Forums: Shows in Development: Pitch your own show

LauraCynthia

[21]Mar 22, 2006
    • level: 7
    LauraCynthia wrote:
    Trying Patience
    Genre: Sitcom
    Synopsis: Patience Wexly is a 32 year old widowed lawyer who has 3 kids. Jenny: 8, thinks she's the next pop star. Milo: 13, dreams of being a hobo, and Kiki, 17, wants to follow in her mom' footsteps but can't seem to stay out of trouble. Others: Ophelia Barker, 30, a court clerk with attitude, Jackson Plowche, 31, a fellow lawyer who is a hopeless romantic and unlucky in love, and Lisa Hoppel, 33, Patience's enemy, a sneaky seductive woman. There's also Ryan Bruce, 35, Patience's love interest, and Judge August Risk, 57, a hypochondriac but altogether nice guy and father figure to Patience.

The bold I just added now.

Milo was adopted by Patience when she married now dead husband Roy..........Patience's dead husband had him earlier (he was 35 when Milo was 10)
    Edited on 03/22/2006 9:37am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GusF

[22]Mar 22, 2006
    • level: 38
    Sony931 wrote:
    Shapeville
    ----------------------------------------
    Shapeville tells the story of a poor family with 3 children but one day a local someone takes them which their house is actually a mansion with tons of cash and inventions but they actually have some adventures in the mansion with the help of the family who owns the mansion must keep anything away before things go havoc in the episodes.

Channel : Unknown
    Genere : Animated Comedy

Sounds cool to me anyway!

Sony931

[23]Mar 22, 2006
    • level: 17

GusF wrote:
    Sony931 wrote:
    Shapeville ---------------------------------------- Shapeville tells the story of a poor family with 3 children but one day a local someone takes them which their house is actually a mansion with tons of cash and inventions but they actually have some adventures in the mansion with the help of the family who owns the mansion must keep anything away before things go havoc in the episodes. Channel : Unknown Genere : Animated Comedy

Thanks for the comment on my idea...

Edited on 05/04/2006 1:39pm

GusF

[24]Mar 23, 2006
    Sony931 wrote:
    GusF wrote:
    Sony931 wrote:
    Shapeville
    ----------------------------------------
    Shapeville tells the story of a poor family with 3 children but one day a local someone takes them which their house is actually a mansion with tons of cash and inventions but they actually have some adventures in the mansion with the help of the family who owns the mansion must keep anything away before things go havoc in the episodes.

Channel : Unknown
    Genere : Animated Comedy

And the whole entire world is by shapes.
    Thanks for the comment!

You're more than welcome.

Mopar384

[25]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    Title: The Man on the Street
    Reality show/Drama
    Family show
    The Man on the Street is an Actor who seeks out the homeless and needy people, pushing a shopping cart with taping/recording equipment when necessary, posing as a homeless man. The purpose of the show is to do two things, educate children to recognize the homeless as real people instead of objects to be attacked, beaten, and killed as we hear so much in the news lately,(by teens). The other is to find those who are truly victims and not just bums, and give them the help they deserve. The Man on the Street would do things such as relating to them, telling them he knows of good jobs he just heard about that would suit them. And see who is interested in helping themselves.
    Then as each takes the job (bait), they are put in a big house where the cameras are set up to do interviews of their stories, the audience comes to know each one, the show could even accept donations for the people on an individual or group basis. They would live together while each week the favorite is removed and given the help they need to get back on their feet. While a replacement is sought to replace them in the house. The house could include computers with free online courses for them to learn new jobs or get degrees.
    As long as people want drama,what better way to give it to them. We don't need TV producers to make it up, there's enough drama to go around. And as long as TV shows have money to give away, lets do something good with it!

kurby123

[26]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 19
    What did you think of my show? (POST 11)

ocgal52

[27]Mar 24, 2006
    I work for an office that processes immigration papers and the things we see and hear would make an excellent drama series. It would take place in Miami and Los Angeles. Andy Garcia would be the main character and guest appearances by other supporting actors would cover the various episodes. Hot and current issues like illegals, terrorism, drug cartels, child abduction, human trafficking thrown in with the usual sexual situations between staff and clients. It would be the next step from the West Wing and the Law and Order shows.

poetchick4

[28]Mar 25, 2006
    • level: 5
    I would like to see a show that's kinda like Survivor, but much harder. For one thing, they wouldn't be given any helpful tools. They would just be left on an island and have to fend for themselves. The last one to say "I give up" would win. So, what do you guys think?

