Forums: Science-Fiction: Poll: fave sci-fi show of all time

JudgeDredd425

[161]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 2

There are a few shows that I love even more but than my pick here, but I have to say the best sci-fi show was Babylon 5. It was created and put together to tell a larger story over the course of time. Just like putting pieces of a puzzle together except when B5 was on you did not know what the end product was going to look like as the viewer. But its creator J Michael Straczynski had it all worked out before it was produced as opposed to trying to come up with a new story week to week like many other shows did and/or do. The characters were strong, they were real. It was set in the future but most of science behind the show was solid and the developments of humanity in the future were quite believable and appropriate. Star Trek and its various incarnations are my all time favorite, but B5 takes the prize of best show for its story telling and growth and development of characters from beginning to end. Enemies became friends and friends turned into enemies. Truth and justice triumph in the end but it was a see-saw battle. Human foibles are explored and overcome.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TrevPlatt

[162]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 5

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet (there are too many posts to read), but my favourite is Red Dwarf (excluding season 9)

Special shout outs to: Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (reboot), Farscape, The X Files, Babylon 5, Stargate (SG1 and Universe), Fringe, Star Trek Voyager, Warehouse 13...

I could probably go on, but my point is Red Dwarf is the best.

scace369

[163]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 6
    Supernatural

archangelwho

[164]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 18

1. Old Doctor Who 2. Firefly 3. New Doctor 4. 1st Star Trek 5. Red Drawf6.Star Hunter 7. Star Trek NS9 8. Time Tunnel9. Lost in Space 10. Time Trax

silverscreenluv

[165]May 5, 2012
    • level: 5

Before I give a few of mine, I just read through all the comments looking for shows to watch, cause I'm out, and I officially have watched every single one of these shows! Yay, to me for being an uber nerd! So I'm gonna add a couple of my favorites that no one has said yet. Don't jump all over me cause a couple are more horror than scifi. I realize that, but I saw Supernatural several times, so I'm deciding it's ok to do that. (For reference, all Stargates except Universe, and all Joss Whedon things come before these)

Primeval

Neverwhere

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven

First Wave

Demons

Miracles

Haunted

ConstableClyde

[166]Jun 1, 2012
    Huge fan of the X-Files if that counts.

kjoyner

[167]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 8

Star Trek

Star Trek, TNG and Voyager

Stargate SG1

Torchwood

volvoxaureus

[168]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 1

Hmm this is hard because in my opinion there are 2 big types of sci-fi tv shows: Star Trek sci-fi type and X-Files sci-fi type. So first type I think is the pure sci-fi with space, spaceships and aliens and my favorite is Star Trek series especially Deep Space Nine and for the second type that is more about mysteries, supernatural phenomenas X-Files is my favorite and another reason that i like it is because from time to time it has those "not so serious" episodes.

vladymyre18

[169]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 1
    sliders...but actually anything as long its a great one.... i loved watching at online tv different sci fi series and even movies...

PickleClaw

[170]Aug 14, 2012
    Eureka....***sniffle***