Forums: Shows in Development: Pitch your own show

henrynhenry

[101]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 8

I always had this idea for a show called Pilots.

You'd have a cast of actors like a sketch show, except every week would be a pilot for a new show, with your actors playing a different character each week.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

spn88

[103]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    How about this. Brother and sister escape from the holiday with their mother and her new lover to visit their father, just to find him dead halfway through the season. They also find evidence that shows it was their mother's new lover, who she is still on vacation with. Luckily she suspected something. But when the kids call her and tell her about the dead father, while she is in downtown San Francisco, she gets hit by a car, falls into coma, her phone falls and so no one knows, who she is. The last thing she tells the kids, is that if "they" found their father, that their grandparents are next on the list. So the two split and one tries to find the grandparents while the other one tries to find their mother. At the end of season one, they'll figure out, that if someone had hired a professional to kill their father, the whole thing was too messy. 

SnarkyDoctor

[104]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    I don't know if someone already though of this, but I'd like a story that deals with a family of psychics as they to come to terms with their hidden abilities, helping people in need, and being on the run from the KGB/Shadow Government.

garnetblack

[105]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 7

Title: FU: Forensics Unit

Theme Song: (Mama's Got A) Squeeze Box by The Who

Premise: A Police Squad!-like parody of assorted procedurals, especially CSI and its spinoffs.

tvlvur007

[106]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    henrynhenry wrote:

I always had this idea for a show called Pilots.

You'd have a cast of actors like a sketch show, except every week would be a pilot for a new show, with your actors playing a different character each week.

that is so awesome. i would so watch that!
    Edited on 04/15/2007 4:59pm

markasimon

[107]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 1
    If you go to SellYourTvConceptNow you can get a free report on pitching. This covers the 7 biggest mistakes people make when they pitch a show. If you're serious about developing your own show, you should check it out.

marvinhood

[109]May 1, 2007
    • level: 11

helly everyone!

A few years ago I got this idea for a serialized drama based on a show here in Mexico called "La Academia"  (American Idol type of show), and the story was about these 9 former contestans who were on the show and now are trying to make it big in the business.

You may not believe it, but I started writing this show like ministories about four or five years ago, and the series started with a scene in which one of the former contestants comiting suicide, and then introducind six more contestants and how some of them are now big singers and some others who are not. The series would be about these contestants and how their lives changed, some for the best, some of the worst, after the show. Of course the suicide would´ve played a big deal in the story, as some of the characters would not think it was a suicide, but a murder. The "bad" guys would be the people from their management company.

I have the whole first season until the cliffhanger season finale, but I don´t know who to pitch it to or where to submit it.

What do you think about it? would you watch a show like this one?

marvinhood

[110]May 1, 2007
    • level: 11

Other shows that I´ve thought about would be:

"Just like us"

About some characters who resemble of some characters in history. Pretty much the show would be about regular people who resemble some of people in history, for example, there would be a girl named Frida or Rita who is a graphic designer (resembling Frida Kahlo) who is in love with her married boss at the advertising agency (Diego Rivera), there would also be a guy named Abe, who wants to get into politics because he wants to be the President of the United States, also a guy who is involved in protests and activism (resembling Che), and so on and on. Eventually, the show would be about about these characters repeating the mistakes from the people the were inspired, and about these people dealing with now-a-day issues (Frida Kahlo as a graphic designer!!)

"McCarthy Dorm"

The show would focus on a group of freshmen who are living in a co-ed dorm at a university and how they try to adjust to their new lives as college students.

MaddenMad

[111]May 6, 2007
    • level: 4

I've had this idea for a while it's kind of predictable really.

Title:- Jack & Sue

Network:- ABC/NBC/or my Network when I'm older and rich lol

Summary:- Jack is a slightly overweight truck driver with two kids (Payton and Georgina *Georgie*) and Sue works at a diner and has one daughter (Mannie) she meets Jack and the two fall in love and move in together. With hilarity following quickly behind.

Think Roseanne for the 21st Century.

JP_Reginaldo

[112]May 6, 2007
    • level: 6

Title: Still working on it...

Genre: Sci-fi

Premise: It's about this dude.  The days of his lives are arranged backwards.  The day of his death is the first, his birth is last.  What he doesn't know is that it wasn't always this way, but it's all he can remember.  He has to find out when and where his life was turned around before it's too late.

Sucks, I know.

