Forums: Science-Fiction: Looking for the name of an 80's sci fi/fantasy show

awoitkowski

[1]May 15, 2006
    • level: 1
    I need help! I don't know if this was an actual show or just my imagination, but in the mid 80's there was a tv show about a family (father,mother,don,daughter, I think) vacationing in Egypt was somehow transported to a different parallel dimension when they went into a pyramid.Each week they had some kind of adventure and then were transported to yet another parallel dimension whenever they touched a glowing tabletop pyramid.I don't know how long this series was (if it ever was), and no one I talk to remembers it. Am I crazy or did this show exist?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FoxMulder_GMAN

[2]May 15, 2006
    • level: 21
    every month or so someone comes asking about this show. It was not your imagination. It did exist. It aired on CBS and was named OTHERWORLD and was one of my favorite shows from the '80's. To my knowledge, it has never reaired since that initial airing. Maybe someone should suggest it to sci fi channel

awoitkowski

[3]May 16, 2006
    Thanks so much!! Now I can sleep!

awoitkowski

[4]May 16, 2006
    One more thing, is this on DVD?

FoxMulder_GMAN

[5]May 16, 2006
    nope and probobly never will be

beachmatt29

[7]Jun 3, 2006

I am looking for the name of a show from the early 80s were a family was on vaction in Egypt and were touring a pyramid when they were sent to another dimension? each episode they were following markers back to different places to get back to there home world. the epsiode that sticks out the most is when they came to a town that looked normal but everyone was an android and there souls were on some sort of switch board? I hope someone can remember this. It came out in the early 80s i think before the show V.

FoxMulder_GMAN

[8]Jun 4, 2006
    should i dignify this with a response?

archangelcory16

[9]Jun 4, 2006
    • level: 32
    FoxMulder_GMAN wrote:
    should i dignify this with a response?

Nope.

Carolinsche

[10]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    Never heard of that show, but it does sound cool! I'd watch it!

ladyrattles

[11]Jun 14, 2006

I have been searching for someone who remembers that show for years.  I thought it was the best thing ever (ok I was young).

I thought it was called Another World rather than Otherworld so I never did find it until now.

You have made my day!!!!!!!!!

Carnie 

ladyrattles

[12]Jun 14, 2006
    I managed to buy a copy on eBay a few minutes ago. I expect it's a copy taped off the TV years ago but I'm delighted.

FoxMulder_GMAN

[13]Jun 14, 2006
    I wouldn't go bragging about that, lol....they can ban you for mentioning where you get bootlegs

bryersm

[14]Apr 29, 2008
    I'm looking for a TV Show that was filmed/set in the 80's (probably mid 80's). Not sure where it originated from: probably Canada or USA. The TV show centered around these teens who would time travel. One of the teen's relatives owned a hardware/electronic/??? shop and the time machine was in a secret backroom. I could have sworn it was called 'Sparks' or 'Sparkz' but when I surch for that name I get the African-American sitcome instead. It wasn't animated. I remember it aired early (7am or earlier) Saturday mornings on I think it was on CBS (the local affiliate for the Durham, NC area).

daveandlynn

[15]Jun 26, 2008

I've looked for that same show for years!! No one ever knows what I'm talking about and thinks I'm crazy or have made it up. We grew up in VA but got PBS from Roanoke Rapids, NC so I watched this show as a kid. Here is the info about it and a link to watch an episode!

http://www.wral.com/wral-tv/video/1180973/

Sparks is a weekly half-hour fantasy/drama children's program set in a mythical North Carolina town. The stories revolve around a mysterious time machine that sends the cast of characters into the past and the future to resolve conflicts. Sparks is targeted to children 7 years of age and older. An Iris award winner in 1991, Sparks also received several Parents' Choice Awards and the Service to Children Television Award from the National Association of Broadcasters. Sparks was locally produced by WRAL-TV from 1985-1990.

thebobymon

[19]Nov 27, 2008
    OK I have one. This show was originally aired in the early 80's. It was set in a backdrop of sci fantasy. The only character I can remember is one that had a magic bow and arrows and could rapid fire em at his enemies. I am not sure if this was the main char or not. At the end of the episode the char would lay the bow and arrow down and they would be magically replenished for the next episode. This obviously was a flop and never ran for any length of time. It is impossible to locate in any archive since I don't remember enough, so I have to rely on someone that was a geeky as me back then(Dungeons and Dragons was a big part of my life)

LordNiall

[20]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 15
    I kinda want to say "wizards and Warriors" one of the characters(the Villian) had a longbow.
    Erik
    thebobymon wrote:
    OK I have one. This show was originally aired in the early 80's. It was set in a backdrop of sci fantasy. The only character I can remember is one that had a magic bow and arrows and could rapid fire em at his enemies. I am not sure if this was the main char or not. At the end of the episode the char would lay the bow and arrow down and they would be magically replenished for the next episode. This obviously was a flop and never ran for any length of time. It is impossible to locate in any archive since I don't remember enough, so I have to rely on someone that was a geeky as me back then(Dungeons and Dragons was a big part of my life)