Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

jdcarella

[61]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 10

I think this is the one you were looking for. The guy from Taxi was in it.

Wizards and Warriors, CBS, 26 Feb 1983-14 May 1983
    Swords and Sorcery, perhaps inspired by the success of the TSR game
    "Dungeons and Dragons", with a soupcon of Monty Python and the Holy
    Grail.
    Prince Erik Greystone -- Jeff Conaway
    Marko -- Walter Olkewicz
    Prince Dirk Blackpool -- Duncan Regehr
    Princess Ariel -- Julia Duffy
    Wizard Vector -- Clive Revill
    King Baaldorf -- Tom Hill
    Wizard Tranquil -- Ian Wolfe
    Geoffrey Blackpool -- Tim Dinigan
    Justin Greystone -- Jay Kerr
    Queen Lattinia -- Julia Payne (who did not like being called "That
    Royal Payne on the set)
    Bethel -- Randi Brooks
    Cassandra -- Phyllis Katz
    Oriental Guard -- Lonnie Wun

If you are looking for any other shows try this site.

http://www.magicdragon.com/UltimateSF/tv-chron.html

Edited on 03/19/2008 7:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

de616

[62]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 1
    ok.. I got one... late 80's scifi.. family goes to the great primides and get 'ported to another world and must follow a trail of obolists to find a way home.

LordNiall

[63]Mar 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    Otherworld, it's early 80's
    de616 wrote:
    ok.. I got one... late 80's scifi.. family goes to the great primides and get 'ported to another world and must follow a trail of obolists to find a way home.

pattyb66

[64]Mar 22, 2008

OK, I have one for your...... I am looking for an episode of a show from the 80's (I think). I thought it was Tales from the Darkside, but I have looked at the episode list and don't see it. It involved a detective named Max Paradise. It is driving both me and my husband crazy trying to find anything about it. I have googled the name and got no where. We thought the name of the episode was Max Paradise but now I am doubting myself. If anyone can give me the show name I would be very very happy.

Thanks!

jdcarella

[65]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 10

Do you have any other info on teh episode? What happened? Were there any recognizable actors? What area was it set?

If you are asking about a possible show episone of an unknown series possibly in the 80's who had a charavter who may or may not have the the name Max Paradise... you're not giving us much to go on...

pattyb66

[66]Mar 24, 2008

Here some more detail --- The main character was an old has been actor who had starred in a detective show in the 60's as Max Paradise. The show went off the air with a cliff hanger and never was wrapped up. The show had been picked up on some far away planet and the aliens went wild for the show. They were going nuts because the show just stopped so they sent some "people" from the planet to find out what happened with the show. The aliens learned it was cancelled and no more shows were produced. They round up all of the old stars including Max Paradise who has been living in the gutter. They then produce the last episode. Hope someone can help out there! It is driving me and husband nuts not being able to find out anything about this.

Thanks!

qfred9

[67]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 62
    You might be thinking of the Amazing Stories episode 'Fine Tuning' with milton berle.

mlbelanger

[68]Apr 3, 2008

retrowhore wrote:
    Does anyone remember a short lived TV series about a crippled scientist that developed a mechanical body suit that allowed not only the scientist to walk but be very strong and powerful? I distincly remember one episode where the suit malfunctioned and froze up on him at the same time the O2 was cutoff and if a nozy kid hadn't touched a button on the wrist of the suit the scientist would have suffocated to death.

That should be Exo-man circa 1977.

mlbelanger

[69]Apr 3, 2008

A clone and his creator, pursued by the government, military, etc. At the end the scientist/father figure is killed maybe and the clone goes off looking for his "brothers." Each week would have him in a new place finding one of the other clones. I thought the actor was David Morse but I probably have the show I'm looking for confused with "Prototype" where Morse was an android, not a clone.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

80sfan08

[70]Apr 6, 2008
    I have 2 that I can't remember the names of for anything, one is about a boy that could fly and I think he had other powers also but I can't really remember but I know in the opening he would start floating and grab a lamp or something like that, it came on saturday mornings I believe. The other may have been late 80's very early 90's it was about a guy from space that came to earth he was on some kind of mission but the main thing I remember was he had the little flying orb looking robot with him, I think it was brown and had a large circular eye or something.

