Forums: Science-Fiction: Need help to "find" a old tv-show

Kalel18

[21]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    LordNiall wrote:
    first off this is a SCI-Fi Board; but the answer after googling fraiser smoking epsisode turned up the following quote
    Everything. I like the way a fresh, firm pack feels in my hand. I like peeling away that little piece of cellophane and seeing it twinkle in the light. I like coasting that first, sweet cylinder out of it's hiding place and bringing it slowly to my lips. Striking a match. Watching it burst into a perfect, little flame and knowing that soon that flame will be inside me. I love the first puff, pulling it into my lungs. Little fingers of smoke filling me, caressing me, feeling that warmth penetrate deeper and deeper until I think I'm going to burst then WHOOSH! Watching it flow out of me in a lovely sinuous cloud; no two ever quite the same.
    I don't usually date smokers, but I think I could make an exception in her case.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chrystal_rose

[22]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 2

I would love some help finding an old show as well! Does anyone remember a teenage (I think?) show about this girl who keeps seeing crows (or maybe some other ominous bird?) everywhere? I think I remember some scene in acemetery or something where there's this huge flock of crows and it's all very ominous.That's about all I remember about it because I was just a kid! I'm guessing that it was on (or at least I watched it... I suppose it could have been a syndication) around 2003, 2004, but it could have been from the late nineties up to around 2005 really. And yes, I do realize that 2000's isn't really an "old" show, it just seems like it to me since it was my childhood!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

incobart

[23]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 1

Hi, Im looking for an old short tv show about following story,

some divers found a sunken ship (like titanic) but when they arrive they see there are still some people living on board. Later when they inside they find out that the captain, made hes own community and keep the people alive on an installation that provide air and food of algae.at the endit becomes to a fight when they want to take the people back into the world while he dont want to give up his community .. any idea ? thanks

qfred9

[24]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 62

That sounds like 'Goliath Awaits'

incobart

[25]Sep 4, 2010
    waaaw thats correct, Thanks !!

JohnnySeven91

[26]Sep 16, 2010

HEllo Everyone PLEASE HELP ME Faind a show that i was looking for 1000 years!

TV SERIES IS ABOUT a girl who moved into a new city, and one time she and her ''boyfriend or brother'' whent to the old museum. Her brother was fooling around and locked his sister inside that dark museum castle. Girl freaked out and started to scream saying that she's scared and wants out! but her brother is loughing behaind the door. And as the girl starts to freak out she heard a voice behaind her ''dont be afraid'' she turns around and sees a ''prince or a Muskeeter from WAAY BACK of the century, he awakes ONLY at night and on daylight his corps remaind in his glass cofin in that old museum. so the series is about that girl and that ''prince or musketeer'' they become great friends and along there friendship the girl helps that dead muskeeter , and i belive they travel back in time aswell

SO PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME FAIND THIS SHOW IV BEEN WATCHING WITH MY BROTHER SINCE WE Wure KID's =)!!!

rose-quartz

[27]Sep 26, 2010

can anyone remember remember an american tv series with a very similar plot to supernatural but predates it by about 5 yearsor so. ayone know the name of the show, i'm starting to think i imagined it

TVwatcher247

[28]Sep 26, 2010
    • level: 6

rose-quartz wrote:

can anyone remember remember an american tv series with a very similar plot to supernatural but predates it by about 5 yearsor so. ayone know the name of the show, i'm starting to think i imagined it

Could be Brimstone (199 FOX Network.

rose-quartz

[29]Sep 26, 2010
    thanks for the reply but Brimstone isn't it. I remember there were two brothers and a semi-derelict house I'm not sure if both brothers were alive or not sorry to be so vague. Hey maybe I'll realise in the shower tomorrow that it was all a dream

jaysi23

[30]Oct 21, 2010

It was a "super natural" show. The main charater was a little girl, who had the ability to (or just always be chance) found super natural things. Her mother was in a band i think so they lived in a bus. With the band and her brother. Her father was dead(i think) butwas said to be very much like her. ibelieve theover all theme of the shows was her finding out what happened to him and or getting him back? this was non animation.thats i can remember besides bits and pieces of episodes. Does anyone remember what i'm talking about?

rose-quartz

[31]Oct 23, 2010

the show I think you are talking about might be 'so weird',I can remember watching it with my kids it aired on the uk on the Disney channel but wasn't a very Disneyish show. I think the girls name was Molly but not sure. Hope this helps you look it up to see if it's the show you remember

Edited on 11/06/2010 10:55am

foosfan

[32]Jan 3, 2011

The first show sounds like family of five....there was a baby too? the oldest brother had to look after all the kids...its mathew fox who was in lost

foosfan

[33]Jan 3, 2011

This is going back to 70's or early 80's about a group of people who build a rocket in the back yard....nobody else remembers..it's driving me crazy

qfred9

[34]Jan 9, 2011

If it's a tv show then 'Salvage 1' or possibly the film 'Voyagers'.

cindypride

[35]Jan 20, 2011

I'm trying to find the name of an old episode of the Twilight Zone or possibly Alfred Hitchcock (honestly not sure). There was a man who either had an accident or was very sick, but when he woke up, everyone was speaking differently. They were using normal English words, but the words meant different things. For example, "book" might have meant "car", or "dinosaur" might have meant "eat". The man couldn't understand his wife and children. He was very confused. Thanks in advance for any help. =]

qfred9

[36]Jan 22, 2011

It's an episode of the Twilight Zone called 'Wordplay'.

cindypride

[37]Jan 22, 2011
    Yes! That's it, qfred9. Thank you!

MiamiMoe

[38]Jan 27, 2011

This could really be back a while - maybe the late 50's or 60's, I was real young back then. It was a science program, maybe a "special," where these people had a gigantic balloon, shaped somewhat like a mattress, see-thru (plastic?) on one side and all black on the other. They floated itup in the sky and were actually able to capture water from the atmosphere using it - somehow. Did anyone here ever see anything like this? If you did, do you also remember the old "Bell Labs" science 'specials"? I remember one called Hemo the Magnificent, and another one about "time". In that last one they were showing how time slows down when you travel fast.

I've been writing around trying to find that first program I mentioned, for quite some time, now. thanks for any help.

mrsbradbury

[39]Feb 1, 2011

Hi all, I'm trying to find a specific episode from a show I saw on TV many years ago, and I don't remember the name of the show. It had to do with how our future was literally "built" by these people called the "time people". It showed how they were ahead of you several frames and sometimes they forgot to put something in one frame and would remember a few frames later and then put it back where it belonged - explaining why we all miss something and just KNOW we put it somewhere and then it's vanished, and then if we go back a few minutes later it's right where we thought it was. I love the explanation and have used it raising my kids - they've heard me say "It's the time people!" often over the years, and I would love for them to be able to see the episode.

I don't think it was the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits, but I could be wrong. But I'm sure it was a show that one episode had nothing to do with the previous or future episodes.

Thanks for your help!

Edited on 02/01/2011 9:02am

qfred9

[40]Feb 1, 2011

Twilight Zone episode 'A Matter Of Minutes'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0LYWpj66Q

Edited on 02/01/2011 11:05am