Forums: Science-Fiction: Need help to "find" a old tv-show

Ken69

[81]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 1

Hello, I hope you can help me.

there was a series that was on when I was a kid I think it was only 1 season, maybe 2. I believe it was late 70's or early 80's. Me and my brother use to act it out for fun. I can't remember the name. I believe it was about a drifter that when someone hurt him or pissed him off, his eyes would turn brown like a wolf and he would get extra strong and through people across the room. The show was very much like " The Hulk " but it's wasn't. I believe the main actor had darker tan skin. It was an American series. Thank you for your time.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ken69

[82]Jan 11, 2013

Hello I hope you can help. I have this childhood memory of this movie that was on a few times, on a pay channel. I remember watching this with my brother. It's one of the only shows that stick in my head that I seen with him back then.

The movie I believe was in the early 80's. I can't remember the name. It was on HBO if I'm not mistakin. It was about a human shaped Alien that was stalking and attacking some people in a cabin, because they had something of his or something like that. I don't believe the people in the cabin known what the Alien wanted at first. The Alien was all silverish white or pail white. And one of the weapons that he had in his arsenal was these star shaped thing that he pulled off his own body. They were pail white also around 6 inches wide and with 5 point. When the alien threw these star shape things against the cabin wall or windows they started melting through the wall and glass with acid bubbling out of the star shaped thing. I can't remember the rest of the movie for some reason. Me and my brother used to throw bean bags at each other as if they were the star shaped things. I miss those days.

Please help me find out the name of this show. Thank you for your time.

qfred9

[83]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 62

alien with throwing stars - 'Without Warning' 1980

Edited on 01/18/2013 1:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Ken69

[84]Jan 18, 2013
    Thank you so much! That means a lot to me, to now know the name.

maritimer00

[85]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 71
    Robertec wrote:

I find it very interesting that most everybody has this unique vague memory of tv show or movie that they can describe as if they had just watched it yesterday.I have this memory of a show where humans are in outer space, they fly in fighters and they have a common alien enemy that also have fighters that they are always having to fight. In this episode, this one human gets shot down and crashes on a moon and incounters one of the alien enemys. The human gets hurt in the crash and instead of the alien enemy killing him he helps him. In the crash the humans radio gets busted so he is not able to communicate with anybody. When his friends finally find him they see the alien enemy and think that it's there to kill their friend and they shoot and kill the alien. I remember feeling so bad for that alien. I still remember how they showed the hurt human trying to stop his friends from killing the alien. Stupid writers making me have feelings for that alien. We all know that all aliens are bad and we have to kill them. LOL. I would gladly send money to a charity of your choice for the person that could point me in the right direction. I thought that it was Space 1999 but after hours of research I didn't find it. I'm 48 and this has to be at least a 35 year old memory. It seems that the aliens wore a white suit and you never saw what they looked like.I hope to be able to help somebody out soon with their memory of a lost show.

Thanks,

Enemy Mine...stars Dennis Quaid and Lou Gossett Jr.

maritimer00

[86]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 71
    qfred9 wrote:

alien with throwing stars - 'Without Warning' 1980

Good movie...Martin Landau played an eccentric recluse in it who tries to help the teenagers.

newill34

[87]Jan 22, 2013

it was like code lyoko butinstead of anime live action in tell they enter the world then cgi time please i need help

timothyseitz

[88]Jan 25, 2013

The show was about a family that travelled through dimensions (not other world), on the run from a giant brain in a big clear tank. I think the big bad brain was hunting the boy (son of the family) in particular. I'm pretty sure this was a CBS show or mini-series.

Robertec

[89]Jan 27, 2013

Hey Maritimer,

I looked up your suggestion of enemy mine but is wasn't it. thank you so much for responding. I will keep looking.

qfred9

[90]Feb 1, 2013

Robertec

The episode you are looking for is called 'Survival' and is from 'UFO'

Edited on 02/01/2013 12:44pm

tonten2

[91]Feb 5, 2013

Hi, I've been trying to find this TV show that's been in the back of mind to rewatch. I've attempted some searches over the years for its name but with no success. I remember watching it with my brother when I was really young. Just a vague memory of it.

I remember it being on YTV back in the 90s. I think it was australian or maybe from england.