LordNiall

[71]Apr 6, 2008
    • level: 15
    Well the first one is "my Secret Identity" Starring Jerry O'Connell. The Second one sounds like "Hard time on Planet Earth"
    Erik
    80sfan08 wrote:
    I have 2 that I can't remember the names of for anything, one is about a boy that could fly and I think he had other powers also but I can't really remember but I know in the opening he would start floating and grab a lamp or something like that, it came on saturday mornings I believe. The other may have been late 80's very early 90's it was about a guy from space that came to earth he was on some kind of mission but the main thing I remember was he had the little flying orb looking robot with him, I think it was brown and had a large circular eye or something.

doctordealgood

[72]Apr 6, 2008
    I think you are thinking of the movie "Super Fuzz"

doctordealgood

[73]Apr 6, 2008
    I think you are thinking of the movie "Super Fuzz" about a cop with special powers who loses them if he sees the color red.

dani_n

[74]Apr 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    Wow, you guys are good. I thought I was a huge sci-fi geek and the only show I've recognized here so far was My Secret Identity!

CogBrew

[75]Apr 15, 2008

Wow, you guys ARE good! Let's see if you can help me out with a title as well

The show was a two part movie aired in the late 80's early 90's. It was about an alien that was inprisoned in some Space Prizon and it was the most dangerous thing there. Somthing happend and it escaped during a fight of some kind. I rememeber guys in uniforms shooting everyhere. Then it made its way to earth and could take over a persons body for some time, but could move from body to body. I think some hunters came after it and killed it.

I remember it had a bunch of shots from the Aliens point of veiw while it traveld form person to person trying to stay hidden. It scared the crap out of me and I keep thinking of it and would love to try and find it.

Thank a ton!

omegastoopreme

[76]Apr 20, 2008
    SpectralSpiral wrote:

Wow you guys are good. I've got one for ya:

I think it was a live action show about humans vs robots. The robots had these glowing panels on their chests that were their weak spot, allowing them to be defeated much easier. I remember one episode where the bad guys were drawing a lot of power to run a factor that built a new kind of super solider. At the end of that episode the good guys knocked out the power and shut down the factory. The main villain said "How many were completed?" and a computer voice said "one. and a half." And a pair of red eyes emerges some smoke. In later episodes the one super robot was bad ass because even hitting him in his weak spot didn't stop him. The small half made robot became a bumbling evil minion comic relief.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.

omegastoopreme

[77]Apr 20, 2008
    Celtwytch wrote:

devoidx wrote:
    Hi, a friend of mine was talking about an old tv show, probably 80's, about a guy that had some sort of super powers that would stop working if he saw anything red. Anyone know what it might be ?

Not a clue what it was, but what a lame idea! Imagine the super hero trundling along, doing his super thing, and encountering a McDonalds. Whoops! Red! Abandon super powers!!

I know what film you mean, the main guy went into space or something, and his eyes went funny. exposure to sunlight first of all made him smarter (blue phase) then stronger (yellow phase) then both but at great danger (red phase). Am trying to remember what it was called.

omegastoopreme

[78]Apr 20, 2008
    LordNiall wrote:
    Well the first one is "my Secret Identity" Starring Jerry O'Connell. The Second one sounds like "Hard time on Planet Earth"
    Erik
    80sfan08 wrote:

Could be Benji, Zak and the Alien Prince. Zak was a floating robot tht looked like a burger with eys.

qfred9

[79]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 62

omegastoopreme - you are thinking of 'Northstar' with greg evigan.

The super powers cancelled by the colour red was 'Supersnooper' (also called Super Fuzz) with terence hill.

Edited on 04/23/2008 6:19pm

TheFallenAngelX

[80]Apr 27, 2008
    littlehellion wrote:
    I don't remember much of this show and I believe it was on in the early 90's. It was an animated show about a boy who is half alien and his fathers people come to earth looking for him to bring him home, because they are at war or something. I hope that's enough information I was little so I don't remember a lot of it. Any help would be nice.

This sounds like the exact show I have been trying to remember for YEARS. It came on late at night and was animated, despite having what I remember being more adult themes. The boy had a glove given to him by a mentor type guy and he had said to him "If you weren't his son that glove would have crushed your hand." and in a later episode the main character is riding a bike or a motorcycle while being chased by an alien. If anyone could help out I'd GREATLY appreciate it.