Forums: Science-Fiction: recent sci fi show in a bar or diner - some kind of time travel connection

CornanTheIowan

[1]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 1

We saw a couple of episodes of a show in a setting something like "The Booth At The End", but time / space oriented.

It seemed like people came in and left from the front and back, and doing so put them in the past / future, and they (or just the protagonist) were trying to "set things right" in some way.

I think they were really struggling with all the time paradoxes and such.

Searching for science fiction and "diner" or "bar" isn't the most fruitful - hoping somebody knows this show!

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

qfred9

[2]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 62

Could be 'Nightmare Cafe'

fweak

[3]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 47

I am failry certain the show you are referring to is Bar Karma which aired on Current TV last year. This was a show created by Will Wright (SimCity) that wasdriven bycommunity contributions which included story ideas, set designs, costume designs and more. The main plot of the show is that a man finds himself owning a bar that can grab people from any point in time, he then must do what he can to help them.

There is a page on TV.com (that I am the Editor of) where you can get more information about the show. I don't think there will be another season, but I remain hopeful.