It was about a a family or maybe friends that could travel to differentparallelworlds in a bathtub. One of these worlds had an asianboy emperor.

I totally cannot remember or a hint or find the name of the show.

TYIA!

EDIT:

lol speak of coincidences. After I wrote this post, I looked through this thread and maybe u and I are looking for the same TV Showtimothyseitz. Not sure heh

Edited on 02/05/2013 11:28am
    Edited 2 total times.

gman379

[92]Feb 5, 2013

SO not exactly "old" but I would place somewhere between 2009-2012. From what I remember in pieces the people of earth are controlled by a corporate dictator who controls the distribution of medicine among the people, in which the people only have a certain amount of time before the needed next dosage. Well a rebel group I believed led by a lady robs these guys of there medicine and returns to camp in the desert/outskirts of the city. Meanwhile a man (who we find out is a scientist) is roaming the desert in distraught for his creation that requires the people to need the medicine. This guy turns out to be awesome and lays the law down when he helps defend the rebels camp. There are only two episodes and netflix did have it at one time probably still does but I cannot figure out the name of the show. Help. Thanks.

Robertec

[93]Feb 10, 2013

Hey qfred9, YOU ARE THE BOMB.

I can't believe it. Survival on UFO was it. I just watched it. The alien wore a red suit not white and it does show his face but the rest of it matched my memory quite well. I would love to know how you found it. I feel free at last. I read every post thinking that I may be able to help somebody someday. You are awesome. Thank you so much. As promised, name a charity and I will send $25.00.

qfred9

[94]Feb 11, 2013

I didn't have to find it as i remembered watching it years ago.

As for the charity, any animal charity would be my choice, if you're serious.

Robertec

[95]Feb 11, 2013

This is the charity that I chose.

http://www.puppymillrescue.com/donate.htm

tvquester

[96]Feb 15, 2013

Hi guys this is a massive shot in the dark but looking for a late 80's early 90's tv series (just one season, like a long serialised film) all i can remember is its about a group of travellers and each episode they go to a different place to find another block/fragment (glowing yellow i think) to rebuild a time clock or something to save time but in the end they are betrayed. Thats all i can remember.

thanks

adrian429

[97]Mar 7, 2013

I am trying to remember a TV show that aired on Saturdays afternoonin the late 70's that was about a flying horse. It was not animatied and was set on a farm. Not to surewhat the show was about but i can remember that they used to cover the horse with a blanket to hide it wings.thanks

jennifertwrig

[98]Mar 19, 2013

Hi everyone! I'm looking for the name of a TV show, probably either from the 90's or early 2000's (I caught it on SyFy either when I was pregnant or right after my daughter was born, which was Sept. 2004). I believe it may have been reruns as it was on during the day.

There are 5 people, I believe; 3 men and 2 women. They have somehow travelled to this deserted place where they run into strange things: huge killer bees; "barbarians;" frontier-type people; etc. Each week it's something different. (it's NOT "Lost") What I really remember is near the end of the series, they didn't want one woman (long, curly dark hair, and young, British) to go back because she brings back some sort of disease or plague with her that kills hundreds of thousands of people. (They found some sort of diary from her daughter, I believe, that explained what happened after her "mom" came home.)

In one episode there was a guy who came from their time who managed to fix a plane that was hidden in a bunch of bushes/trees. There was also an episode with a hot air balloon. One where 2 of them, the dark haired woman and the dark haired man (I think) were trapped in a mine shaft and they were running out of air; he almost died. They believed the plane and the hot air balloon would have gotten them home. I have no idea who they got where they were; I think I came in near the end of the series.

There were also flashbacks of a couple of the people dealing with the Nazis...so I'm guessing they started out in the 1930's or so. It's been driving me crazy for years; I can't remember the name of the show for the life of me! There was the young, dark haired woman; an older white haired man; 2 young men: one dark haired, one lighter haired; and another woman, kind of young but a bit mousy in demeanor.

If ANYONE can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I would really like to know the name of the show...so maybe I can find it on Netflix to watch from the beginning.

THANK YOU!!!!!

qfred9

[99]Mar 19, 2013

'The Lost World' http://sharetv.org/shows/the_lost_world

Edited on 03/19/2013 12:02pm

jennifertwrig

[100]Mar 20, 2013

That's it! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!

Thank you soooooo much!