Forums: Science-Fiction: Fix Points in Time

archangelwho

[1]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 18

Many Science-Fiction stories have what are called "Fix Points in Time". Theseare events that are supposed to be so important to the future that nothing can change them. One of these in many stories is the John F. Kennedy assassination. The way the Fix Point in Time theory goes I could go back in time whenOswald was 8 years old, kidnap and kill him. Still on November 23, 1963 in Dallas TX. at the Dealey Plaza at 12:30 CST Kennedy will be shot and killed. If before they started the drive I had put ahole in the tired for some reason the air would not have leaked out. Would it not be so that if there are fix points in time and no matter what is done the event will still happen as planned be proof that there is a God? Someone has to be not only in control but have so much power over events that nothing stops the event. All things are done according to God's plan and not even time travelers ot Time Lords can stop them.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zwingli4

[2]Sep 29, 2012
    • level: 16

Of course shows like Fringe say that if two different outcomes happen in time one outcome splits into another universe. Of course there is no proof of alternate universes. I agree with you and Nebuchadnezzer (Daniel chapter 4) that it is God that determines things, and since He seems to predict the future perfectly, that would make sense. I just wonder if you've ever read the book of Revelation or the book of Daniel.

archangelwho

[3]Nov 11, 2012
    • level: 18

Zwingli4 wrote:

Of course shows like Fringe say that if two different outcomes happen in time one outcome splits into another universe. Of course there is no proof of alternate universes. I agree with you and Nebuchadnezzer (Daniel chapter 4) that it is God that determines things, and since He seems to predict the future perfectly, that would make sense. I just wonder if you've ever read the book of Revelation or the book of Daniel.

Yes I have. The question was more for those who are non-believers and those who feel Christians have no place in sci-fi.