Forums: Shows in Development: Larvis & Mark: A new idea for a TV show

How does it sound so far?

[1]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 8
    Check my profile in my blog for information about this show. It's still in development, so not everything is official about it yet. It's rated TVPG-V, so I recommend it to people age 13 or older due to some intensities of violence, and it's an action/adventure show. There will be a website on here for it soon. So, how does my idea sound? Feel free to post comments about how you think it sounds so far.
    Edited on 11/03/2007 8:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Nov 10, 2007
    Alright, where are the two who voted "Worst idea ever"?! Seriously, show yourselves(I mean you showing your usernames on this forum)! Also, exactly WHY does it suck?! Personally, I think you two should give your reasons as to why my idea is awful, and please don't mention popularity as a part of it, as it hasn't even officially started yet, and the website is still under construction. So, why do you think it sucks?

Scopeless

[3]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 9

I think it's a decent concept, but I would definitely need to see a script before I pass judgment. An idea like that can be either really good or really bad, as most sci-fi stories tend to do.

I saw you said that you're still developing the concept. Have you ever written a script before? There's a pretty strict way to do it so that it turns out to be a minute-per-page. If you're interested, here's a tutorial on formatting a script...

http://www.oscars.org/nicholl/format.html

That should be a good start. There are variations people use, but the sample they have is fairly close to what you should do. I'm sure there's other sites you can find. Remember, if you do it right, it should pan out to be a minute-per-page, plus or minus one page. This way, you know when you've reached the 22-minute mark for TV.

[4]Dec 2, 2007
    Thanks, and you're right, it could be good or bad depending on how the characters act and how the plot/storyline unfolds and develops. And no, I have never written a script before, but what if the episode was a TV movie(60 or more minutes)? Would it still have to come close to that amount? Is the total length of a 21-minute script about 20 or 21 pages?