Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

kivlavik

[21]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 1

Reading through some of these posts, i have a question. I watched a 2 part tv mini series back in early mid 90's. Cant remember if it was abc or hbo and such.

The story line was about a guy getting ahead in the tv business to find out the true meaning. They tell ppl to live and once you are in the company you cant leave. He gets his gf pregnant to which the rules are no kids.The thing that i remember most is taht they erased her mind partially cause when he goes on tv saying the truth he blows his brains out. His son see's it laster when hes 8 or 9 to show his friend and all the mother can do was enjoy jazz cause that all taht she can remember about him.

I saw this movie when i was like 13 or 14 and i have never knwon what its called. I would ahve to see it again if i can get my hands on it but if someone can help let me know.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gate_Tripper

[22]Nov 14, 2007
    TMSULLIV wrote:

Hi all

another 80's sci-fi question, i remember watching the show but can't remember the name, its driving me nuts,

its a computer geek who somehow creates a computer program that comes alive in the form of a hallogram.

looks all blue lines kinda like the tron movie and  has a little flicking light than can't create anything for him such as a cool car and stuff, something man i think

Automan for sure. My Dad worked on that when I was young. Just black lights and neon tape

esotericgnosis

[23]Nov 21, 2007

Much love for whoever can solve this one.

I think it was the early 80's as i was young, maybe 10. That would put it in the early 80's. It was a sci-fi/fantasy/horror adventure hour. one week it was a weird sci-fi ,possibly post-apocalyptic, western thing and the next week it was a show about a young woman who discovers vampires are real. I think there might have been a third show and they rotated every week. It aired in the states and we didn't have cable so it had to be on a network. I seem to recall it was on Sunday nights around 8 or 9, a little past my bedtime at the time. I remember the vampire show better because my mom liked it so we "caught" it more often but i loved the laserguns and horses show. If anyone can tell me the names of these shows or the name of the "adventure hour" that would be cool.

wjm67x

[24]Nov 22, 2007

the series was called 'Cliffhangers' as far as i can recall..

and you're right tey rotated the episodes each week, i think they showed 2 half hr segments of 2 of the shows, and rotated them out each week...

btw the vampyre in the horror one... Christopher Sarandon... who went on to do 'Fright Night'

Edited on 11/22/2007 8:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

morlakar

[25]Dec 2, 2007
    Curious if anyone can remember this one, was a TV series I believe in the mid 80s, wasn't more than 1 maybe 2 seasons about some kids in their early 20s or maybe high school kids with different powers. Thing that sticks in my head was one character in particular who could control electricity and was able to shoot lightning bolts from his fists and whatnot, heh. For some reason I thought the series was something Science, can't seem to dig it up tho.

LordNiall

[26]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 15
    sounds a bit like the "misfits of Science".
    Erik
    morlakar wrote:
    Curious if anyone can remember this one, was a TV series I believe in the mid 80s, wasn't more than 1 maybe 2 seasons about some kids in their early 20s or maybe high school kids with different powers. Thing that sticks in my head was one character in particular who could control electricity and was able to shoot lightning bolts from his fists and whatnot, heh. For some reason I thought the series was something Science, can't seem to dig it up tho.

morlakar

[27]Dec 4, 2007
    Lol yup that was it, found a nice little clip on youtube for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZcB-oqADxc

billymyers2006

[28]Dec 15, 2007

Hi everyone. Im looking for someone that can help me remember the name of a tv show that i think aired during the 80's. I only remember a few details so hopefully these are enough to get a title to this show.

It was about a blue light, maybe a machine (like a transformer) that could change into various items. I can think of 3 that i know it turned into....a helicopter, a motorcycle, and the one that sticks out the most is the Lamborghini Countach. I remember that the car could turn a corner in an instant (leaving the person inside kissing the window...lol).

If anyone has ANY ideas of the name of this show please email me at billy_myers_2006@yahoo.com thank you!!!!

LordNiall

[29]Dec 15, 2007
    AUTOMAN
    Erik
    billymyers2006 wrote:

Hi everyone. Im looking for someone that can help me remember the name of a tv show that i think aired during the 80's. I only remember a few details so hopefully these are enough to get a title to this show.

It was about a blue light, maybe a machine (like a transformer) that could change into various items. I can think of 3 that i know it turned into....a helicopter, a motorcycle, and the one that sticks out the most is the Lamborghini Countach. I remember that the car could turn a corner in an instant (leaving the person inside kissing the window...lol).

If anyone has ANY ideas of the name of this show please email me at billy_myers_2006@yahoo.com thank you!!!!

