We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Forums: Science-Fiction: SyFy's Anniversary Special. Who Watched It?

zzbeach

[1]Dec 12, 2012
    • level: 12

SyFy's Anniversary Special. Who Watched It? I lasted 30 minutes. It was amazing how they glorified all the shows and movies that made it great but no mention on how they alienated fans by diluting the channel by changing the name and putting on stupid reality shows and wrestling. No mention that when NBC/Universal took over how the corporate mentality killed the channel. I just couldn't take the hypocrisy anymore. I just couldn't celebrate the destruction of a once great cable channel.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zzbeach

[2]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 12

Syfy has just cancelled Alphas. Let's get to the real reason SyFy has cancelled shows people like. SyFy has become a stepping stone in the NBC corporate ladder where cheap ratings get you advancement up that ladder. Whether or not a show has good ratings or has a strong fan base is irrelevant. The suits at SyFy are always pressuring the creators of these shows to make them cheaper or get axed. Doesn't matter that you can get 4 million people to watch if the show costs $2 million per episode. The suits will replace it with something that gets 1 million viewers at $200,000 per episode.

archangelwho

[3]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 19

There is very little sci-fi in SyFy these days. It may be the cost. May be just low rateing. I fill that once you nolonger have sci-fi on the SyFy network there is little chance that it will show up any where else.Shows like Doctor Who are toofew and very far apart.