Edited on 05/06/2007 6:15pm

Sage2104

[113]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 2

I have been working on one idea for almost 2 years now. It is written as a outline for what I want to happen in a series that would run for 7 seasons and would include 2 spinoffs, a 3-part prequel, and movie. I have been trying to find someone to share it with. I think you'll be quite surprised and hopefully impressed on how far it has gotten along. Here is the pilot for a show I call: LEGEND OF SIGMA. It was formerly called Sigma Troopers.

The show starts off with a prison bust. Three masked men break into a prison and bust out another man. The man is actually some supernatural character, but I don't know if he's human or not, but he was being tested on. So, they break this guy out and get him into this ship where there is a nurse and pilot waiting for them. After a big chase seen they arrive at their headquarters. I am calling this team "The Tribe". This character they broke out (Zeta) meets the Tribe leader, Isaiah Dunn. Dunn asks him to join the Tribe in the fight against these guys (there is more to this story obviously, but for the sake of the pilot, it is to prevent war with the Sigma Troopers. Zeta is one of 7) Zeta refuses. One Tribe member gets pissed and storms off and to top it all off the person Zeta is remotely interested in is a 9-year old girl named Carissa who gets kidnapped at the very end. Zeta agrees to work with the Tribe.

It plays out like an alias or buffy. Each season stars from scratch so you know now that season 2 will have nothing to do with rescuing a girl. In fact, if deals with not one but TWO superpowers teaming up.

There is much much more to this story that goes beyond the kidnapping of a 9-year old girl. I have 7 seasons mapped out. I am just missing some filler here and there and a few major story arcs yet to plan out. I don't want to share anymore here though, but if someone would reply I would share the rest of the story through e-mail.

Edited on 06/10/2007 11:43am
    Edited 3 total times.

Dark_InuYasha17

[114]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 24
    Title: The DeckMaster.
    Summary: Kyte Spencer is chosen as the DeckMaster to stop the coming of evil. His weapons: Magic the Gathering cards. Dueling, monster summoning and black magic are used in this show.

It's like Buffy and Yu-Gi-Oh combined together. It's kind of a cheesy idea. I dunno, I could write a novel of it instead of pitching it as a show.

HeroJaden

[115]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    Mis-Edventures Of Ed,Edd And Eddy
    Genre:Edventure,Lol!
    The Ed Brothers Travel In Time To Defeat A Evil Villian With The Other Characters Of Ed,Edd N Eddy And Some Of Everybody Hates Chris.

Grounded 2:The Mis-Edventures
    Genre:Edventures
    The Gang Return Stuck In The Airport Running From A New Bully Called Caruso And A Mystery One.Also They Run From The Workers And They Do Scaming With Ed,Edd N Eddy With The Show Gang And The Everybody Hates Chris Gang.This Show May Have A Sequel!

spn88

[116]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 3

So how about this. This guy gets a new job. The show would be real-time. So, let's say the show airs monday nights at 9pm. Then his job would be to go to this place every monday and wait from 9 to 10. Then someone comes and gives him an envelope containing 1000 bucks. He can keep the job as long as he doesn't ask any questions. In flashbacks we then see things like how he got the job, or what his girlfriend convinced him to do to find out more about this job. We would see what happened during the rest of the week. Then, say after three episodes, the guy with the money has blood on his hands, something that gets people interested in what the hell he gets this money for.

angrodpallanen

[117]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 22
    Hmm, sounds ok, but there should be more going on in this man's life.

My pitch:
    Working Title: Life of Terror: High School Nightmare
    Genre: Horror
    A group of popular teenagers are graduating from their High School, in order to enjoy their popularity one last time before they head into the real world, they throw a big (but secretive) party for all the cool people and it's set in their High School! When the party begins and all cameras are shut down, there are over 200 kids dancing in the lunch room and in the hallways while outside, it's getting darker and darker. When the clock turns eleven, the lunch room gets warmer and warmer, somebody closes the doors to the hallway and seconds later, everybody in the lunch room gets burned alive in an explosion while the people in the hall can only watch how their friends get burned. When the 70 people who are in the hallways try to find their way out, they realize they can't. All the doors are locked, the windows are dubble glass and even the fireexits are closed. While many of them still cry about their lost, few of them start to freak about being locked up in the high school. Then, a tall person walks over to the small group of people nearest to the door, he unbuttons his coath and reveals an axe and starts striking the kids. Panic overcomes them, and they are trying to get out, two get killed and everybody in the hallway runs in seperate ways. 68 kids, locked up in school, 5 killers on the loose using instruments used in popular horrormovies, who will survive? Who will make it through the night? And what will be left of them?
    In short: a teen horror movie in a tv-form. The horror movies are a success, why not a tv-show? Of course, not for younger viewers.

