- Supernatural is not a bad show. I has good stories and it may need to develop the characters a little. But every great show gives you something new about a character so you can connect or at least understand their actions.
It's not doing so bad and in the episodes to come more audience may start watching. I think the storyline may last for 2+ more seasons.
- well you see that you couldn't have been more wrong. Supernatural is a great show and it will last for many more seasons. You should first watch the show before you open your trap
- lol I remember this thread. Although it disturbs me that the show was almost canceled and we wouldn't have had a third season. Here's to hoping we get a fourth season.
- Throughly enjoyed both series of Supernatural and I disliked the whole Buffy thing. What I like about it is the central theme of the show - the demon and his plan over Sam. All the other stuff is just good character development and story world setting fodder.
Its my belief that if they stick to progressing this story strongly theyll have at least 4-5 seasons of strong showing. Most audiences want to see a story develop and have the characters develop with them. For me alot of shows have drawn out stories too much and for too long, Lost being the biggest culprit. There are many others. Not being a critic but working against possibly one of the best story arcs ever made (Bab5) I compare most show arcs against that one to see if its going in the direction I consider for the show to take my spare time. If it doesnt stand up to it then I wont bother watching it.
Imo most shows should look to work on a 5 series arc. I understand that in alot of cases there are realworld considerations that wont allow this, but to have story arcs of shows like StarTrek and the CSIs that use diluted arcs across all their series just doesnt interest me as much as something that keeps its core arc central to 80%+ of its episodes.
There are of course exceptions such as 24 - that focus on the arc in one series and incorporate story branches from pervious series into later ones. On the whole though, if SprNtl keeps loyal to its central story as I think it will then I can see a 4th series being done. If not, then it will probably fade towards the middle of the 3rd and then who knows!
Thats just my two cents!
- Well put! I must say that i am a fan of Supernatural and the Supernatural... As you can see...But dude you are wrong, since now they have continued with a season 3 finished that and now onto a season 4 which will be a bigger hit than before! There are still more of the supernatural which the still need to explore. I hope that it will go to a 5th and final season, and 10 will be pushing the boundires, and a 6th would plumet to it's death, 5 seasons is a great prediction!
Having just watched the start of Season 4 I was amused to read your predictions about this show. Looks like you were wrong. But I guess everyone makes mistakes sometimes, even tv critics. Although the creator has said he'll only make 5 seasons altogether it would be good to see it go as long as it can as long as it maintains its momentum and interest. Go Dean and Sam!!
- I don't think the original poster hangs around here anymore. What struck me was that he made his prediction without watching one single episode of Supernatural, just goes to show he's not much of a critic.
- Storywise, Supernatural has gotten better this season while its lead-in Smallville has gotten worse. I've even read somewhere Supernatural is retaining near 100% of its Smallville viewers. Is it just me or has Clark become more of a wuss? You'd have figured that he'd finally learn to fly by now?