Mopar384

[29]Mar 26, 2006
    I wish I could answer you. This web site is half "out of order" for me. I was able to view page 2 earlier, but not now. And I've been trying to see any replies I might have but I haven't been able to see page one for about a week now. I even started a new similar thread that we can hopefully access. New show ideas #2. Do you have problems viewing this site too? For me, it just goes to an all blue screen.

pilot4him2005

[30]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 3
    Charmed: the next generation

Plot: 25 years after the charmed ones died killing the triad. Wyatt Perry (Paige and Henry's kid) and William (Phoebe's and Cole's)fight evil on a daily basis as they also try to find love and get good grades basis

FanWriter

[31]Mar 27, 2006
    • level: 7
    pilot4him2005 wrote:

Plot: 25 years after the charmed ones died killing the triad. Wyatt Perry (Paige and Henry's kid) and William (Phoebe's and Cole's)fight evil on a daily basis as they also try to find love and get good grades basis

Dont take this personally, but thats a horrible idea.

aplourey

[32]Mar 29, 2006
    • level: 34
    FanWriter wrote:
    pilot4him2005 wrote:

people put comments like that on forums like this and it just makes the people who wrote the original idea feel like there idea is hopeless dont say stuff like that even if u say no offence

GusF

[33]Mar 30, 2006
    aplourey wrote:
    FanWriter wrote:
    pilot4him2005 wrote:

people put comments like that on forums like this and it just makes the people who wrote the original idea feel like there idea is hopeless dont say stuff like that even if u say no offence

I agree. It was a bit uncalled for.

tvatitsbest

[34]Mar 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    Mine would be a crime mystery series, it have to be like the x-files though.

EranE

[35]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 12
    Just a word of caution people...

If any of you are genuinely serious about going forward and further with your series ideas, whatever your age is, do NOT, post an idea on an online message board before protecting your own rights in the matter.

I'm not insinuating anyone would steal an idea but this is by nature a most vulnerable medium and a simple act of copy paste could take away your idea and you'd never be able to legally claim it as your own.

What to do then?

This is the most basic way ANY writer can prove authenticity and protect themselves. They taught us that at University (I majored in screenwriting)

1. Print out your idea/synopsis/treatment/pilot script
    2. Go to the post office
    3. Send YOURSELF the manuscript via registered mail. Keep the tracking slip and the receipt/invoice you get at the post office.
    4. When the package or envelope arrives, don't ever open it.

Of course, for those of you old enough, you can join a guild or a union and have your ideas registered and copyrighted through them - that's what I do and it shouldn't cost too much money.

Good luck with all your ideas and aspirations

Sony931

[36]Mar 31, 2006
    EranE wrote:
    Just a word of caution people...

If any of you are genuinely serious about going forward and further with your series ideas, whatever your age is, do NOT, post an idea on an online message board before protecting your own rights in the matter.

I'm not insinuating anyone would steal an idea but this is by nature a most vulnerable medium and a simple act of copy paste could take away your idea and you'd never be able to legally claim it as your own.

What to do then?

This is the most basic way ANY writer can prove authenticity and protect themselves. They taught us that at University (I majored in screenwriting)

1. Print out your idea/synopsis/treatment/pilot script
    2. Go to the post office
    3. Send YOURSELF the manuscript via registered mail. Keep the tracking slip and the receipt/invoice you get at the post office.
    4. When the package or envelope arrives, don't ever open it.

Of course, for those of you old enough, you can join a guild or a union and have your ideas registered and copyrighted through them - that's what I do and it shouldn't cost too much money.

Good luck with all your ideas and aspirations

Oye...

kurby123

[37]Apr 1, 2006
    • level: 19
    What does everyone think of my freakin show? (POST 11)

tallinex

[38]Apr 2, 2006
    • level: 4
    Kurby123: Its Ok, I can see myself lossing interest after a while though. Anyway my show idea is a sit-com, kinda like Sienfeld set in heaven(or hell i guess) were the main character works as a greeter to welcome new sols.

Sony931

[39]Apr 2, 2006
    kurby123 wrote:
    What does everyone think of my freakin show? (POST 11)

Another okay idea.

JustintheCred

[40]Apr 4, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    FanWriter wrote:
    Title: Four Horsemen
    Genre: Fantasy Drama
    Description: Four best friends who happen to be in law school are in a horrible car accident and all rest in a come for months; but they awaken all at the same time with newly discovered supernatural abilities. But they later find out that they will either become four great heroes or be the four to be destined for evil and bring upon an apocolypse on Earth.

That sounds very intriguing and would make a very cool show.

Yup and it would last 4 episodes at best. Youd have to hope that you'd have an amazing pilot that the media might buzz about it or you'll get picked up by a smaller station like CW and build a following... NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX will chew the show out and spit it out.