Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

mrh79

[81]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this vague memory of a show I have. I am pretty sure it was during the 80's as I was young and all I remember there was a young girl and she was scratching her arm and skin started peeling off. Then she disapeared and found her in a cacoon in a cave but when she came out she was a woman and she was mute. That's about all I remember about it, there was something with a horse too but it might have just been what they rode to the cave. If anyone knows what show this might be that would be great it has been bothering me for years! haha

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qfred9

[82]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 62
    Sounds like the first episode of ' V: The Series '.
    Edited on 04/29/2008 3:55pm

wanderling

[83]May 8, 2008

This one has been driving me crazy and it isn't even my recollection - it's my bosses - but I have been tryign to figure it out anyway.

He believes it was from the 80's. It was about a soldier that was part of a special program to make a him a sort of super soldier, and he was very good at it, but then he realized he didn't want to kill people anymore and ran for it. He was aided by someone who worked on the the program who ran with him. Then another guy who was supposed to run them down and capture them ends up joining them, too. They started taking on problems to help people, and the former soldier becomes a sort of one man A-Team with his super soldier abilities (backed up somewhat by the other two). The would take on two types of cases: one they called Midas Missions, because it made them money, and one they called Robin Hood Missions, because they were socially responsible.

If you know the name of this program I would really appreciate hearing from you.

flyboy04

[84]May 9, 2008
    Ive been trying to find the name of this show/mini series. I believe it is from the 80s early 90s, about the only thing I can remember about it is, a space civilization, and they had these colored crystals or something in their chest. certain colors meant certain things.

qfred9

[85]May 9, 2008
    'Island City' had people with coloured crystals in their chests.

ani_tembel

[86]May 15, 2008

PLEASE, HELP ME REMEMBER THE NAME Of 3 tv-series!

Nobody belives me but I know I saw them...

1 . sci-fi: It was about a little kid, who could communicate with an upside-down triangle. I think the triangle looked like it was made of glass. and the kid had a sister...something....

all I remember is that when the credits ran (at the end of every episode)... I you could see in the background tri-legged robots.

2 .sci-fi : I think the name of the series was "V". something about aliens coming to earth. eating mice, and when somebody scrathed their face or skin, they had a green "lizard like" skin.

3 .sci-fi / action: The serie was about a guy who had a huge track (18 wheeler). But the think is that..

his track could tranform into a helicopter. and after a few episodes there was another guy (his enemy) that had a huge track-helicopter...

qfred9

[87]May 15, 2008

2. V

3. The Highwayman

whsu

[88]May 18, 2008

Hi guys,

there's a sci fi show in the 80s about an astronaut frozen in space for many years, and when he was finally rescued, the world has changed.....there's also a small humanoid robot that carries a clock that talks............

FPTV

[89]May 18, 2008
    • level: 9
    whsu wrote:

Hi guys,

there's a sci fi show in the 80s about an astronaut frozen in space for many years, and when he was finally rescued, the world has changed.....there's also a small humanoid robot that carries a clock that talks............

That sounds like Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

NonFamousDave

[90]May 21, 2008

I'm glad I found this page - I have a memory I need help with.

It was on American broadcast TV, mid-to-late 80'. I think it was a miniseries. An evil alien is loose on earth - I recall the alien being black and spiky, maybe insect-like, but it can either take human form or can wear human skins to disguise itself. The heroes are at least one good alien and at least one human trying to stop it. The only scene I can remember with any kind of clarity is one where one of the heroes is walking down a lonely hallway and passes a room where a woman in a white lab coat is writing in alien characters on a chalkboard. From the writing, the hero recognizes the woman as the evil alien. Then I think there was a confrontation of some sort, and maybe the alien rips out of the skin it was wearing.

I've tried looking for it before, but I can never figure out what to search for. Sometimes I wonder if I just made it up. Any help?

