Forums: Science-Fiction: Late 80's Sci-Fi show HELP!!!!!

PenBlu

[161]May 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    Thanks, that is definitely the one!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Feagun

[162]May 31, 2009
    Ok so i don't remember much about this other then a kid went the the mall and some how went into another world throu a computer at the computer shop. and in one episode a computer appeared on his clothes line..sorry thats all i remember

vhf_andrew

[163]Jun 12, 2009

Hi I am currently looking for a series that features two boys and a spaceship. Now I am not sure whether is a late 80s or 90s. These two are friends and the spaceship they find can travel really fast and can trun invisible. it is not like a ufo more like a _/ \_ shape of course with curves. It is two seated with the button in their middle on top for turning invisible The window is also a screen wich can play the memory and act like a terminal... That's all I remeber now

As far as episode scenes are concerned I remember an episode where they are trying to figure it out and make notes which forget in school and are found by a teacher who worries because of their drawings which I cant remember now what were - I think they were about a symbol on the spaceship - and finally find out they can speak to it by writing in latin (if I remember correct the previous user was a roman soldier or something, it is shown in another episode where they discover a memory device in the shape of an orb that lasts for thousands of years) so they begin asking questions about latin to their teacher - that's the reason he was keeping an eye on them, I mean come on, students who ask questions about latin - and I think I also remember going to space with it in the moon and they may or may not find the mothership it came from empty ( I am not sure about the last one) Anyway I remember watching it and was tryng to figure it out so I can see the end of it - if it has any, god I hope so.

When I remember something I usually get stuck to it... It stays in my head there driving me crazy.

Anyone who can help greatly appreciated...

Edited on 06/21/2009 2:17am
    Edited 3 total times.

Mark_Chang

[164]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    Funlight78 wrote:

Hi everyone!

Iam looking for the name of a tv serie that i liked to watch alot in the early 80s, when i was a kid

Its about a person/s that finds a strange machine on a swamp and he puts it on hes house wind to protect it

I think the machine was from outerspace and I think that the machine gives this person "super abilitys"but iam not shure, and can freeze time while this person/s is/are around other persons

I dont remember if it was about a person or persons that found this machine

Have been searching for this serie a long time now without any results :/

Soo i really hope someone here can give me a helping hand in the search for the name of this tv serie..I really would appreciate this alot

PS:I forgot to mention that i think that the ppl who find this machine also find more parts of the machine and start building it up in the tv series

Have a nice day now guys and take care

I like this forum alot, soo plz keep up the good work =)

Regards Andrea

I think this is "Children of the Dog Star...?"

CarlosZarabia

[165]Jun 30, 2009
    Not sure if this was from the 80's, possibly early 90''s. I was about 5 I recall. Anyway the show was about a house that was either mechanical in nature, sort of like a future robot house or possessed. I believe two male individuals resided within the home one I

CarlosZarabia

[166]Jun 30, 2009
    Sorry* One I believed was a scientist. Might have also been in black and white, can't really remember much of it.

Gizmokvack

[167]Jul 19, 2009
    Mark_Chang wrote:

I think this is "Children of the Dog Star...?"

Thanks Mark, you are correct! I have watched the series on youtube. It's not like i remember (of course) but it must be that one.

Apperently it was aired in 1985 on Swedish tv. It was called "Närkontakt - yttre rymden": ( https://www.flashback.info/showthread.php?t=411957&page=8 ).

This was the last of three old sci-fi memories, which I have tried to locate for quite some time. The other two was "The Tripods" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripods ), and "Silent running" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067756/ ). All of them I had very, very limited memories from. It would not have been possible to find them without the Internet...

I watched all three of them on Swedish television as a child. They must have had a sci-fi golden age at that time

cclick815

[168]Aug 30, 2009
    Ok there's not much I remeber from this show here's what I have. It's about a Time traveler that uses a pocket watch to time travel with a young kid as his side kick.

qfred9

[169]Aug 30, 2009
    • level: 62
    'Voyagers' with Jon-Erik Hexum
    Edited on 08/30/2009 12:38pm

Barmace

[170]Sep 17, 2009
    Hi all really good place to get answers I have 2 I will post them separately

I had a show Pre X files it was made late 70 early 80 I believe it was either Military officers or FBI agents (but I belive it was officers) they investigated strange occurances. It was Identical to X files but I have a really hard time remembering it.

