Forums: Science-Fiction: Supernatural won't make it to a 3rd season.

krynitekry

[41]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    I think if they keep the angels coming in each episode, the ratings will go up and up. After all, the christians in America would tune in just to see how they are being represented.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GODHOOD

[42]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 17
    Season 5 starts tonight!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Edited on 09/10/2009 4:49am

KingofIPirates

[43]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 32
    OliverTrimble wrote:
    Dear Fans, Supernatural won't make it to a 3rd Season

Oliver Trimble
    Heh, nice prediction there..

philipastley

[44]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    Question, do you feel like an idiot now or are you actually one?

Kalel18

[45]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    OliverTrimble wrote:
    Dear Fans,

I thought you might appreciate my thoughts on the matter of the future of Supernatural. I have never watched the show myself but I am an experienced television critic and will draw my information from ratings information and from other shows similar to this.
    Firstly it is true that The WB have put in an order for a full 22 episode season, personally I believe this to be an unwise decision implemented too early. Though the information may not have surfaced until much later Supernatural has actually been picked up for a full season since it's 4th episode when it was performing well into the 5 million viewers. However if one is to fast-forward the clock it is clear to see the WB's trust in the show had been misplaced. Eventually the bad reviews of the show connected to the viewers and the show's ratings dipped to the low 4 million and lost against Spelling's "Charmed" which is in the WB's worst timeslot and is in it's 8th year. The WB has made this decision too early with many of it's shows such as Popular and Roswell both of which lasted only 2 seasons. In an effort to boost low ratings in the second half of season one which is almost inevitable the WB will ask for a change in it's second year which always seems to kill the show rather than save it. Ratings are then likely to spiral down and the WB will predictably cut the episode order to 18 episodes or move it to another timeslot before cancelling the show. After this the show may be lucky enough to be picked up by another network, though UPN would have earlier been a favourite for this type of move they have now stated they will never again pick up a used show especially not from the WB. This statement came after both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Roswell both did badly for the network after making the move from the WB. Though there is a chance the network may renew the show for a 3rd season something which I do not expect but am prepared for. The budget however will be cut dramatically and even then there is no guarantee the show will last for another 22 episodes or even 18. It is not a good sign when a new show's ratings begin to diminish after only 10 episodes on the air. I know what to expect from the fans, they will be disbelieving as ever. If one was to step away and see the whole picture however the story of a show such as this one has been told over and over.
    Another reason why the show is unlikely to make it to a 3rd season is the much talked about newer supernatural drama "Cult" which is getting more buzz than Supernatural ever did. This could even have the possibility to take Supernatural's timeslot and kill it before the show even makes it to a 2nd season.
    I suggest if the fans want this show to survive they should be prepared to campaign hard to get this show moved or renewed because this is the beginning of the worst.
    Thank you,

Oliver Trimble
    Wow,don't you feel silly!

John666666666

[46]Sep 25, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'm not a fan of Supernatural but who would make prediction like that. Great shows get canceled after just after one or two seasons like LIFE, Dark Angle, Firefly and many others, and bad shows can last long after that like FRIENDS and CSI: Miami. The only easy things to predict are that there will be lots of spinoffs of shows like Law and Order, CSI, NCIS(which in it's self is basically a spinoff of Jag/CSI) and reality shows. Because networks viewers don't like orginal ideas(outside of Lost), and networks want ratings and money so they stay safe sticking with a brand name show or a reality show. Many a good show died because of this. So trying to predict what show will last is just plain stupid unless it's absolutly terrible which Supernatural isn't, it's just a average show.

elahoda

[47]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 20
    you must feel like a tool now eh?

dpebbleson

[48]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 24
    Dear Fans,

SPN is, as of these days, likely to get its sixth season. Contrary to the titular prediction it made it not only to the third season, but to a very great fourth as well, and pretty solid fifth. Enter.

GODHOOD

[49]Feb 17, 2010
    It's been confirmed that the CW has renewed Supernatural for a sixth season.
    Edited on 02/17/2010 2:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

kdtfiles

[50]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 23
    The original poster not only got it wrong, but double wrong, with the show getting not just a 3rd, a 4th, or a 5th season but it WILL SEE A SIXTH SEASON!!!

Kalel18

[51]Feb 28, 2010
    • level: 11
    Hey Oliver, how's the prognostication buisiness working out for you?

BTW, where are all those flying cars we were promised?

malrenalds

[52]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 1
    Funniest Thing I have read all month.

uk18flashback

[53]May 16, 2010
    • level: 4

In television nowadays it is hard to predict when a show will finish or be cancelled but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised that SPN has been renewed for a 6th season.

I would suggest asking rather than telling us when a show will get cancelled.

GODHOOD

[54]Jul 29, 2010
    Originally the show was supposed to have a five season story arc, now they're going into a six season with (hopefully) fresh ideas.

LWsep10

[55]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 1
    I never got into it myself. I guess it more of Fantasy to me than Science Fiction... There really isn't very much science in it. However, they really have some interesting monsters.. LOL

Frenz9

[56]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    Supernatural was definitely going to get a 3rd season @ the date this post was posted and im glad it has been given a sixth season aswell

enerion

[57]Oct 23, 2010
    • level: 8

LOL, I wouldn't start a career in fortunetelling if I were you. Supernatural is well in the 6th season and looking AWESOME!

(I'm hoping for season 7, even though it isn't planned, but I'm decided on keeping my hopes well up high. )

GODHOOD

[58]May 26, 2011

Already renewed for a seven season baby!

elias_jacobson

[59]May 31, 2011
    • level: 5
    I am really bored now with this show. It is one and the same each and every time.

suzy3852

[60]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 3

i am glad this show is still on and just started its 7th season last month and if you need to watch the series online welcome to the link for it

http://watchseries.eu/serie/supernatural and below is a supernatural animation seires to but in this there are 3 different things going. sam and dean are younger like teenagers and a different looking bobby singer ( looks more like an irish leprechan and has some blad hair going to but it still gives its full thing like it does in real life characters http://watchseries.eu/serie/supernatural:_the_animation. not sure how often they put it here on the site just keep an eye out

it shows cast walking in the pond releasing theviathings into the water each one has found a new host and the way it looks and the guys think so to, cast is gone. god brought him back before and he should be able to do it again.

Edited on 10/03/2011 7:26am