Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

houstoncop77

[41]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 1

I need help with the name of these two shows. Mid 80s sci fi stuff. The first was in the future, usually a deset enviroment and the two main characters drove futuristic 18 wheelers. The side kick was some odd-ball Australlian guy who always said "Oy!"

The second was aabout a family who was transported to an alternate reality of some sort when they were in a pyramid I think. The reality was somewhat futuristic and I think water was their way home (swimming through a portal).

Any Guesses?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RJSuperfreaky

[42]Jan 11, 2008
    That was " The Highwayman". The Australian guy had become sort of famous for some Energizer battery ads, as I remember. He had a 1 - word name, though it escapes me...
    Edited on 01/11/2008 10:47am

qfred9

[43]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 62
    the 2nd one was 'otherworld' with sam groom - the aussie highwayman was called 'jacko' as jetto

Celtwytch

[44]Jan 15, 2008
    • level: 8

Oooh, I used to LOVE The Highwayman! Complete with Sam "Flash Gordon" Jones in the lead role Wonder if it's available on DVD ...

WhatHappendNow

[45]Feb 18, 2008

I remember this old TV show that I have never seen on a old TV show site. It was a mid-80's SciFi show about a family that went through a portal at stone hedge. It didn't last very long on TV. I think that name was like "Lost Family". The family consisted of 4 members husband, wife, son, and daughter.

Anybody remember this show?

devoidx

[46]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    Hi, a friend of mine was talking about an old tv show, probably 80's, about a guy that had some sort of super powers that would stop working if he saw anything red. Anyone know what it might be ?

Celtwytch

[47]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 8

devoidx wrote:
    Hi, a friend of mine was talking about an old tv show, probably 80's, about a guy that had some sort of super powers that would stop working if he saw anything red. Anyone know what it might be ?

Not a clue what it was, but what a lame idea! Imagine the super hero trundling along, doing his super thing, and encountering a McDonalds. Whoops! Red! Abandon super powers!!

Mafeu

[48]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 69
    WhatHappendNow wrote:

I remember this old TV show that I have never seen on a old TV show site. It was a mid-80's SciFi show about a family that went through a portal at stone hedge. It didn't last very long on TV. I think that name was like "Lost Family". The family consisted of 4 members husband, wife, son, and daughter.

Anybody remember this show?

It sounds a bit like Otherworld.

311feen

[49]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    Hope someone can help me here, I remeber an 80s show, don't know much about it, but it's about a guy running from what I believe were robots, who looked like humans, and the only thing that gave them away was a red glint in their eyes. I beleive it was set in the southern US, know the lead character has done a lot of bit parts since then, most recently in one of the CSI shows. Please, for the love of God, help me!!!!

davidshirt

[51]Feb 24, 2008
    dexslab69 wrote:
    Does anyone remember a show about a guy with some sort of magic helmet, who would drive into a car wash, and his car would turn into a space ship? I don't remember these details very well, so please forgive me. I think there was also some sort of hawkman antagonist or ally. I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of the hawk dude from Buck Rogers, but for some reason, the protagonist reminds me of Gil Gerard.

I used to watch this show in the afternoon after school in the mid 80's actually. I have no idea what it's called and I cannot find any info on it on the net. It's come down to me trying to track down mid 80's TV Guides from the Los Angeles area via Ebay to figure out what it was called.

digifox2008

[52]Feb 28, 2008
    Ya it sounds like the show Viper the car acutally had two modes one was red mode, normal "nothing to see hear folks" then it went into pursuit mode it turned silver. The blue glow it shot your describing hit the electrial system and would disable the bad guys car.

