Forums: Science-Fiction: We need new Star Trek series!!

Kahko

[1]Jan 26, 2013
    • level: 1

Now it would be perfect time for CBS release new Star Trek series...WE NEED THAT. It's almost 8 years now from last Star Trek series so it would be time now for the new show, what you Trekkers think about ? I would take that kind of news with a great joy . My number one favorite for new Star Trek series would be Star Trek Titan and Captain Will Riker. Second favorite is a series of Klingon Empire and then Star Trek Vanguard it would take place on a starbase. Also I don't see any conflict between original Gene Roddenberry's timeline and J.J's timeline. Those could exists at the sametime we have seen by through years in the ST series that there are multiple timelines and universes so don't see that would be problem at all. Also my favorite is Gene's timeline (J.J's not bad either but not that good) and there TNG is the BEST . That's why I would want to see that story continue by Titan story. So what you guys think about it...could it be done or any chances to happen. You have better proposal for new series or if liked my choises let's try to make it real and make some noise that those CBS executives notice THAT WE WANT MORE STAR TREK!!! I'm tired to be without Star Trek!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kahko

[2]Jan 26, 2013

sorry my english...it's not my mother tongue .

zzbeach

[3]Jan 26, 2013
    • level: 12

Right now I'd take any space adventure show and not these CSI shows with a hint of science fiction. With the movies coming out I don't see Star Trek as a TV series. You could try a new spin on the Stargate franchise or have a network take a chance and create a whole new space adventure show. Just no more zombies, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and crazy super drama fueled shows. During this winter I've been watching Deep Space 9 on Netflix. It seems after every episode I say to myself "That was sci fi!"

Kahko

[4]Jan 27, 2013

Yes I can agree with you...I would take any good space action/drama now days especially Stargate. Also DS9 is real SCI FI I can agree with that too. But I don't still see no reason why we could not have new Star Trek TV-show especially now when J.J's going to direct Star Wars episode VII. I doubt he will not continue anymore directing Star Treks (no time for both) therefore there might be longer period when we get next new ST movie after Into Darkness. So once again it would be nice to have new ST show on tv for that timeperiod. Also anyone know what is going on the space 2099/Moonbase Alpha: Legacy show?? Is it going to happen or is it dump already? Any confirmed info? It should come in 2013 or what?

archangelwho

[5]Jan 27, 2013
    • level: 18

With the high cost to do a sci-fi show along with some great shows like Firefly not being able to amke it I just don't see a new one anytime soon. The shows that have done well not not the Star Trek in space type shows but more like the CSI type shows. It sad. There is so little sci-fi out there and with the lost of SJA there is even less that you can watch as a family.

maritimer00

[6]Feb 2, 2013
    • level: 71
    If I had to guess, Star Wars will be doing a live action series next before Star Trek due to Disney money making it happen. That said, I would also say that the upcoming Trek movie's proceeds might give a clear picture as to the franchise future (perhaps a syndicated series like ST:NG).

woodyhooder

[7]Feb 6, 2013

that's true after I really miss that sci-fi movie and also I'm hoping for another sequel of spy kids. haha

archangelwho

[8]Feb 14, 2013

Would prefer the cast from the new movies and following the storyline or another Star Trek series all together?

timgueguen

[9]Feb 26, 2013
    • level: 13
    The movie cast is all but certainly too expensive to hire for a weekly TV series, assuming the leads would even be interested at doing TV at this point in their careers.

User-One

[10]Mar 9, 2013

I'd love nothing more but with the new movie on the way I don't see it happening any time soon.

I like your ideas though, a series inspired by Vanguard would interesting to see, it would be star trek returning to its roots. As for Titan, that would mean getting Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis and Tim Russ on board too. It would be more difficult to do.

blackmage8472

[11]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 15

A year ago there were some preliminary plans for a new Star Trek series set in the year 3000 where the Federation is fractured, dying, and in desperate need of a Kirk type hero. But I'm pretty sure that fell through pretty quickly. Also I remember hearing something about Michael Dorn was interested in creating a Worf-centric series, but that was months ago and I haven't hear anything since.

zzbeach

[12]Mar 10, 2013
    • level: 12

This was already done from Roddenberry's idea. A fractured Federation was the Commonwealth on Andromeda.

Lady_Godiva22

[13]May 19, 2013
    • level: 2
    I was thinking the exact same thing after watching ST Voyager for the third time. Society needs it!

archangelwho

[14]Jul 10, 2013

But are there enough of us real sci-fi fans left to support a new Star Trek. Sadly history say no. The only sci-fi shows that seem to have any staying power are the CSI types like Warehouse 13.

LOST-TWD-PP-GOT

[15]Jul 21, 2013
    • level: 4

blackmage8472 wrote:

A year ago there were some preliminary plans for a new Star Trek series set in the year 3000 where the Federation is fractured, dying, and in desperate need of a Kirk type hero. But I'm pretty sure that fell through pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind a Trek series, about the Federation on a decline. But the 30th - 31st centuries is the wrong placement. In the 29th century, we know the the Federation had the power to time travel at will. Way too much power, even with the Temporal Prime Directive. I'd prefer the setting to be in the 26th or 27th centuries.

Donald-Swan

[16]Sep 4, 2013

It would be great to have a new series!

I'm sci-fi author Donald Swan. I actually pay homage to George Takei (Sulu in Star Trek TOS) in my new sci-fi book The Hyperscape Project. Here's a little funny image about it. You can see the homage and some other funny clips at my website: http://thehyperspaceproject.com/just-for-fun/

archangelwho

[17]Jan 14, 2014

How does a remake of the 1st Star Trek. I read on two sites just before Thanksgiving that a remake of Star Trek in one of 18-20 remakes planned for the next 2 years.