I'm curious, who of you actually want to make a tv-show? I know I want to (not this one thought, but after reading some stories online I'm paranoid about someone stealing the idea). And I will not stop until it becomes a reality. But who of these pitchers also want to be a tv-show creator?
    Sage2104 wrote:

I have been working on one idea for almost 2 years now. It is written as a outline for what I want to happen in a series that would run for 7 seasons and would include 2 spinoffs, a 3-part prequel, and movie. I have been trying to find someone to share it with. I think you'll be quite surprised and hopefully impressed on how far it has gotten along. Here is the pilot for a show I call: LEGEND OF SIGMA. It was formerly called Sigma Troopers.

The show starts off with a prison bust. Three masked men break into a prison and bust out another man. The man is actually some supernatural character, but I don't know if he's human or not, but he was being tested on. So, they break this guy out and get him into this ship where there is a nurse and pilot waiting for them. After a big chase seen they arrive at their headquarters. I am calling this team "The Tribe". This character they broke out (Zeta) meets the Tribe leader, Isaiah Dunn. Dunn asks him to join the Tribe in the fight against these guys (there is more to this story obviously, but for the sake of the pilot, it is to prevent war with the Sigma Troopers. Zeta is one of 7) Zeta refuses. One Tribe member gets pissed and storms off and to top it all off the person Zeta is remotely interested in is a 9-year old girl named Carissa who gets kidnapped at the very end. Zeta agrees to work with the Tribe.

It plays out like an alias or buffy. Each season stars from scratch so you know now that season 2 will have nothing to do with rescuing a girl. In fact, if deals with not one but TWO superpowers teaming up.

There is much much more to this story that goes beyond the kidnapping of a 9-year old girl. I have 7 seasons mapped out. I am just missing some filler here and there and a few major story arcs yet to plan out. I don't want to share anymore here though, but if someone would reply I would share the rest of the story through e-mail.

Wauw, it took me two years before I figured out three seasons, you did 7 in the same time! Anyway, I like the story, it's definatly thought through, it's just not my kind of tv-show
    Edited on 06/18/2007 7:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

belizaire

[118]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 2
    Wow! There are some good ideas flowing. What happens to the ideas? Does someone from TV.com present them? Just curious.

angrodpallanen

[119]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 22
    I doubt it, they are just "what ifs". Some really want it to become a show, others are just doing it for fun.
    Here's another one:

Name: American Star
    Network: Fox/MTV
    Pitch: In this sequel to the hitseries American Idol, we take a step forward into the progress of becoming an Idol. In this talentrace we search for the ultimate star. Singing, dancing, acting, presentating, the contestants have to do it all.
    In the first audition round, there are four juries, containing each one casting agent, a record label guy (lol), an MTV host and a professional dance teacher. The four juries are going to judge all of the conestants who participate, from all of them (from who will probably be alot worthless) only 50 can enter the next round. In the next round it's up to them to do a performance in the studio, this only contains singing and dancing. If the judges and they audience think it's good, they'll enter, along with 16 others, the final round. In this final round, they have to battle each other. All of them get guest appearance in shows, and they have to proof their acting skills (which of course, they have otherwise they wouldn't be in the final round). While 4 of them do their guest role, 4 others will host the program for the night, 4 others will entertain the live audience with singing and the last 4 will help the previous 4 as background dancers. After four nights in which all 16 contestants have done everything, only four of them will be chosen to battle each other for the fifth and final time. They start with nothing, though they can get anything they want. They have to build up their own show for the night, containing one play, one dance battle, four songs, and of course, presentation of the entire show. The jury decides, the audience votes, and voila America has it's next star that really can, do anything.

MrCleveland

[120]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    I made-up a TV Show for Adult Swim. It's called "Everything Happens in Bertstown". The show is revolved around a guy named Paul Warner and he's always being put down by his father. His mother always gives him love and affection and Paul has two younger siblings named Dustin and Margaret who lead more sucessful lives than he does. There are also some obscure Hanna-Barbera characters on this show. Now you know why I would like to get this show on Adult Swim.