Forums: Redesign Feedback: Vote to return to previous layout.

Should TV.com return to its previous layout?

qtwanderer

[141]Sep 22, 2008
    • level: 27
    It still takes awhile to load...and usually the error page comes up..so I have to refresh (it usually does the trick) then wait for it to load again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

talent_knower

[142]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 14

alp1981 wrote:
    I don't get why people are leaving and/or considering leaving over something so trivial. It's the people that make this place great and I'm pretty sure none of them have been redesigned.

If i can't use a site for the orignal pupose I joined it for, what is my point in staying, ultimatly i would like to stay, but this New Layout and having the Australian site forced down my throat, do not meet my needs.

alp1981 wrote:
    A new company bought the network and they want to put their fingerprint on it. Happens all the time. So what. I'm sure in the end the site will be better for it.

Really, Viacom brought Nickelodeon and MTV, both channels has far as I and many of my peers are concerned have nose dived rock hard into the gutter. If that is the measure of better, god help us.

Spytrx

[143]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 3

alp1981 wrote:
    I don't get why people are leaving and/or considering leaving over something so trivial. It's the people that make this place great and I'm pretty sure none of them have been redesigned. A new company bought the network and they want to put their fingerprint on it. Happens all the time. So what. I'm sure in the end the site will be better for it.

What is there not to get?

You listen to a certain band because they stand out, right? If they start to sound like every other band you'll lose interest, right? What about the marketplace? Ever thought how many people leave a certain brand because the company was bought up?

What companies don't understand is that they bought something that works - they don't need to put their 'stamp' on it, certainly not if it doesn't work. The layout and design of this site is cheap and doesn't say anything about the new owners except that they don't care and want to 'mainstream' something that was fantastic in the first place. You'll see pretty soon the visitor numbers will fall and nobody will know why. I work in the field and I try to explain that to these corporate idiots every other day - but they won't listen. They think if their site looks as another 'hip' site that makes them 'cool & in' too.

I'd leave because my system of rating things has been screwed up royally by taking away the tenth measurement - and I hate to have to wait for this site to reload every single time when I make a rating, especially if it is graphically heavy. There are people on metered bandwidth and slow connections - they certainly will leave. Besides, 86% of voters saying no can't be all wrong--

Get it now?

Edited on 09/23/2008 7:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

Katana_Stardust

[144]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 13
    My power and internet was out because of hurricane ike. I came back to this. It is disgusting. If something is not broke, you do not fix it. Now PMs are not working, the blogs are stupid, the forums look strange, things are hard to find and it is hard on the eyes. Go back to the old design

numberonecubsfa

[145]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    I've been using this site since well back into the tvtome days, and this is easily the worst layout the site has ever had. It's hard to look at, buggy, and it's completely unfair to force the users to use it. Would it be that hard to keep an option for the old style layout?

tennisrobe26

[146]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 22
    change the layout TV.com!!!!!!!!!!

FireLordZuko93

[147]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    I really hate the new layout. I could make a list on why it doesn't work for me..but I'm too lazy. So yeah, i want tv.com to change it back to the old one.

Dafoose

[148]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 19
    Bring back the wonderful original layout that once was, but is now no more! The new layout is somewhat futuristic: but it's gears and human interface links and buttons are L-A-M-E. Waayy beyond "Beta" this layout is, "gamma". If anybody wanted to improve this layout as it is now, it would be Waaayy too much work. The previous layout was nice, I never wanted a change.

Just fix the layout, whoever you are! Please bring us peace!

aj_the_kidd

[149]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 13
    I'm ok mostly with the layout, its colours which bother me the most. If there was an option to "keep the layout but definitely change the colours" then i would have choosen that. but for now i must stay on the fence.

emh_101

[150]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 1
    Well my eyes have had enough. I'm sad to say I'm moving to tvrage. The brightness with all the white is too much.

Mythdon

[151]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 7

I cannot stand the new design. I wish for it to go back to the previous one, but if tv.com makes a feature in your personal settings that allows you to pick a design and if the previous one is a choice, i will be just as happy as i would be if they changed it back to the previous one.

The reason i cannot stand the new design is because it does not seem classic like the previous one does. The previous one seemed more like tv.com than this new one does. All we can hope is that the previous design returns. TV Tome was already shut down when i started visiting tv.com back in 2007 and i joined in January 2008.

function alert(m) {}window.onbeforeunload = function() {}
    Edited on 09/25/2008 12:33am
    Edited 4 total times.

Spyrick

[152]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 35
    Much as I hate the new look, I can't vote for the return of the old design (however much I miss it) because it truly is time for a change. But the main problem is the awful whiteness, it truly hurts my eyes.

alguna

[153]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 17

There's a saying: Don't try to fix it, if it ain't broken.

TheOldBill

[154]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 94
    It was broken — check out the Technical Support forum! It would have been a good idea to fix some of the things that haven't worked since the last "upgrade" in July 2007 before rolling out a new upgrade that we knew would break even more: it's the TV.com way.

lethaljason2

[155]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    Please return to your previous layout!

It was much easier on the eyes and worked really well!

simpsonian100

[156]Sep 24, 2008

Spyrick wrote:
    Much as I hate the new look, I can't vote for the return of the old design (however much I miss it) because it truly is time for a change. But the main problem is the awful whiteness, it truly hurts my eyes.

That makes no sense. Why is it truly time for a change? If you miss the new design and don't like this one, then it would only make sense that you'd want it back.

simpsonian100

[157]Sep 24, 2008
    My eyes don't have a problem with this layout, but I still hate it! I hate most forms of change when things are fine the way they are. I never heard complaints of the previous layout, so as far as I'm concerned, it was fine the way it was, and it could've stayed that way forever. This new look is awful, and if I can find a TV website as good as this, I just may boycott this site.

mejustjustin

[158]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 17
    francklloyd wrote:
    Can anyone just please explain what the improvement is supposed to be? I can only see downsides to this new version.

Well, you could... um, no can't do that. Well, they made it so... no, didn't do that. Well, now we could... I got nothing. And our emotion faces don't change to those yellow ones.

orangemann327

[159]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 23

IMHO, this layout is (nicely) unenjoyable. So much was changed at once, the colors, how you access your blog info, etc.

Ramrom

[160]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 10
    The bugs are getting fixed now. I like this new layout anyway