SpectralSpiral

[30]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 3

Wow you guys are good. I've got one for ya:

I think it was a live action show about humans vs robots. The robots had these glowing panels on their chests that were their weak spot, allowing them to be defeated much easier. I remember one episode where the bad guys were drawing a lot of power to run a factor that built a new kind of super solider. At the end of that episode the good guys knocked out the power and shut down the factory. The main villain said "How many were completed?" and a computer voice said "one. and a half." And a pair of red eyes emerges some smoke. In later episodes the one super robot was bad ass because even hitting him in his weak spot didn't stop him. The small half made robot became a bumbling evil minion comic relief.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

trekmaster7

[31]Dec 25, 2007

Hi everyone,

I need help figuring out the name of a sci fi I used to watch.

I'm thinking its from the eighties. Its about at huge space ship with big roundbiospheres on it. The crew is all dead, no one knows for how long. There is people running around that got out of their biospheres though and they can sit at this big computer and a man would come up on the screen and say "how can I help you?". He looked like a professor or something.

The whole point is that earth is destroyed or something and all these civilizations have been put in pods and the pods are really big and they don't know they are in them and they're just living like they're on a planet. But then of course some people get out of their pods and they don't know where they are or what they're on and then they realize their on some kind of a spaceship. The ship has auto drive so it just keeps travelling through space.

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks!

pkasper77

[32]Dec 26, 2007
    Hoping for some help on this. There was a fantasy series back on (I believe) CBS in the 80's that was kinda like Dungeons and Dragons, but not animated. For some reason I remember the hero or main character having a magical weapon that was a boomerang or something similar to it. And no I'm not thinking of Krull. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

zaqwsxc

[33]Jan 1, 2008
    I think you might be thinking of "Wizards and Warriors". I don't remember a boomerang -- I think the guy just had a magical sword.

zzbeach

[34]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 12

Hi everyone,

I need help figuring out the name of a sci fi I used to watch.

I'm thinking its from the eighties. Its about at huge space ship with big roundbiospheres on it. The crew is all dead, no one knows for how long. There is people running around that got out of their biospheres though and they can sit at this big computer and a man would come up on the screen and say "how can I help you?". He looked like a professor or something.

The whole point is that earth is destroyed or something and all these civilizations have been put in pods and the pods are really big and they don't know they are in them and they're just living like they're on a planet. But then of course some people get out of their pods and they don't know where they are or what they're on and then they realize their on some kind of a spaceship. The ship has auto drive so it just keeps travelling through space.

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks!

That's "The Starlost." It was actually done in '74 and ran one season. Check out the tv.com link below:

http://www.tv.com/the-starlost/show/4869/summary.html?

trickydiscos

[35]Jan 3, 2008

hi to all just looking for some help if possible .try to track an 80s tv series no idea of the name but all i can remember was there was a group of guys helping out people , these guys all were unique in what they did and the all had special powers and one guy got energy from electricity ( bit like xmen i think) help please .........tricky

LordNiall

[36]Jan 4, 2008
    Misfits of Science
    Erik
    trickydiscos wrote:

hi to all just looking for some help if possible .try to track an 80s tv series no idea of the name but all i can remember was there was a group of guys helping out people , these guys all were unique in what they did and the all had special powers and one guy got energy from electricity ( bit like xmen i think) help please .........tricky

dexslab69

[37]Jan 5, 2008
    Does anyone remember a show about a guy with some sort of magic helmet, who would drive into a car wash, and his car would turn into a space ship? I don't remember these details very well, so please forgive me. I think there was also some sort of hawkman antagonist or ally. I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of the hawk dude from Buck Rogers, but for some reason, the protagonist reminds me of Gil Gerard.

trickydiscos

[38]Jan 8, 2008
    thanks a mill e

jedi66

[39]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 11

FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    no Boxey was the name of the boy. Muffit was the name of the dog

Technically the "dog" was actually called a "Daggit", a robotic dog since all the real dogs had to be left behind to make space for the escaping humans. Rather stupid when you consider the majority of the human race is wiped out by a robotic race (the Cylons) and they go and create a robot dog. Maybe it went insane and killed a bunch of humans which is why we never saw it in Galactica 1980.

jaysen005

[40]Jan 10, 2008

Hello,

Trying to remeber an old tv show. It has police cars that look like regular (unmarked if you wish). The main thing that stands out in memory is that the cars or car can shot a orb or missle of light that disbles the pursuited vehicles electrical system and disables the car. I want to say that the police car is a corvette or mustang. Please help as this is driving me nuts.