LordNiall

[91]May 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    "Something is Out There" Starring Maryam D'abo rou8ghly aired the same time as V the series and Streethawk.
    Erik
    NonFamousDave wrote:

I'm glad I found this page - I have a memory I need help with.

It was on American broadcast TV, mid-to-late 80'. I think it was a miniseries. An evil alien is loose on earth - I recall the alien being black and spiky, maybe insect-like, but it can either take human form or can wear human skins to disguise itself. The heroes are at least one good alien and at least one human trying to stop it. The only scene I can remember with any kind of clarity is one where one of the heroes is walking down a lonely hallway and passes a room where a woman in a white lab coat is writing in alien characters on a chalkboard. From the writing, the hero recognizes the woman as the evil alien. Then I think there was a confrontation of some sort, and maybe the alien rips out of the skin it was wearing.

I've tried looking for it before, but I can never figure out what to search for. Sometimes I wonder if I just made it up. Any help?

NonFamousDave

[92]May 22, 2008
    That's it! I'd even thought that I might have been thinking of V, but for some reason had replaced "lizard" with "insect" in my head. It's good to know my memory isn't crazy. Thanks!

caseylover

[93]May 23, 2008

Does anyone remember a show about a hero who rode a motorcycle he had a suit of armour I don't remember the show well even though I never missed it I remember it was set in the near future the city had a team of cops called s.p.l.a.t cops instead of s.w.a.t. the guy in the armour was either a former cop or he was a cop still who did the hero thing on the side i remember the show was strange in it had an episode with alien babes, one with a vengeful ghost cop who reeked of cheap cologne. someone else has to remember this short lived show please tell me im not crazy.

tribal2199

[95]Jun 1, 2008

TheFallenAngelX wrote:
    littlehellion wrote:
    I don't remember much of this show and I believe it was on in the early 90's. It was an animated show about a boy who is half alien and his fathers people come to earth looking for him to bring him home, because they are at war or something. I hope that's enough information I was little so I don't remember a lot of it. Any help would be nice.
    This sounds like the exact show I have been trying to remember for YEARS. It came on late at night and was animated, despite having what I remember being more adult themes. The boy had a glove given to him by a mentor type guy and he had said to him "If you weren't his son that glove would have crushed your hand." and in a later episode the main character is riding a bike or a motorcycle while being chased by an alien. If anyone could help out I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

I think it's "Invasion America." Not 100% certain but pretty sure.

asystole001

[96]Jul 25, 2008
    i got one for you to look for it was in the Early 80's as i remember not much a bout it i will tell what i remember i think it was on ch 2 CBS in NY the show was about cowboys that went in to the future all i remember from the show was they were in a camp i think back in the 1880's it was raining there 3 or 4 of them thew were holding a metal rod it got hit by lighting and the next thing i remember a bout the show there on the side on a highway one of them seen a jet fly over and said we have gone to hell i don't know if it was a TV show or a movie

LordNiall

[97]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    That show was called the Outlaws.
    http://www.tv.com/outlaws-1986/show/11436/summary.html#
    Erik

asystole001

[98]Jul 28, 2008
    thanks it was driving me crazy trying to find out the title i was 10 when it came out

xcessivex

[99]Jul 31, 2008

ok, try this one... this may be in the early 90's actually but...

its a series that had an alien that comes to earth and his always has this floating silver eye with a brown blob body following him around. I remmember one episode he was teaching a class on astronomy and spoke of his home world being one of the moons of Saturn I believe and that under the layers of ice there was a civilization.

I can't remmember the name of the series or anything else for that matter. I think the eye could become transparent too.

If you figure it out email me please! thanks

teekno1

[100]Aug 16, 2008

I have a movie that I remember watching when I was a kid. It was about a robot dog that looked like Benji. It did not talk or anything. But it took numbered commands from his master. I remember the dog being called something like "Kicks" and he would do this judo like kick when she would yell..."Kicks 66" or something. Any help?