Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

bbflemm

[281]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 1

mortenthomas wrote:

Hi everyone.

Im searching for at tv show from the late 80s or early 90s. If I remeber the story right, then its about a young man playing some kind of laser-tag game, and then gets transported into the future or another galaxy to fight evil.. At first i thought it was Captain Power and the soldiers of the future.. but now im not sure. cant find a complete episode but only the intro.

Can anyone help??

BR

Morten

Was it animated ??? If so, it might be, "Lazer Tag Academy", shown on Saturday mornings on the NBC Television network from September 13th, 1986 to August 22nd, 1987...

bbflemm

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

weepea

[282]Jul 25, 2012

This Sci - Fi show was a police detective that is after a alien monster with a alien telepathic guard named Tara . She was on a prision ship this alien broke out of and killed every one .

qfred9

[283]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 62

'Something Is Out There'

Apolamy

[284]Aug 3, 2012

Here is hoping you all can help me.

Time frame: 70's to 80's.

Type: TV Mini Series.

Story Line: All I can remember is... A family, mom, dad, two teenagers.. boy and a girl. They are touring a Egyptian pyramids when an earth quake hits. The next thing their struggling to surface in a lake. Counter earth type thing. I remember that the om went shopping and picked up A can of Meat. The label said GOOD MEAT, she asked what Kind and they looked at her strangely and said GOOD MEAT. She, the mother got sick, something to do with where the town was, Radiation of some sort? Not sure. As the family leaves the Town, The son, having fallen for one of the girls int eh town, Causes the Memory computer. The computer that holds all the town folks memories, to erase itself. Saving the town folk from being punished for helping the family escape. Then in another Episode, The teenage daughter and son Enter some kind of contest and Bring Rock and Roll music to the world. No one knows who they are cause they play in shadow or are masked. Not sure which. The family has to keep moving from town to town to keep ahead of the authorities.

Can anyone help me on what the name of this was?

qfred9

[285]Aug 3, 2012

'Otherworld'

Apolamy

[286]Aug 3, 2012
    thank you

TomLane

[287]Oct 5, 2012

Well, I was a big TV fan back in the late 70's and 80's and remember the two tv movies about the Gold watch, the girl, and everything; the adventure tv series about the guy who flies around these islands, I think it had monkey in the title; and I enjoyed Automan, Misfits of Science, and Max Headroom which I still have shows of. And it took me years to find out that they changed the name of an old animated movie to Legend of Orin instead of what it was, which I now forget. But for the life of me, I can't remember anything about this one mini series about a bow with a crystal in it and a glove with a crystal in it and part of it took place in a swamp I think and the bad guy with the glove carried an ax I think. The good guy carried the bow. So, does that ring a bell with anyone? Because the bad part is I saw the first show, and didn't get to see the second and never saw it again even advertised. Go figure. It's like the Brotherhood of the Wolf, because it was a french movie it flopped since people don't like reading or dubbing, but it really is a good movie, so when I kept going to buy it at walmart it was always sold out since they would only order 1 per week. It took 5 months to find it second hand. Sometimes, it's just a challenge to find what we like.

So if anyone can help me with that one about the crystals in the glove and the bow, please let me know.

Sorry for the excessive rambling.*hangs head*

Thanks,

Tom

qfred9

[288]Oct 7, 2012
    'The Archer and the Sorceress 1981' - it's on the 'tube'

'Monkey' show = Tales of the Gold Monkey

sduvoisin

[289]Nov 17, 2012
    • level: 11

Does anyone know where I can watch re-run episodes of Earth 2? Is it on DVD?

JDcirca69

[291]May 25, 2013

Obscure 70/80s Sci-Fi. This has been driving me nuts for years and years. Does anyone know the name of aTV series/pilot/movie about a guy who gets hit by lightning and can then conduct electricity Through his hands? The only particulars I can remember are soon after he gets hit he shows someone what has happened by putting his hand over a keyboard and tiny lightning bolts come from his fingers. He starts one of those coin operated horses for a little kid. He has to be recharged, he wears a watch/power gauge on his wrist. While fighting some bad guys he gets thrown into a pile of metal rods, shorting himself out. His partner or whatever gets to him and sees the watch is fried. These scenes are the only ones I can remember. If anyone here can provide the title so I can finally put this one to rest I would greatly appreciate it.

qfred9

[292]May 26, 2013

'The Power Within' 1979

Edited on 05/26/2013 1:54pm