Barmace

[171]Sep 17, 2009

I watched a show on Myth Busters on making self power. They showed all kinds of experiements which in fact turned out to be failures. But I really remember a show either That's Incredible or Real People that had a guys he had I believe looked like a barrell that had a magnet that spun. The the swing arm had a magnet thad had a positive side and a negative side on each side of the barrel he had magnets with postivie and and transitioned to negative sides when the swing arm hit the negative side it would make the magnet flip and the centrifugal force caused the swing arm to continue towards the positive magnet and flip it again and the centrfical force caused it to move towards the negative side. I remember in the show the guy said once started it will run forever. I would like to know if anyone seen the show because I would like to find the episode and send it to myth busters

any help you can give I appreciate.

qfred9

[172]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 62
    Two military officers investigating strange occurances could be 'Project UFO'.

VilmariesVazque

[173]Oct 12, 2009

Hi,

I am looking for aTV show maybe form either the 90's or late 80's. It was a store that sold antiques. It was an older white haired gentleman, a young redhead and a young black haired guy. The show would at times start out with a strange call about something wired happening to a family. The 2 younger characters would go and check out the strange happenings and figure out that it was an antique item that was posessed and thus possessing the person that had the ownership. Like one time it was a little girl who had a doll and the doll had like special powers or something. I liked the show, but it did not last very long.

It came out at around the same time as tales formthe dark-side.

Does anyone know the name of it???

Thanks

JosephVoll

[174]Oct 13, 2009
    Krull

JosephVoll

[175]Oct 13, 2009
    Friday the 13th the series

JosephVoll

[176]Oct 14, 2009
    KRULL I think is what you are looking for. He through a 5 star boomerang and it came back to him until he stuck it in the monster at the end.

hrle007

[177]Oct 21, 2009

Hey guys, amazing forum , keep it going !

I have couple good ones for you:

1. I know this was a mini series and here is what I remember from one of the episodes: the main hero gets teleported to a space ship, where the crew has been infected with something and they are slowly turning into huge larvae which can infect others by just a touch. Later , a huge insect coms out of larvae and i know that it showed a scene where a whole bunch of these insects were all over the outside of the space ship. There was another episode which involved a huge robot that at the end gets shrunk somehow by the main hero.

2. This one may be little bit hard, it scared the hell out of me when i was a kid and im not sure if it was a 1 part mini film or a series. I only remember this one scene: the main hero founds himself on this huge piramid where he battles with either an ape or ape looking monster. They play a board game, chess like, just with futuristic board pieces that can shoot lasers (i think it was triangles against cubes). He wins the battle but the monster doesnt likeit and he ends up running away.

Both of these have been stuck in my head for years now. Thanks in advance !

SayeedRayhan

[178]Nov 2, 2009

Hi,

I was wondering if any one know about this one show that i saw wheni was really young its about a girl who is from the future gets transported to the present in a round glass globe she has a computer in a bracelet with changeable holograms in little stones, she has a band that she can use to move objects and stuff she is looking for a bad guy that originally in the beginning ran away from the future to the present, and i think kidnapped some one close to the girl.??

SayeedRayhan

[179]Nov 2, 2009
    never mind i just figured it out its "The Girl From Tomorrow"

smashedrat

[180]Nov 3, 2009

old show from the mid 80s im guessing.

American but shown at somepoint in the UK all i remember was there was a dog and at least 1 young kid possibly 2 and i think they where aliens, or at least from outer space and they where being chased by people, other aliens? gov scientists? i dont know but they where chased by people who where in this van.Thats all i got.

The thought of being bundled into this van is what stayed with me as it was my first experience with being kidnapped or taken by someone, something all kids fear anyway thats all i have if someone could help that would be great.

Thanks