Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

thepawel69

[1]Apr 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hi all!

I need help finding the name of a mini-series part of which I've seen as a kid in the late 80's. It aired on a major network such as ABC or NBC, I'm not sure which... I believe was a weekly show, possibly on a friday or saturday night.

The description of the show shounds a lot like the 90's TV series "earth2" but it is not that show.

The show took place in the future, where Earth was facing a critical situation and could not sustain our population. A team of scientists found another planet light years away that appeared to have the same properties as Earth and a space ship was built and sent to explore this new planet.

I only saw the first couple episodes of this show/mini-series. I remember a crew similar to what you'd see on star trek, except all human, traveling a long journey to this new world. At some point, as the ship was traveling faster than light, one of the young crew members, while on helm duty, intercepted an old radio signal from earth which was broadcasting some rock music and deviated the ship off of it's course in order to keep listening to the signal.

Unfortunately, that is all I remember of this show. I'm pretty sure it aired in the mid to late 80's and was on a major network. As mentionned before, this is not "Earth2".

Thanks!

ThePawel
    Edited on 04/17/2006 9:25pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skeeter291

[2]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 60
    It sounds like a 4 part Disney tv movie from 1988 called Earth Star Voyager.
    Edited on 04/18/2006 12:28am
    Edited 2 total times.

thepawel69

[3]Apr 18, 2006
    That must be it!

Thank you SO much!!! I've been wondering what that movie was since I was a kid! My mom sent me to bed half way through the 1st episode and I've wanted to see how it ends ever since!

skeeter291

[4]Apr 18, 2006
    • level: 60
    No problem. Glad I could help.

branwen_phoenix

[5]Dec 28, 2006

HELP!!!!

70's-80's SCI FI SHOW WITH A BEAR TYPE DOG THING THAT HAD BROWN FUR AND METAL STRAPS AROUND IT, IT WAS A ROBOT PET.

roggoblin

[6]Dec 29, 2006
    • level: 10

That was from the original Battlestar galactica.

branwen_phoenix

[7]Jan 3, 2007
    thankyou so much do you know where i can get pics?

spacekicker

[8]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    Look up boxey, wasn't that the name of the thing?

FoxMulder_GMAN

[9]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 21
    no Boxey was the name of the boy. Muffit was the name of the dog

TMSULLIV

[10]Feb 27, 2007

Hi all

another 80's sci-fi question, i remember watching the show but can't remember the name, its driving me nuts,

its a computer geek who somehow creates a computer program that comes alive in the form of a hallogram.

looks all blue lines kinda like the tron movie and  has a little flicking light than can't create anything for him such as a cool car and stuff, something man i think

LordNiall

[11]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 15
    Automan and the flicking light was cursor.
    erik
    TMSULLIV wrote:

Hi all

another 80's sci-fi question, i remember watching the show but can't remember the name, its driving me nuts,

its a computer geek who somehow creates a computer program that comes alive in the form of a hallogram.

looks all blue lines kinda like the tron movie and  has a little flicking light than can't create anything for him such as a cool car and stuff, something man i think

twilightboy

[12]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 23
    I second this:

LordNiall wrote:
    Automan and the flicking light was cursor.
    erik
    TMSULLIV wrote:

Hi all

looks all blue lines kinda like the tron movie and has a little flicking light than can't create anything for him such as a cool car and stuff, something man i think

rice91104

[13]Apr 10, 2007

If you can help me out, there was an early 80's TV show. Don't know if it was a low-budget movie or a short TV series.

anyways. I remember it was about a guy in the Dessert and he finds a medallion. puts it around his neck and for some reason it gets embedded on his chest. he's unable to remove it. It makes him like into some type of humanoid. and his arm turns into (or) puts on a metal cannon that shoots of lazer shots. he's starts to shoot around. it makes  a lazer shot sound like from V the final battle. I can't remember this can you help me.   also if it was the same show or different episode, also remember like a Pyramid within a house appears and all these green lazer light start to also flash around within the dark inside a house like in the living room. Like if it was a alien ship or portal.

Thanks let ma know if you find the name of that show.

JOse

kenstand101

[14]Apr 12, 2007
    It sounds like you are talking about "Laserblast".  Check it out on Bestprices.com where you can get it pretty cheap.  Good Luck.

Dazza2k7

[15]Apr 17, 2007

ya level is really high

Dazza2k7

[16]Apr 17, 2007
    sci fi is the best and is cool cos it makes ya wonder

retrowhore

[17]Sep 27, 2007
    Does anyone remember a short lived TV series about a crippled scientist that developed a mechanical body suit that allowed not only the scientist to walk but be very strong and powerful? I distincly remember one episode where the suit malfunctioned and froze up on him at the same time the O2 was cutoff and if a nozy kid hadn't touched a button on the wrist of the suit the scientist would have suffocated to death.

LordNiall

[18]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 15
    Mantis
    http://www.tv.com/m.a.n.t.i.s./show/428/summary.html
    Erik
    retrowhore wrote:
    Does anyone remember a short lived TV series about a crippled scientist that developed a mechanical body suit that allowed not only the scientist to walk but be very strong and powerful? I distincly remember one episode where the suit malfunctioned and froze up on him at the same time the O2 was cutoff and if a nozy kid hadn't touched a button on the wrist of the suit the scientist would have suffocated to death.

44richards

[19]Nov 2, 2007

Hi, I saw this show in the late 80s. They were back to back episodes on UPN in Boston in the evening.

One episode was of an alien disfigured kid who was searching for his Parents. He had an ability to project into peoples minds images. The hustler pretended to help find his parents but instead had him use his ability to hustle money from people. In the end the kid realized he wasbeing used and turned on him.

The 2nd episode was of an industrialist who placed himself into the company computer and transferred around in the network causing havok after faking his own death.

The planet is a like a ruined earth and there is an orbiting "police station" that deals with the issues.

I've tried to find it myself for years now without success.

Thanks.

lequericacalvo

[20]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 32
    skeeter291 wrote:
    It sounds like a 4 part Disney tv movie from 1988 called Earth Star Voyager.

It sounds like is that show.