digifox2008

[53]Feb 28, 2008
    Ya I think I know the show your refereing too it was Called Captain Power and the soliders of the Furture not to be confused with the cartoon Captain Planet. The glowing bits on the robots were more than just weak spots more on that later. But Ya Captain Power was about a post Apcolytic earth destoyed by a battle called the metal wars, esscially war with the machines. The computer voice was probably sorin a Mechnoiced Bird thing that could "digitize" humans. And the soilders Were Captain Power the leader of course, Tank a big guy with a big suit and a big gun, Magor Mathews air fighter, Scout Ellies whos suit could mimic the robots with the glowing btis, and the cute pilot chick. It sould also be noted Captin Power was also one the first TV programs to have an interactive show the glowing bits on not just robots but also on buildings and other things, if you have one of the Captaion Power Vechiles (you can still get them on ebay) you can shoot at the glowing bits and score points but careful they shoot back.

311feen

[54]Mar 5, 2008
    digifox2008 wrote:
    Ya I think I know the show your refereing too it was Called Captain Power and the soliders of the Furture not to be confused with the cartoon Captain Planet. The glowing bits on the robots were more than just weak spots more on that later. But Ya Captain Power was about a post Apcolytic earth destoyed by a battle called the metal wars, esscially war with the machines. The computer voice was probably sorin a Mechnoiced Bird thing that could "digitize" humans. And the soilders Were Captain Power the leader of course, Tank a big guy with a big suit and a big gun, Magor Mathews air fighter, Scout Ellies whos suit could mimic the robots with the glowing btis, and the cute pilot chick. It sould also be noted Captin Power was also one the first TV programs to have an interactive show the glowing bits on not just robots but also on buildings and other things, if you have one of the Captaion Power Vechiles (you can still get them on ebay) you can shoot at the glowing bits and score points but careful they shoot back.

I totally had Lord Dread's vehicle, it was actually battery powered and some sort of flash power. Could never get it to work right, and I had no idea why my parents got it for me. Hardly remember the show, but the intro on YouTube looks good...

311feen

[55]Mar 5, 2008
    BTW. the show M.A.S.K. should still be on TV. Seriously one of the coolest cartoons and action figures around.

SpectralSpiral

[56]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 3
    digifox2008 wrote:
    Ya I think I know the show your refereing too it was Called Captain Power and the soliders of the Furture ...

LOL, I would have to remember something with such a generic name. Thanks for information, that one moment in the series has just been stuck in my head forever. I can remember those commercials now that you mention them.

jollycaffe

[57]Mar 10, 2008
    I need help!! I vaguely remember a sci-fi TV series that I saw in the late 80s early 90s and have been wanting to know what it was for ages! Can't remember much: a small group of space travellers (possibly 2 guys and 2 girls, all human and cute), with uniforms Star Trek style, tight suits - different colours, ends up in a foreign land where everything is huge...a bit like Gulliver in the land of giants. I have these images in mind of the team trying not to be seen by these huge people (they look human too) and hiding among the vegetation that to them is like a jungle. In the episode I remember, their space ship is parked among all this vegetation, not too far from where the huge guys live. And, if I remember correctly, one of the good guys is captured by a giant! Sorry, terrible description!! Any ideas?

qfred9

[58]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 62

Hmm, a show about a 'land of giants', I wonder what that could be called?

BTW - the man with super powers that would stop working if he saw anything red was a film called ' Supersnooper or Superfuzz' (depending on country).

Edited on 03/11/2008 8:52am

littlehellion

[59]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    I don't remember much of this show and I believe it was on in the early 90's. It was an animated show about a boy who is half alien and his fathers people come to earth looking for him to bring him home, because they are at war or something. I hope that's enough information I was little so I don't remember a lot of it. Any help would be nice.

DaleHUtch

[60]Mar 19, 2008

Greetings,

I'm searching for a "Dungeons & Dragons" themed show that aired something in the late 70s to early 80s. The thing that sticks in my mind about the show was the swords used to light up and flash like lightning when the two foes clashed in battle. They are wore strange costumes. I thought it was wizards and warriors but when I looked it up it wasn't the show. I think it aired on Friday nights?

Thanks