Redesign Feedback: Vote to return to previous layout.

Should TV.com return to its previous layout?

Im2Crazy4U

[81]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 51
    This looks like something Treehouse of Playhouse Disney would put out. I thought this was a site for people over the age of 4. Geez.

If this layout stays, I won't be.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tribalchic

[82]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 17

its dreadful.....quite possibly the dumbest thing they could have done, unless they want to lose users.

also where can you view all of your forum posts in the same place like before?....... i've looked under contributions where they used to be and can't find them.

Edited on 09/19/2008 7:35pm

bigape2005

[83]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 10
    Wow 83% in favour of the old design. That's pretty damning really.

cjhtwo

[84]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    Please! Admit it was a bad idea and return to the old design! I won't be spending much time here as long as it's like this. If the site had been like this when I first started, I'm sure I wouldn't have stayed. I think that the people who decide when to cancel shows have moved to TV.com. Change for the sake of Change. Please!

LSUstinks11

[85]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 12

The new version is just as bad as Michael Jackson's skin-disease.

scatha_guardian

[86]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 35
    As I stated on the other thread, this redesign is horrible. Please go back to the old TV.com. The forums look like any other cheap forum on the Internet now. It is hard to read. And most of all, you have ruin our blogs. That was the main reason I joined this site. Then I stayed on for the forums and the games. Now it is all gone. Bring the old site back! ! !
    Edited on 09/20/2008 3:28pm

TVvuer69

[87]Sep 19, 2008
    • level: 58
    Count me in as well for returning the previous design. The majority white color is bad for the eyes and the site itself is more difficult to navigate. The old design was perfect the way it was and never needed any change to begin with. I've also noticed that when making submissions, they don't seem to be accepting italics and boldtype like they used to. Those need to come back, as well as font sizing and coloring.

Gislef

[89]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 101
    You can no longer use HTML to bold and italicize submissions. You have to use XHTML (strong and em, respectively). However, if you're an editor and get subs in the queue, you can just use b and i tags to fix them.

bigape2005 wrote:
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. Case in point Amazon, Google, et al.

Of course, those sites have a lot of white background too...

On the one hand, it seems a bit unnecessary to leave just over the appearance of the site.

On the other hand, TV.com changed the appearance because they believed appearance was important. So it should hardly come as a surprise that people are treating the old appearance as important too.

As for white space... *shrug* I work with word processing and layout apps every day, that are just white pages. While the previous layout didn't give me a headache, there are certainly sites out there that are uber-dark with white or yellow text that definitely cause my lobes to ringing.

Still, some color differentiation would be nice.

-----

Meanwhile, a word of advice. We have a Redesign forum. We have the general forums. If folks feel the need to direct other people here, or to a blog where you want to collect sigs for a petition, please use your sig line. The show and people forums are for... the shows and people.
    Edited on 09/19/2008 11:18pm

jekyll

[90]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 86
    while I much preferred 2.0 to 1.0, this is a step backward. Please go back to 2.0!

ali_tv_fan

[91]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    The new design is too hard to navigate, and its impossible to read most of the information because of the awful washed out colour. i would prefer the old format to this. Hardly anyone is on/active anymore because its so bad.

dmarex

[92]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 103
    Taking a look at a saved version of 2.0 just brings back so much great memories. And then I come back here and can only stand to look at it a few minutes before my eyes start hurting.

francklloyd

[93]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 57
    No, still can't get used to it. Besides bumping into bugs continuously, the pale grey text on white background discourages me to read on.

youtube_tv

[94]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 25
    this is probably the worst lay out i ever seen, it hurts my eyes and most people are leaving because of it and tv.com doesn't give a frick about it!

back to the old layout

cas1701

[95]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 8

The new layout is just plain awful and who's "bright" idea was this? As a previous poster said and a maxim to which I wholeheartedly agree " If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The previous layout looked professional and well designed. It was easy to use and most importantly for me I enjoyed coming to the site and looking at it. What on earth were they thinking!!

The first time anyone new visits a site, it is estimated that it takes the user 1/50th of a second to decide whether they want to look around. In the case of the new layout, I for one would be looking elsewhere. A website needs first and foremost to be easy on the eye, not so bright that you have to turn down your brightness control on your monitor. So come on CNET.COM/TV.COM buck up!! Give us the old site back. It was so much better.

Edited on 09/20/2008 7:00am
    Edited 2 total times.

SergeantWilson

[96]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 10
    This is New Coke all over again. (Good news: people rejected the innovation and Classic Coke had to be reintroduced.) Any other dreadful innovations you can think of?

Dawnsdinosaurs

[97]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 40
    Oh come on people. Everytime there is a change people get all uptight. Yes there will be some problems but in the long run everyone will get used to it. I happen to like what they've done with the new site. It will take some getting used to but in the end it will be better.

Pikachu_2121

[98]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 20
    I like it, just too many bugs right now

Cherish4

[100]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 13
    Hell yes, I want the old TV.COM back! I hate this new version!